Who might be planning to go “opening day?”

Still so shocked to see how Quick was treated. People can be so cruel. But I agree with your feelings on being nervous, if things don’t look better by our dates we would postpone.
We went out to eat in OC last weekend. Masks are still required, so we wore ours until our food arrived and wore them again when leaving the restaurant. There was a long line of people waiting to enter. No masks. No social distancing. And no effort to hide the snickers and fingers pointing at us and our masks. I guess that article explains why. So sad. I hope attitudes change before DLR reopens and that the people who are so angry are in the minority.

And no effort to hide the snickers and fingers pointing at us and our masks. I guess that article explains why. So sad. I hope attitudes change before DLR reopens and that the people who are so angry are in the minority.

Ugh, that’s horrible! It’s wild to see how attitudes vary regionally towards the masks. I don’t know why but it surprises me seeing that reaction in CA. I hope the anger dies down by opening.. if the response is that fiery I feel bad for the CMs that may have to deal with it!

Well, here’s a virtual high five for your mask wearing! It shows you care about others in my book. 💕

Biggest issue people are going to have is even logging on to the reservation system. Hopefully Disney will do something to prevent the snipers from coming in and grabbing all of the reservations and then reselling them.

This was not an issue when they instituted the reservation requirements for Star Wars Land. No one could "sell" those. These reservations will only be able to be made via the app with a ticket already assigned and linked.

This was not an issue when they instituted the reservation requirements for Star Wars Land. No one could "sell" those. These reservations will only be able to be made via the app with a ticket already assigned and linked.
That's definitely how I'm hoping to see it go--log into the app, already have ticket connected, wait in virtual line, and get reservation. I can't remember how long it took me to get SWGE reservations, but I'm willing to do it again!

We went out to eat in OC last weekend. Masks are still required, so we wore ours until our food arrived and wore them again when leaving the restaurant. There was a long line of people waiting to enter. No masks. No social distancing. And no effort to hide the snickers and fingers pointing at us and our masks. I guess that article explains why. So sad. I hope attitudes change before DLR reopens and that the people who are so angry are in the minority.

Where in OC was this? In my city (Irvine), almost EVERYONE wears a mask everywhere. We picked up some dinner from BJs last weekend and everyone waiting for tables outside had masks on. I haven't seen people's full faces around here since March.

It's crazy that there's so much disparity. :-/ Here (part of metro Phoenix area) I would say about 30% are wearing a mask in big stores like Wal-mart, Target, and other grocery stores, while almost all employees are in businesses I've been in. I haven't personally seen anyone giving anyone else grief for either wearing or not wearing a mask. There are only a few places requiring masks, like Costco and Living Spaces. There were a large handful of stores requiring them at the mall the other day, which makes more sense to me, since quarters are so tight in many of those stores.

My Mom and I went out to breakfast on Saturday to Corner Bakery in Irvine. Everyone coming in had on masks and really they were only off when people were eating. We had ours on and would anywhere that we went. So kudos from us that you were wearing them - we would be too. That makes me mad that people were making comments and not social distancing. Makes me plan to continue holding off on going out to eat.

As a matter of fact with masks, I had the opposite happen to me. I was shopping for fruit at Ralphs and raised my mask twice for maybe a second each time to sniff some melons to decide if they were ripe yet and this woman across the produce department started yelling at me that I can't do that and how unsafe it was. She was probably close to 20-30 feet away from me and everyone around me (and seriously no one within 6 feet) was standing there in shock and the produce guy was snickering at her. I apologized to the lady closest to me and then went on my way and the lady who was by me came over and said that the other woman was out of line and just scared right now and I did not need to apologize to her at all. I pointed her out later to a manager I am friends with and his response was "oh yeah her", so clearly they know her well.

We are thinking about going opening day since our anniversary trip was cancelled. But since we don’t have tickets yet will it even be possible?

Where in OC was this? In my city (Irvine), almost EVERYONE wears a mask everywhere. We picked up some dinner from BJs last weekend and everyone waiting for tables outside had masks on. I haven't seen people's full faces around here since March.
I've heard the local Disneyland vloggers (Adam the Woo & Freshbaked) talked of Orange ( sounds like a city vs county) and how no one there is wearing masks but where they live in or near Anaheim people were wearing masks when they went out. Sounds like it might depend on city.

I've heard the local Disneyland vloggers (Adam the Woo & Freshbaked) talked of Orange ( sounds like a city vs county) and how no one there is wearing masks but where they live in or near Anaheim people were wearing masks when they went out. Sounds like it might depend on city.

Yeah, Orange is also a city. One I don't personally visit very often. Our city passed a resolution requiring masks be worn by employees and patrons of all open businesses, way back in March.

Disneyland is a short flight from my house and I fly standby for free because my hubby works for the airlines. So, I plan on going as soon as I can get a ticket and a reservation just for the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!