Who Is Ready For Some College Football 2019?

Wow! Even after losing to Memphis this past weekend Ole Miss still favored by 7.5 points over Arkansas. That game will likely determine biggest loser in SEC West this year.

LSU and Texas sounds interesting, but I only watch it to catch Coach Orgeron during his sweaty charismatic halftime going off field interview. Always entertaining.
720.2018_10_20_17_17_25.gif

I like to hear my kids translate it.

Last edited:
The limiting factor is that we remembered DW is having a minor knee surgery on Thursday. That made ~12 hours in the car plus chasing toddlers at an unfamiliar stadium for a game that starts just before their bedtime seem like a really bad idea.

The limiting factor is that we remembered DW is having a minor knee surgery on Thursday. That made ~12 hours in the car plus chasing toddlers at an unfamiliar stadium for a game that starts just before their bedtime seem like a really bad idea.

Gotcha.

Good luck to her.

LSU and Texas sounds interesting, but I only watch it to catch Coach Orgeron during his sweaty charismatic halftime going off field interview. Always entertaining.

I grew up in New Orleans and worked for about 10 years in Houma. I still can't understand half of what he says.

and, umm, go Horns! or Hook em, or whatever they say.

Well we are 2-0, but today was very ugly as was last week. If we don't start playing better gonna be a long season. GO Blue !!!

Dang! Dang! Dang!

No halftime interview with Coach Orgeron. >:(

Robbed me of my quality entertainment.

I did catch the Coach Saban Aflac commercial finally. Best thing I saw all day. Time for some real games to get going next week.

Couldn’t get anything going on offense and dropped 2 TD passes that could have made it interesting.

Much better than our showings against Oklahoma and Ohio State the last two years. Which I’m sure is a combination of we’re better than those 2 Tulane teams and Auburn isn’t as good as either of those teams.

This coming week, I'm going to be thoroughly entertained by the build-up to Saturday's LSU @ Texas game.

Well it definitely did NOT disappoint.

giphy.gif

Back when I was in sales, half my customers were off the I-10 corridor within 50 miles from NOLA to the TX line so when it's not a Bama-LSU thing, I'm fine with the Geaux Tigers winning.

Pluto, I was watching your game at the start. You had the lead there at the beginning. But Auburn struggled against you at times.\

rajak, sorry the Buffs gotcha.

The Bama game was so freakin' hot (and I was in the shade the whole time). Left after halftime and watched the rest at home.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I was just wondering if we needed to send out an APB for you.

PS: I took my kids to a volleyball game on Friday and there were upwards of 80 people there.

No APB needed, I know it's going to take a few years to improve. Here's to hoping! Now to the Volleyball, home matches on Sept 6 and 7, attendance 8450 and 8237, then last weekend they played in California and had 514 one night and 1682 on Sat. We play a match this Friday at 12 noon and I would expect at least 6000 will be there. We do love our Volleyball. Football will get there, I have seen some improvement from last year.

I just realized that we have both pulled for teams QB'd by Tanner Lee. so that's fun. or at least it was for his first game.

Anyone see the report from Oregon coach that the visitor locker room at Texas had no AC? Just was reading the article and AD says that they checked the AC in the visitor locker room and it was working, the AD never said that they actually had it turned on, LOL. Seems funny both visiting teams reported no AC on in the visitor locker room.

Bama Ed: If you ever hear the names Harvey Perlman, Steve Pederson, Shawn Eichorst, or Mike Riley being floated around the Alabama area, get everyone together and set up barbed wire fencing around the University so they can't get in.

Bama Ed: If you ever hear the names Harvey Perlman, Steve Pederson, Shawn Eichorst, or Mike Riley being floated around the Alabama area, get everyone together and set up barbed wire fencing around the University so they can't get in.

I know the Riley name, rajak. Just cuz Riley played at Bama back in the day don't make him immune from the consequences of his actions. Not a good coach - anywhere he's been. The rest of them, I don't know their names but I will trust your advice and pass that onto Coach Saban when I see him and Miss Terry at church this Sunday ("rajak sez .....").

Alabama plays at South Carolina in Columbia, SC tomorrow. Because SC is in the SEC East, we don't play the East teams very often as they rotate into the regular season schedule only to augment our annual home-home SEC West schedule. The last time we played the Gamecocks at their place was 2010 and I remember that game clearly. Bama had just won the Nattie against Texas in the Rose Bowl that January of 2010 (the 2009 season team). We went to SC and they put a whoopin' on us. The SC qb Steven Garcia had a career game against us - I don't think he's paid for a drink yet since in Columbia. Saban says, oddly enough, that 2010 team was his most talented team EVER but they were not prepared for SC (or USC east as we refer to them) on that Saturday.

In the above posts, I mentioned half my customer base was in Louisiana down along I-10 (Cajun country). But the other half was (for 5 years) in South Carolina. My SC customers were a very independent bunch, try hard not to need anyone like me outside their sphere. Nevertheless, they were forced to work with me.

One day, however, I was with them in Columbia (state capitol and home of the University of South Carolina - but not a big city) and we went to lunch at a fried chicken place down by the USCe stadium and that's where I saw my first Cockaboose.

5482da0a81da461f907a602882b4b4a7.jpg

A Cockaboose, you say? What is that?

I'm a train guy. Specifically, a steam locomotive guy. I love steam engines and have ridden many across the US (and a few more are on my bucket list). But in Columbia, SC on a railroad track very close to Brice-Williams Stadium, USCe fans years ago bought 22 old railroad cabooses and put them on an old railroad right of way next to the stadium in Columbia. And thus the Cockabooses were born.

I've highlighted where they are in relation to the stadium circled in red. Very close to the south edge but hard to see at this angle.

cockabooses aerial.PNG

They are the ultimate in close-in, one-of-a-kind tailgating experiences. Small inside (naturally) but a unique piece of USCe fandom. I bet if USCe had a Top 10 team, the Cockabooses would be worth millions each.

Lordy, I hope we win tomorrow (we should). At least then we could throw that monkey from the 2010 season off our backs.

Bama Ed

PS - Bama-USCe on CBS at 230pm Central. Then Georgia plays Notre Dame (return trip from last year's game) in the evening set also on CBS. Best games of the day - tune in if you can find the time.

Last edited:
Houston-Washington st has been entertaining through a half.

Tulane gets Houston next Thursday in New Orleans. The speed of their QB has looked crazy in the bits of 2 games I’ve seen.

So we were talking about our volleyball team earlier, here's a pic from last night VB against Denver, 8177, Also we played a 12 noon game and had 7907 there. Good luck to all today!!

20190913_195113.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter