Who is at fault

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
Dh and I are at a disagreement I say it's me dh says it's the gym

I will try to make this a short story every so often we have to go in for measurements and I was supposed to go in at 1030 that is why I took today off because my shift is from 830 to 11 50 were i volunteer anyway so silly me did not call yesterday to confirm

So because of that I get a call this morning saying g that no one is available to measurements and it's too late too gi in by the time I get the call

It's really no one's 'fault' . It was simply that you forgot to call and confirm. It's no big deal, is it? You can just figure out another time to go in and get measurements, right? Not worth having a disagreement with husband about, save those for the bigger things!

It's really no one's 'fault' . It was simply that you forgot to call and confirm. It's no big deal, is it? You can just figure out another time to go in and get measurements, right? Not worth having a disagreement with husband about, save those for the bigger things!

True btw I knew I was at fault

My guess is that the person called off today. Even if you had called to confirm yesterday it still would have been cancelled. No one's fault.

Besides, if you have an appointment set up, why do you even need to call to confirm? I've always just assumed that unless I hear different, my appointment is as scheduled.

You got a call from the gym saying no one was available. They knew you were coming in so you shouldn't have had to call and confirm. It sounds like the gym had someone call in sick so they had to cancel all the measurement appointments.

Really not that big a deal to argue about.

Guys I am exaggerating not the type of arguing you are thinking of it's more like we cant decide if I am at f asult or the gym is could I have done something different because I just feel that guilty

So, because you didn't call to confirm, they cancelled the appointment at the gym? I've never seen that happen with a doctor or dentist appointment.

One thing I learned from this thread is we cant control everything as hard as we try and I have got to let it go trying to control everything

I did not realize what a control freak I was before this thread but it's not just that its letting others down when I dont want to

If you had a set appt then there should be no reason for you to call and confirm it.
I'd say its the gym's fault for not having a back up in case the usual measurement person calls in.
Personally though I wouldn't even bother with something like that.
You can just as easily measure your progress at home with a tap measure, scale, pics, and how your clothes are fitting.
You don't need a stranger to validate or give constructive criticism.
Tink, What happened to just eating better and doing simple exercise like walking?
What do you do at the gym?

I take some yoga weight lifting and just making friends all of my other friends want to sell me something

And in my area low 30s high 50 and that is considered cold were I live

Last edited:
This is not like a big deal appointment. Chalk it up to making another appointment. And your next one may be even more exciting as to how much you did work off. Its like weighing every day and getting disappointed. So look forward to the next one and don't sweat it....:flower:

You guys are doing all you can but all I want to do is unplug and wallow sorta speak I cant get over the anger of not confirming not that the phone is ever answered but still no excuse

I have NEVER called to confirm a previously scheduled appointment. Why would I? If the appointment were changed or needed to be cancelled THEY would call ME. This is not your fault. Not sure why you insist that it is and feel angry about it.

Thanks for the slap in the face :-) I needed it

I take some yoga weight lifting and just making friends all of my other friends want to sell me something

And in my area low 30s high 50 and that is considered cold were I live

Haha trust me I found it cold the other day in florida and I'm from Buffalo NY.
Just got back from my daily walk here at home in the snow and since I had the appropriate clothing on I was nice and toasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!