Who is Jaystation and what happened at Disney?

Who brings $2000 to the parks??? Total bull.

If these selfish punks disrupted my family’s entry to the park with this nonsense, I would be going angry Mama Bear on them.

The rules have changed a few times but at one point no lenses longer than 6” I think were allowed in the parks. I had to watch what I brought because 6” isn’t very hard to pass with professional gear. It was a dumb rule really, I don’t know what the point of that was other than not whacking someone else in the head with it, telephoto are heavy! They dropped that (officially in writing anyways)

This is the current (written anyways) rule:

Professional Photography and Recording Equipment

Professional photographers with professional cameras or recording equipment, who are visiting Walt Disney World Resort with the intent to take photographs or recordings of people, Walt Disney World Resort properties or icons for professional purposes must make prior arrangements with Walt Disney World Resort Media Relations.

I don’t know where the “professional purposes” line is as a vlogger doing things he knows are illegal doesn’t scream professionalism to me. :sad2: They should rephrase that to “commercial purposes”

I think he's just a dipstick looking for publicity. Urban explorers who trespass are such dirtbags. However, I should admit whenever we're at Fort Wilderness we stroll down past the old entrance to River Country and see if we can peek through the fences at the old park. Never have we ever gone behind the fences or past any point of the secured areas. Just try to see what we can spy from the walkways down by Mickey's BBQ. I think since our last adventure they've moved the fences up and blocked it though. :( I really love RC and wish they'd do something with the land.

I know absolutely nothing about Disney security, and I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but with that being said I do think there are security measures in place that you or I would never even think of.

I definitely agree with you, I'm sure there are security measures (especially undercover/plain clothes ones) in place that we have no idea about. Quite honestly, there would have to be, in order to keep a place like Disney safe in today's world.

I used to be a Cast Member. For a time, I was based in a backstage area that was adjacent to a highly sensitive area. I can confirm that there are lots of security measures that most guests and Cast Members do not see.

Is the security process at the ticket and transportation center any different than at the parks themselves? He states that he handed his bag to a security officer and then it disappears after he passes through the metal detector. My experience has always been that you open your bags up on the tables and then you proceed with your bags over to the metal detectors. I've never handed anything to a security guard and had it carried by said guard through the process. However, I have not been through the ticket and transportation security check points. It appears as though the bag is gone before he even gets to the metal detector.

I know many people who have brought well north of 2k worth of camera gear into the parks without incident. So his assumption that his situation was unique and they took advantage of it is simply false.

Additionally, he states that the video stops recording when he is tackled by the officers. Why does it not show up to that point on the youtube video he posted. What is being left out? Regardless of what happened to his bag, and he had every right to be upset if his account is true, He made the situation worse. He wasn't arrested for no reason. I think his video hurts his case. Looks like he was warned several times and kept stopping to berated the officers. Just like the police report stated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter