Who might be planning to go “opening day?”

katyringo

DIS Veteran
For starters this post is not
•a place for speculation about what things will be like when the park opens.
•a place to bash others who might feel safe going before others feel safe. It’s all a very personal decision.

Who else is considering going to Disneyland the day it reopens? I am strongly considering if flying across the country is possible and I am able. Maybe we could start a thread for those who may be thinking about this? We may be postponing our whole big family trip a whole year just to let things settle. But hubby is really encouraging me to go alone. (Side note: he is a great hubby).

that being said, they only gave about a 5 days notice about shanghai opening.. so I dunno if it would even be possible to plan for it!

Who else is considering going to Disneyland the day it reopens? I am strongly considering if flying across the country is possible and I am able. Maybe we could start a thread for those who may be thinking about this? We may be postponing our whole big family trip a whole year just to let things settle. But hubby is really encouraging me to go alone. (Side note: he is a great hubby).

I'm with you! If I can make it happen with my work schedule, I want to be there when it reopens. I will need to fly there too but I just miss it so much. I would also likely be going by myself - glad we have great hubbies! I'm thinking I would try and stay at either Sheraton Park or the Fairfield. Just need to get some churro toffee, maybe a new t-shirt or two, and ride Guardians and Space Mountain a few times. Then life will be good. :)

I would love to but it depends on the conditions. Don't know if I could wear a mask while screaming on Space Mountain!

For us, it depends on when opening day is and what safety precautions are in place. We are local, so could definitely go! But if they open too soon, and require masks and there are massive restrictions, we’ll skip. The one thing that’s good about Disneyland being in California, is I truly believe that by the time they open, it will be as safe as it can be, because I don’t think the Governor will allow them to open too soon. So hoping we can go opening day mask free! We’ll see what happens!

For us, it depends on when opening day is and what safety precautions are in place. We are local, so could definitely go! But if they open too soon, and require masks and there are massive restrictions, we’ll skip. The one thing that’s good about Disneyland being in California, is I truly believe that by the time they open, it will be as safe as it can be, because I don’t think the Governor will allow them to open too soon. So hoping we can go opening day mask free! We’ll see what happens!
Agree with all this. I’d go opening day as long as we didn’t have to wear masks. Otherwise, I’d wait.

edited to add that I’d also only go if there was some kind of advanced reservation or no restrictions on crowd levels. Not interested in waking up at before the sun and trying to get there early enough to maybe secure entry.

Last edited:

Having to travel 2800 kms makes it pretty much a non starter for us lol. I also need to see what restrictions are going to be in place as we don't want to spend the money on a lesser experience. If I was local would probably be a different kettle of fish as they say. To all that go have a tiggerific time. :tigger:

Not necessarily opening day but will go as soon as they reopen. Prefer to work the kinks out for a day or two.

The mask thing does not bother me if it means getting open quicker. That is standard operating procure in my town already and no big deal IMO...especially of you find a decent mask.

I live 5 miles from the parks, so I COULD easily go opening day, but I'll likely wait a bit due to having auto immune conditions. I need to be sure I don't put myself in a situation that might cause problems. My 22 year old son has actually said a few times that we can't go back right away (he's more sensible than me!). But I'll get there eventually!

We've been talking about this for a while now and will absolutely try to make it on opening day. We'll wear face masks and whatever else that is needed (even if not required!). Once they announce the reopening date, we'll start the planning of purchasing airfare/hotel/tickets.

We were there for the Star Wars opening date, why not this one too? :lovestruc

I'd really want to be there for opening day but I don't think it'll be likely. Mainly because I anticipate being in Hong Kong when they announce the reopening. If the international quarantine restrictions are lifted by then and I anticipate some type of amazing once-in-a-lifetime grand reopening show, I may do it though. I just don't expect Disney announcing anything special for the grand reopening because they don't want tourists to rush to the parks for it.

Heck yeah! Assuming we can score a reservation, which I am 99% sure will be required.

Won't be there in person on opening day, but I sure am going to follow all of the live streams and blog posts that cover it. It will be unlike anything that has happened at Dland before, and I am very curious how park operations will be handled. What will the guest experience be?? So interesting...

Not me. I'm in the 'it's going to be a madhouse' camp and prefer not to take the chance of being in crowds so huge you can lift your feet and be carried along with the human tide. But I can't wait to see all of WonkaKid's pictures of it!!!

I'll be going as soon as the dust has settled and there's a real picture of what the crowds are going to be like.

I am definitely considering it depending on day of the week and what the admission requirements would entail.

If it opens July 1, we won't be there, but we already have flights reserved for July 2. So, maybe not opening day, but close to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!