Who Is Ready For Some College Football 2019?

PS - Bama-USCe on CBS at 230pm Central. Then Georgia plays Notre Dame (return trip from last year's game) in the evening set also on CBS. Best games of the day - tune in if you can find the time.

Ed, I do believe Georgia plays Notre Dame next week. Georgia plays Arkansas State today. Of note, Arkansas State's head coach lost his wife to breast cancer at the opening of the season. I see where Georgia fans are planning a "pink out" for the game in her honor and for breast cancer awareness. I think this deserves a hats off to them. Good call. :thumbsup2

You're right tiggerdad. ND plays the high powered New Mexico today. I guess I will have to settle for FL-KY tonight.

ED

You're right tiggerdad. ND plays the high powered New Mexico today. I guess I will have to settle for FL-KY tonight.

ED

6:24 left in 4th, it's a good one too!

These backup QBs are putting on good show.
Edit:

Another example of being calm and taking foot off the accelerator to settle for possible game winning FG instead of going for endzone lost the game. Still, best game of the day.

Last edited:
I don't know their names but I will trust your advice and pass that onto Coach Saban when I see him
Perlman was university president, didn't care at all about any athletics, he would just as soon shut them all down and tear down the stadium, only wanted it to be academic universtity, Pederson and Eichorst were athletic directors, one was brought into get rid of Solich, and the other to get rid of Pelini. Now we have Moos from out west, hope he has made the right coaching changes.

Another example of being calm and taking foot off the accelerator to settle for possible game winning FG instead of going for endzone lost the game. Still, best game of the day.
I agree @tiggerdad We have had several games over the years that we have played well in against quality opponents only to get into the 4th quarter and have both the offensive and defensive schemes change to reflect "playing not to lose" mentalities. Our defensive secondary is young and inexperienced, but even with the group we had last year, we love playing the "soft coverage". Give them the 5 to 15 yard outs but just don't get beat deep. 9 times out of 10, that gets you beat. Offensively that final drive, I agree, safe play calling as in don't put the ball in the air. Only 3 things can happen and 2 are bad. But hey, lets do something other than dive right / dive left.
With all that said, there were so many so called "fans" who started with the "well here we go, same old Kentucky football" It's not the same old Kentucky football. Our talent level has risen dramatically. Our guys are starting to believe in themselves and play with a chip on their shoulder. Coach Stoops has our program headed in the right direction.
I'm excited about the direction our program is headed. Fan in the good times as well as the bad or heartbreaking.

Steve

had several games over the years that we have played well in against quality opponents only to get into the 4th quarter and have both the offensive and defensive schemes change to reflect "playing not to lose" mentalities

I know where you are coming from, the couch coaches here had a heyday after the 2nd half letdown at Colorado. Everybody knew how he should have called the game. Our defense has been bad for years, starting to get back to gang tackle, closer coverage, I see the difference but some of the fan base thinks in the second year we should be competing for a National Championship. Have work to do on offense, getting the right people, etc. The process takes a little time. Some complained last week after a 44-8 win about we just weren't improving. Defense had a goal line stand from the 2, don't know what some fans want.

Headed to Title Town this weekend with the youngest DD to attend the Alabama vs. University of Southern Mississippi game. Will be meeting up with Ed. He's a gracious host (with killer close to the stadium parking!) 11AM kickoff, so likely a good sunburn opportunity upcoming.

Headed to Title Town this weekend with the youngest DD to attend the Alabama vs. University of Southern Mississippi game. Will be meeting up with Ed. He's a gracious host (with killer close to the stadium parking!) 11AM kickoff, so likely a good sunburn opportunity upcoming.

Getting ready for you tiggerdad! To help manage my little local stadium parking lot (the driveway and the one spot on the street I can usually grab), I have hired some extra help to handle the parking so I can focus on being the gracious host.

These guys told me they had experience...

giphy.gif

So that part is handled.

Also, ya'll, tiggerdad kept it on the down low this year but Southern Miss is his alma mater hence his interest in the game (actually, the school tries to keep that fact on the down low too :scratchin ).

Will add some more stuff in a later post. Another good line-up of games this weekend in the SEC.

Bama Ed

I like those guys. I hope they can handle my oversized truck.

Yep, originally from Tuscaloosa but got my bachelor's and master's degree from USM.

I can cheer for both!
source-2.gif

giphy-4.gif

My 4YO stuck it out with me for the whole game. She was not a fan of getting lifted in the air for the winning TD.

I wonder if Houston is having second thoughts about running off a coach that went 8-4 yet?

My 4YO stuck it out with me for the whole game. She was not a fan of getting lifted in the air for the winning TD.

I wonder if Houston is having second thoughts about running off a coach that went 8-4 yet?

You could have simply high-fived her, Pluto. :rotfl2:

I had a commitment last night but I watched the highlights this morning and what a game! My favorite is the fake kneel down play before the final touchdown pass. It got the ball out to mid-field and then poor tackling by Houston let the receiver score.

Here in Tuscaloosa there was some initial grumbling about our 11am kickoff time tomorrow. But in a way it works out because it will be over in time for the Auburn-aTm and UGA-ND doubleheader on CBS. We have some cooler temps here (lows in 60s and highs in 90s) so I might watch those two later games out on my front porch. I'm afraid, though, that I could annoy my neighbors because I am NOT a silent spectator.

Hope we can develop our running game a little bit more.

Bama Ed

Neither am I Ed. Neither am I. This is another reason I have a television in my shed.

And an AC unit in there too.

If I get too mad I break out the hammer and fix things... Once, before Coach Saban came to Alabama, I fixed an old chainsaw watching a losing effort against Mississippi State. Broke two hammers on that one.

Had a great time in T Town as usual. BamaEd was gracious host as always. Youngest DD went as well. It was hot, but near end of 2nd quarter we were in shade and it was just as Ed commented to me, very pleasant.

20190921_123639.jpg

20190921_105444.jpg

Tiggerdad, I would declare the day a success.

Bama won.

Weather was great (after the shade arrived).

And your DD asked for a second helping of pancakes this morning (WIN).

Texas A&M let us down but I am hopeful regarding Georgia who is playing as I type.

Bama Ed

PS - and UCF lost to Pitt of all teams. :sad2:

DW and I took time from our camping adventure to go visit the Harrisburg Comic con. Got to meet Kylo Ren, Stormtroopers, Wickett.

Upon returning, saw we got slaughtered today. Glad I was not here to watch, at least my blood pressure was not raised this way.

Upon returning, saw we got slaughtered today. Glad I was not here to watch, at least my blood pressure was not raised this way.

Chris,

Tiggerdad and I were monitoring the progress in the Mich-Wiscy game. Although very close in rankings, we followed the score going to 28-0 Wiscy in the 3rd qtr last I looked. When we got back to my house at the end of our own game, we watched a few minutes as that game concluded at 35-14. Then he loaded up in the truck and headed west into the sunset with DD.....

You should handle the Scarlet Knights next week.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Funny, we have a lot of big ten fans. I figured someone had to be happy about that win. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!