Who here is not in the "clique" like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Happy Friday!! Anybody have exciting plans for this weekend? Nothing new here, just packing and more packing:rotfl: One of these weekends before we leave I want to make one last trip to DC though! I love that city!

Mom, Hope you are feeling better! I woke up with a headache today too :headache:

Lyzziesmom- that check would really help us right now, too! Now lets hope if its happening they send it to the right address :rolleyes1 Although next year we wll just have to pay more taxes.......:rolleyes:

DznyFan- congrats to Erin! She is quite the trickster huh!

Thanks for breakfast Donna, and I hope everyone else is having a wonderful day!

BlessMyFriends.jpg

Boy I swear, every time I work at school I come home and feel like I need a nap.:confused:

So....... I got a text message from my child a few minutes ago, and it said: "I got Hattie".

Hattie is a supporting character - she has some solo parts in a song at the beginning. She appears now and then throughout the rest of the production.

So I sent a message back saying "No way!!! You're kidding with me! Who'd you really get???"

I got a message back........
"j/k - I got Kate!"

my child is SO mean!

Way to go Erin!:dance3: :cool1: :cheer2:

Lesa: Sadly, it usually is the people who have very little money who handle it badly. It's because they don't budget or spend wisely that they have none to spare. I've never had much more than I need, but I try to be wise with what I have - it's a struggle though. However I have seen people who make 2 or 3 times what I do, and have less responsibility, who will simply fritter it away and complain of being broke all the time. I knew a family who would always buy the top name brands of everything including groceries - their grocery bill for 3 people was around $200 a week and half of it went bad and got thrown away! - and yet they were consistently late on paying bills and always had one utility or another shut off. If given "free" money, they would no doubt run out and buy something with it rather than pay off bills. In my experience that's pretty typical. A lot of lower-income people (my past self included) have the attitude of, "enjoy it while it lasts." It may not make much sense, but I can see why they'd be aiming the refund at certain income levels if they want it spent.

Sorry I don't agree that people with less money spend more than people with more money. I also feel that with the way the economy is going that more people are going to opt to pay bills or simply save the money and not toss it away like they think. Now that's not to say there won't be those that spend the money on things they don't need. ;) I am in no way saying that I don't want or need the extra cash and will be rather grateful if it's sent our way. I am saying that I personally took offense to the fact that they think that by giving money to the "average citizen" is going to fix the economy because they feel they will simply take it on a grand shopping spree. When in fact most of those same "average citizens" are going to be grateful for the money so they can pay their heating bill for a few extra months to stay warm, or afford to put gas in their car so they can make it to work or put food in their mouth with they way food prices are going up. Sorry, I'm not normally politically vocal, but this whole thing struck me the wrong way. :rolleyes1 (This of course IMO)!pirate: Must be the PMS!:flower3:

Hey guys! Happy Friday!! Anybody have exciting plans for this weekend? Nothing new here, just packing and more packing:rotfl: One of these weekends before we leave I want to make one last trip to DC though! I love that city!

BlessMyFriends.jpg
That is very cute! :hug: I hope you make it to DC before you go. When we lived in Florida we kept saying we wanted to go to the Keys but never made it. Good luck with the packing!

By the way, I had a meeting at school today. They found an aid to work with Madison. :yay: :woohoo:

Hi everyone!

Lesa- That's great news about Maddie! I understand what you are saying about the refunds- whatever I get will be going towards my bills. Speaking of the economy, my poor mom might lose her job soon. She's an office manager and has been with the place she works at for over 10 years. :( Good luck with your car!

Dznyfan- Erin is so sneaky!

Plans for the weekend- I work my last day at YC tomorrow. :( I really did like it there. Then on Sunday I think, my family is going to have a going away dinner for me.

good morning everyone~at least I hope its good!

yesterday after leaving work, a lady who works at the Outpatient Surgery Center right behind my job backed into me. so today I am taking the car to be fixed. nothing major, just inconvenient. still I was a little upset yesterday. her insurance is that funny gecko guy, and so far they have been great. will report in later, I have had a bad migraine since yest. and have decided I am taking the day off! ttyl! greetings to all.
Oh no! Hope it gets taken care of quickly. My co-worker got backed into earlier this year and the lady that hit her had Geiko, they liked the service so much they switched themselves and love them.

Good morning my lovelies.
Hey, thats my line! Hehehe. Things for you seem to be looking up....

Thanks for the link!

So....... I got a text message from my child a few minutes ago, and it said: "I got Hattie".

Hattie is a supporting character - she has some solo parts in a song at the beginning. She appears now and then throughout the rest of the production.

So I sent a message back saying "No way!!! You're kidding with me! Who'd you really get???"

I got a message back........

"j/k - I got Kate!"

my child is SO mean!
Break a leg Erin! We never doubted you for a minute!
I'll help her channel her 'shrew'
shrew.jpg

Sorry I don't agree that people with less money spend more than people with more money. I also feel that with the way the economy is going that more people are going to opt to pay bills or simply save the money and not toss it away like they think. Now that's not to say there won't be those that spend the money on things they don't need. ;) I am in no way saying that I don't want or need the extra cash and will be rather grateful if it's sent our way. I am saying that I personally took offense to the fact that they think that by giving money to the "average citizen" is going to fix the economy because they feel they will simply take it on a grand shopping spree. When in fact most of those same "average citizens" are going to be grateful for the money so they can pay their heating bill for a few extra months to stay warm, or afford to put gas in their car so they can make it to work or put food in their mouth with they way food prices are going up. Sorry, I'm not normally politically vocal, but this whole thing struck me the wrong way. :rolleyes1 (This of course IMO)!pirate: Must be the PMS!:flower3:
You know, when it comes to the whole lower/middle class spend more thing I really think that it may look that way because a larger portion of our income goes to bills, etc. I don't think we all go out and blow all our money on shopping.

Spent today grading and putting in semester exam grades and 6 weeks grades... May I pose a question to you? How on earth do you FAIL THEATRE I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a Margarita so we are headed out to dinner.

Knock, knock.....anybody out there??

We just got home a little bit ago. I had another Pee-Wee parent meeting, which in reality was just a little gab fest for the 4th grade parents whose kids had practice tonight. So....I got to sit there for 1 and 1/2 hours just to sign up to bring ground beef for next weekends' games.:rolleyes1

Went out to eat afterwards and picked up a few groceries. I think I may make lasagna sometime this weekend. The fun never ends!!:laughing:

DznyFan:: That's great that Erin got the part of Kate!!! We knew she could do it!!:woohoo:

Lesa:: Happy to hear they found an aid for Madison!!:yay:

Nicole:: I'm sorry about your mom's job. Hopefully everything will turn out OK for her.

Lin:: Did you enjoy your margarita....I mean dinner.;)

I have absolutely NO plans for the weekend!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Neither do I.

Well.....nothing set in stone or anything...

It will be nice to be able to do what I want to do. It's supposed to be really cold here this weekend.....I might just hibernate.

So, did you have lunch with the girls today?

It will be nice to be able to do what I want to do. It's supposed to be really cold here this weekend.....I might just hibernate.

So, did you have lunch with the girls today?

No, they backed out on me. Something about too soon to be seen in public with me....... :cry:

And YourMajesty can't be seen in public with a commoner such as myself too often.....

No, they backed out on me. Something about too soon to be seen in public with me....... :cry:

And YourMajesty can't be seen in public with a commoner such as myself too often.....

Oh, pozey!!!! That's not true!!:sad2:

Well, it's way past pumpkin time for me. Time to go recharge the batteries.:cloud9:
Good night, pozey.:wave2:

Thanks for breakfast, 2x2s!! It looks lovely......and yummy!!!:goodvibes

good morning everyone! yesterday was tooooo hectic, I didnt have any computer time.

we got the car in, and the service was great. we have a dodge avenger for a rental car. (all paid for by the other party's insurance). its a bottom of the line model, looks nice inside but very cheap inside. our car might be ready by tues! I am not holding my breath though.

we went to see Robin Trower in concert last night. we had a really good time, but OMG does he look OLD! I mean like 80's . must have been that rock star lifestyle. the only thing that stunk was it was general admission, so we had to stand the whole time. my feet still hurt! but he really tore it up on guitar. dh was happy. we had a good view of RT, off to the side, not down in the crush of people in front of the stage. it did start to get very warm!
we slept in today and are going for an early lunch. DH has to work at 3. will check in later!

\
we got the car in, and the service was great. we have a dodge avenger for a rental car. (all paid for by the other party's insurance). its a bottom of the line model, looks nice inside but very cheap inside. our car might be ready by tues! I am not holding my breath though.

!

oops! I meant looks good outside, cheap inside.:rolleyes:

Shannon----oh, what a pain in the behind about your car!!! I'm so sorry that happened. Good thing no one was hurt, though.:hug:

YM---how's DS feeling??
Apologize to HisMajesty:worship: for me about the "story".:eek: :lmao: He's gonna not allow you to hang around me anymore.:rolleyes1
Too bad about the game----that must have been disheartening!!! They have to lose with pride, though, I suppose.

Pozey---your friends will have a wonderful time at WL!!! Don't you wish you could be their personal tour guide??

Nicole---I can fit anywhere you would like if you'd let me go with you!!! I'd even hold on for dear life on the roof of the truck!!!:rotfl:
We're so proud of you!!!! Have a good going-away dinner and enjoy your day at YC.
Prayers for your mom!!! :hug: I know----it's getting scary out there. I've been at my job for 10 years and lately, the way my books are looking, I feel like I just started. Sad.

Lyzziesmom---I think you need to frame the pic of the girls on the bridge!! I love how they are standing EXACTLY alike too. So cute!!
That is so sweet that Emma idolizes Lyzzie.
I know what you mean about Lyzzie becoming less tolerant. I thought it was just because Isabella is the only girl that she cops the attitude. She's the same age as Lyzzie, I believe-----9??

Lesa---:laughing: Maddie is too smart for her britches!!! She knew you were in the building.
Have fun dealing the the jeep.:scared1:
Congrats on the aid for Maddie!!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Moving in the right direction!!!

DznyFan---YAY FOR ERIN!!!!!! When is the play happening??:rolleyes1

HI Michele!!!

Ash---that little drawing that you posted is the cutest thing ever!!!
Have fun packing----just thing sunshine!!!!

Lin----do you need some aspirin after your drink last night???
Failing theatre??:confused3
I think I posted earlier, but not sure-----I finally got to see Wicked at the end of December and LOVED it!!!! I completely understand your addiction.

Donna---hibernating sounds so good!!! It's so cold outside.
Those chatty women----what are you gonna do with them??:lmao: WE don't know anyone like that, do we??:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :worship:

HI to everyone!!!!

Well, my day yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. My book filled up semi-well. That is why I was so upset Thursday because my book was wide open on Friday and I was doing all that I could to get it filled. The boss-girl just got me in an uproar-------and those who have met me know I don't uproar.;)

Today is my nephew Luca's 2nd birthday. The kids have a 4-day weekend and my sister is kicking herself for not thinking ahead and making a quick jaunt to WDW-----esp. since the other two kids got to spend their 2nd birthdays there. No fair. Hopefully he won't "figure" it out when he gets older. Chuck-E-Cheese it will be, then-----just not the same.

I am cleaning the house today (or at least that's what I'm telling myself). Yippee skippee!!!!

have a good Saturday everyone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter