Who kept their reservations this summer?

Shavsmimi

Earning My Ears
Are you still looking forward to it?
What is worrying you the most?
Have a fantastic time!

I had a reservation for May 20-31 which I rescheduled for July 20 - August 5. I am intently watching to see what happens. I will cancel if the mask requirement is still in effect. My daughter and I could not take the heat with a mask on. I am also concerned with how Universal is planning on imposing the reduced capacity. I don't want to travel that far and not know if we will be let into the parks.

I'm sitting on June 16-18th with dirt cheap flights. Since everything only needs a few days to cancel, I plan to see how things are addressed the first few days and make a final decision then. Wish it was a week or 2 later for planning purposes and hopefully mask requirement elimination but can't change flights without 3x price increase.

We already have tickets which we would upgrade to APs anyways, which was the plan for our HHN trip and activating them early wouldn't impact other plans. So it would effectively be free admission.

Yeah, the mask thing is what made me cancel I can’t see myself having a vacation with a mask on...
I payed too much money for a half... experience lol

My reservation isn’t until end of September for HHN. We will be in Orlando in August to drop DD off for college, was planning on hitting the parks if open then, but not if still in “modified experiences”. We will just wait in that case :-)

Are you still looking forward to it?

Yes. Especially, after March/April trip was cancelled.

Have WDW booked for 2nd week of August for back to school trip with GD. Switched things around, cancelled DVC stay & booked room only thru WDW. Subbed out a short cruise with a stay @ U.

What is worrying you the most?

That they are opening just a bit too soon. Had hoped the parks would remain closed another month or so.

Last thing needed is another do-over of closures. While I really don’t want to go thru hoops cancelling another trip, I’m playing the long game here. My focus is early October for HHN

I don't want to travel that far and not know if we will be let into the parks.
Things still being fleshed out but i cannot imagine paying to stay onsite and not being granted access into the parks if they are operating.

it’s been suggested the Orlando parks may follow the practice of guests making daily reservations to enter, but would think APH holders would have some ‘edge’ as to making reservations in advance over off-site ticket holders.

🙋‍♀️ In fact, I added days to our Universal stay this week. The virus is a worry, of course, but we will be careful and it isn’t going away...in fact, I think late summer will be a short reprieve before it roars back in fall. I have faith that capacity and express pass details will be sorted long before we arrive.

We had a big high school graduation trip planned for my son/ Universal+Disney+cruise. The cruise was canceled, and it looks like Disney won't be open in time. But we had planned on arrivng June 4 and making our first park day Universal on June 5. We were so excited to learn that it would be open that day!

So even though the rest of our trip has been canceled, we are going!!!!!! I can't say no to this gift fate has dropped into our laps.

We are crossing our fingers that SeaWorld/Busch Gardens will be open the second week of June, so that we can go there instead.

The only thing that worries us is that the park opening might be delayed.

We have a trip for the 2nd week of July, beginning of October, and Thanksgiving week. I am concerned about July. We decided to drive and not fly for July. I can't bring myself to get in a tin can full of germs for hours right now. I like the rules put forth so far by Universal. I am a bit concerned after hearing Craig's Citywalk podcast about how people aren't necessarily wearing the masks and not socially distancing. I am also concerned that people are going to throw hissy fits about masks, reduced hours, and reduced capacity. I think the parks will quit requiring or not enforce masks and will resume normal hours and reduce the amount of cleaning done. I am also concerned that they will start allowing people to be crammed in. I don't want to show up and feel like I am walking shoulder to shoulder with people, sweaty bodies, and infected breath. I normally don't mind crowds. We typically love them, but my OCD is kicking in recently. I am also having concerns about the potential long term effects of the disease, ie strokes, blood clots, heart problems.

I have a trip planned July 8-11 that's still a go for us. We booked at CB because we were driving over for a concert in Orlando. Didn't figure we'd have too much park time so CB made sense, but IF the concert get's canceled I'm thinking of moving to RP just to be a little closer to the parks. But we do enjoy CB so..."developing". Also have October for HHN, and will plan a trip around Thanksgiving to see the Holiday decorations/parade which we have never seen.

43 days until my July trip.. can't wait!!

We are crossing our fingers that SeaWorld/Busch Gardens will be open the second week of June, so that we can go there instead.
I was wondering if they will be last open due to wanting to protect animals from exposure?
I think the parks will quit requiring or not enforce masks and will resume normal hours and reduce the amount of cleaning done. I am also concerned that they will start allowing people to be crammed in. I don't want to show up and feel like I am walking shoulder to shoulder with people, sweaty bodies, and infected breath. I normally don't mind crowds
You’d think I’d be a PR nightmare if they didn’t enforce masks etc
We booked at CB because we were driving over for a concert in Orlando.
Did u double ck re concert details? We are still
Awaiting word on Rolling Stones tour, our date 6/23. Many big concerts, even outdoor area ones have already been postponed

Did u double ck re concert details? We are still
Awaiting word on Rolling Stones tour, our date 6/23. Many big concerts, even outdoor area ones have already been postponed

We saw the Stones in New Orleans last July, great show. Hope you get to see them!!

This stadium tour of 80's rocker "hair bands" is supposed to make an announcement June 1st. Can't see them touring this year, postponing to next year is more likely. Joan Jett is one of the acts, and she is openly against touring this summer so guess we'll see..

We saw the Stones in New Orleans last July, great show. Hope you get to see them!!

This stadium tour of 80's rocker "hair bands" is supposed to make an announcement June 1st. Can't see them touring this year, postponing to next year is more likely. Joan Jett is one of the acts, and she is openly against touring this summer so guess we'll see..
We’ve seen nearly all the stones North American tours since the 90’s :), enjoyed many other summer shows. Figure there will be a lot of aging rockers tightening their belts lol

We have tix to this - Motley Crue, Poison, and Def Leppard. My 10-year old's Christmas gift and first concert. I so hope it happens!

I am not excited about masks at all, none of the other things bother me though. I hope the lower crowds+our express pass (if still honored) make up for the mask thing. Either way it is what me and the fam make of it.

Had reservations for June 6th for a week at Portofino. Well Portofino isn’t even going to be open now so I’m assuming we would have been moved to one of the other resorts IF I hadn’t canceled. We won’t be coming because we don’t want to deal with wearing masks. I also would be concerned about spending a high price on a deluxe resort and ending up not getting in. We are going to wait and see how things go. As soon as the mask requirement is lifted and guarantee admission for on site guests is offered we will rebook.

So, we lost our Disney trip today (July 5-17). Going to wait for next year and go for Premier Passes this year. We live in Indiana and always drive down. Planning on a July trip, then October, maybe the week after Christmas, Spring Break, and possibly early June to max out our pass. Universal first timers BTW!!!!

I’ve shored you my plans now that Disney isn’t going to be open Fourth of July week.

We will be staying onsite at Universal for 6 nights. We have annual passes and are upgrading them to the three park option so we can do volcano bay as well.

Right now we have a booking for a family suite at Cabana Bay and a king room at Royal Pacific. We are holding on to both until we know the rest of the information. How are expresses going to work? With the capacity do we need them? etc.

If express passes aren’t normal or they aren’t needed I’d love to just do the family suite at cabana bay and then get a cabana for two days at Volcano Bay.

Right now for Xmas we are doing a cruise out of Florida. Might add on Disney and Universal if things are more normal. If not we will keep our Vegas plans for New Years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter