Who is a member?

Assuming no changes to the Riviera restrictions, if someone owns both direct and resale, even if they get full member benefits from their direct contract (which would include ability to book at Riviera), they would only be able to use those direct points for Riviera and not the resale points, correct?

So let's say you own 100 points direct and 300 resale. You could book at Riviera, but you would only have 100 points (plus any banking/borrowing from that direct contract) to use at Riviera. None of the 300 resale points could be used there.

Not a perfect analogy, but if I'm understanding correctly, it's kind of like using points from multiple home resort contracts... you can only use the home resort points to book at 11 months despite the total # of points you own.

So, it's not just a matter of whether resale qualifies you as "member" or not, but whether the specific points being used qualify for booking at Riviera, correct?

Assuming no changes to the Riviera restrictions, if someone owns both direct and resale, even if they get full member benefits from their direct contract (which would include ability to book at Riviera), they would only be able to use those direct points for Riviera and not the resale points, correct?

So let's say you own 100 points direct and 300 resale. You could book at Riviera, but you would only have 100 points (plus any banking/borrowing from that direct contract) to use at Riviera. None of the 300 resale points could be used there.

Not a perfect analogy, but if I'm understanding correctly, it's kind of like using points from multiple home resort contracts... you can only use the home resort points to book at 11 months despite the total # of points you own.

So, it's not just a matter of whether resale qualifies you as "member" or not, but whether the specific points being used qualify for booking at Riviera, correct?
All resale points purchased before January 19 of this year can still be used at Riviera. Resale points purchased after that can't. You are correct that it is the points that are qualified or not rather than the owner. So if you bought resale points today those points couldn't be use at Riviera but any direct points, or resale points you purchased prior to the deadline, could still be used there.

All resale points purchased before January 19 of this year can still be used at Riviera. Resale points purchased after that can't. You are correct that it is the points that are qualified or not rather than the owner. So if you bought resale points today those points couldn't be use at Riviera but any direct points, or resale points you purchased prior to the deadline, could still be used there.

To add, MS has a quick way of knowing the status of the points. When I had some points in holding and was talking to MS, she mentioned she could swap them into a reservation I made within 60 days and free up other points to be in holding since the holding points I had were RIV, but if I’d rather have SSR ones.l.the ones in the reservation, she could do that.

She then mentioned that since my SSR points couldn’t be used for cruises, etc. that depending on what I would be doing, might depend on which points I wanted out. Since I only use my points for DVC, it didn’t matter so I left as is.

To add, MS has a quick way of knowing the status of the points. When I had some points in holding and was talking to MS, she mentioned she could swap them into a reservation I made within 60 days and free up other points to be in holding since the holding points I had were RIV, but if I’d rather have SSR ones.l.the ones in the reservation, she could do that.

She then mentioned that since my SSR points couldn’t be used for cruises, etc. that depending on what I would be doing, might depend on which points I wanted out. Since I only use my points for DVC, it didn’t matter so I left as is.
Nice of MS to help you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!