Who is Jaystation and what happened at Disney?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I was perusing the reviews on Disney's FB page, and I'm seeing several upset comments over something that happened at Disney with Jaystation? Seems like they confiscated his camera or something? Any idea who he is and what exactly happened?

There just happened to be a second YouTube person there to film this. Sounds like a publicity stunt to me.

That's kind of what I was thinking, too. I checked out his YouTube page... he hasn't posted anythign new in a year. So maybe he was trying to get back into it?

There just happened to be a second YouTube person there to film this. Sounds like a publicity stunt to me.

That's kind of what I was thinking, too. I checked out his YouTube page... he hasn't posted anythign new in a year. So maybe he was trying to get back into it?

I'm going to quote my own posts from the News thread. I don't think this was a publicity stunt. Both YouTubers were there to make a video together. Below are just my two cents.

Jason Ethier was arrested in part due to suspicion of trespassing. So his buddy jumps on stream and tells everyone that they were planning to make a video for a channel that posts trespassing videos...hmmmmm.

Also, I remember Disney saying that certain types of cameras were not allowed on in the parks without a media pass (or something like that). Am I remembering something incorrectly or is that still the case? Not saying this guy had a camera that would fall into that category (although $2000 worth of equipment is quite a bit).

Tinfoil hat time! Disney knew he was coming and Disney security took his equipment so he couldn't film. (I think that's what TheFam's video was saying, but honestly, I didn't watch the whole thing because I don't have 20+ minutes of listening to someone rant (except Pete of course).

EDIT: I started jumping around the video that this guy gets honked at because he ends up in the bus drop off circle (or whatever you call it). He keeps saying, "I don't know where to go guys." C'mon man...just follow the sidewalk...I find stuff like this 50% pathetic, 45% annoying, and 5% hilarious.

Let me start off by saying this is all complete speculation...ok, with that out of the way...

I took a look at the ImJayStations youtube account. It seems like most of his videos are him playing with Ouija boards, or staying overnight in an abandoned "haunted" location. Since he's into the clickbait paranormal, and they were thinking of doing an "epic" video...and it happened at Magic Kingdom...here's my theory.

They were planning on staying in the park after closing, getting into the Haunted Mansion, and playing with a Ouija board, or trying to prove there were real ghosts in the Haunted Mansion, or some other nonsense.

Funny thing is that there is already video of a couple of people in Haunted Mansion after close, and running from security. I wasn't able to find anything from a quick google search at work, but I've seen it before. I will edit this post when/if I find the old clip.

Just my theory...seems like it would fit the content that seems to be on his channel already.

His account doesn’t pass the smell test. If somebody stole your equipment the last thing you are going to do is be beligereht with security to the point of being arrested. Either security has good reason to take the equipment or he was creating a scene to make a good video like all those first amendment people who go out of their way to get arrested and then claim harassment.

I'm going to quote my own posts from the News thread. I don't think this was a publicity stunt. Both YouTubers were there to make a video together. Below are just my two cents.

Your thoughts make perfect sense. So do you think Disney knew he was coming? And if so, how would they have known?

Your thoughts make perfect sense. So do you think Disney knew he was coming? And if so, how would they have known?

I know absolutely nothing about Disney security, and I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but with that being said I do think there are security measures in place that you or I would never even think of. On top of that, it's not the first time Disney has dealt with "urban explorers". Adam the Woo was banned, then un-banned. There was another vlogger that has gotten caught backstage, though he played it off pretty well so I'm not sure if he got in trouble.

Does Disney keep tabs on popular "urban explorers" (a.k.a. trespassers) to see if any of them purchased tickets? You're guess is as good as mine, and my logical brain is thinking probably not.

Occam's Razor says when there are competing guesses we should choose the one with the least assumptions. Maybe it was just serendipitous that this guy planning to do some kind of video in Walt Disney World got all his camera stuff stolen by a stranger?

I know absolutely nothing about Disney security, and I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but with that being said I do think there are security measures in place that you or I would never even think of. On top of that, it's not the first time Disney has dealt with "urban explorers". Adam the Woo was banned, then un-banned. There was another vlogger that has gotten caught backstage, though he played it off pretty well so I'm not sure if he got in trouble.

Does Disney keep tabs on popular "urban explorers" (a.k.a. trespassers) to see if any of them purchased tickets? You're guess is as good as mine, and my logical brain is thinking probably not.

Occam's Razor says when there are competing guesses we should choose the one with the least assumptions. Maybe it was just serendipitous that this guy planning to do some kind of video in Walt Disney World got all his camera stuff stolen by a stranger?
There was a group that swam out to discovery island. They got banned.

Then there was another guy about a year ago who would pretend he has no idea where he was going and just wander into backstage areas like wonders of Life when it’s closed or office areas. He was banned as well.

There was a group that swam out to discovery island. They got banned.

Then there was another guy about a year ago who would pretend he has no idea where he was going and just wander into backstage areas like wonders of Life when it’s closed or office areas. He was banned as well.

Did the second guy you mention have kind of big hair? That's the other guy I was talking about.

I find people like these vloggers (I guess that's what they're called) really annoying. When I go to WDW, US or SW I'm expected to follow the rules, and I do. Unless they have a pass or special permission, they should follow the rules too. They only do it for publicity and to get more traffic on their "sites". I refuse to watch junk like this, I believe your I.Q. measurably drops with each video you watch.

Funny thing, for regular people I would guess not. But, perhaps in the case of someone like this, I dunno, part of me almost thinks that maybe they do. I definitely agree with you, I'm sure there are security measures (especially undercover/plain clothes ones) in place that we have no idea about. Quite honestly, there would have to be, in order to keep a place like Disney safe in today's world.

(although $2000 worth of equipment is quite a bit).

Many DSLRs cost $2,000+ and just look like normal 35mm cameras. This one is $3,000+.

Anyhow, these guys seem like idiots. I watched the video linked on the wesh.com article and I just can't believe these are grown adults doing this stuff.

I imagine that these guys went to WDW looking for trouble and found it. The problem is that they didn't like how it turned out.

Many DSLRs cost $2,000+ and just look like normal 35mm cameras. This one is $3,000+.

Anyhow, these guys seem like idiots. I watched the video linked on the wesh.com article and I just can't believe these are grown adults doing this stuff.

I imagine that these guys went to WDW looking for trouble and found it. The problem is that they didn't like how it turned out.
Yeah I have a DSLR but didn't pay that much for it. I really want to get some new lenses but the lenses themselves can be $100s if not more.

Fair enough, photography is definitely an area I know very little about.

My BILs are into photography. One of them a DSLR that was $4000 with lens. One of his secondary lenses was $1500. Now it's a medium format, but an untrained eye would never know the difference.

That was totally a set up to get clicks. 'Hey, Jay. Just go with it bro.' Isn't a normal reaction to watching security take your friend down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter