• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who thinks it is worth it to pay for W&D post party?

juju

DIS Veteran
Husband always runs the half so has entrance, I don’t but went to party a few years ago. It was drizzly, the character lines were crazy long, I’m not a drinker and just didn’t seem like that great of an experience. Maybe it was just us, but I’d like to know if anyone else thinks it is worth it to pay the pricy admission. We have annual passes with plenty of reservations to Epcot that week.

I think it is worth it. I love Food & Wine so having the park open late with low crowds was totally worth it to me. I ran so had admission but my wife and three friends bought their tickets and all thought it as a great night. It rained which helped keep crowds down. We had our rain gear on and didn't miss a beat.

I love them. I always go. Of course they were much more fun when they were held in HS. They’re much more staid and uptight at EPCOT, but hey, some shorter lines, less crowds, and snacking opportunities.

I've run the W&D HM four times but have never gone. Our family has annual passes so it never has seemed worth it to spend the extra dollars for the rest of the family.

I understand it can be a lot of fun, and for non APs, if you don't buy park tickets on that day then financially you can come out ahead.

Unfortunately, I didn't even go to the after-party after the Half, but it was 2014 when the run was still at night, it had rained on us the whole run, we were cold and hurting.

But the after-party for 2013 TOT run was fun. My son and then-husband got there when it opened and had a grand time waiting for me. They rode the rides, had food, and so on. Then came to the meeting spot and found me and were my after-run support team LOL.

Unfortunately, I didn't even go to the after-party after the Half, but it was 2014 when the run was still at night, it had rained on us the whole run, we were cold and hurting.

But the after-party for 2013 TOT run was fun. My son and then-husband got there when it opened and had a grand time waiting for me. They rode the rides, had food, and so on. Then came to the meeting spot and found me and were my after-run support team LOL.
You might want to look at your sig. It probably has some personal info that I don't know that you want to share.

My only RD event ever was the 2019 W&D. That year the race was in the morning and the party was in the evening. The race used to be at night and the party literally happened as people finished. That certainly sounds cool. And it is more directly a celebration of the race. But I really appreciated being able to go back to my hotel room, shower, change, nap, eat, visit other parks, etc. before coming to the after party. Many people still wore their medals, costumes, swag clothing, etc. And it was very festive. I could be wrong, but think it was less crowded than the park was during the day. So I thought it was definitely worth it and will do it again next time I run the W&D (hopefully in 2022).

My only RD event ever was the 2019 W&D. That year the race was in the morning and the party was in the evening. The race used to be at night and the party literally happened as people finished. That certainly sounds cool. And it is more directly a celebration of the race. But I really appreciated being able to go back to my hotel room, shower, change, nap, eat, visit other parks, etc. before coming to the after party. Many people still wore their medals, costumes, swag clothing, etc. And it was very festive. I could be wrong, but think it was less crowded than the park was during the day. So I thought it was definitely worth it and will do it again next time I run the W&D (hopefully in 2022).

I've done both and having the race finish at night and go right to the party is definitely better, no doubt, but the current set up is still worth it in my opinion. I hope they find a way to move it to the night and if the weather in November is so unpredictable move it up to earlier during F&W or make the new spring race a night run with after party.

make the new spring race a night run with after party.
I wonder if that’s the plan, and that’s why park reservation availability for Hollywood Studios is full for everyone but APs already on April 3? I would think they’d need to hold back space for rD guests if they let them in before park close like they do for the W&D party

We go to the party every year. With our work schedule and rD obsession (for lack of better term), W&D is our annual Disney trip. Since I do the half, we only have to buy the ticket for DW. We love the party personally. Seeing everyone with their medals and celebrating their achievements is so much fun for us. So in our case it’s worth it.

I love attending the party after running the half, but I don't think it's worth paying for a ticket if you are visiting Epcot other days in your trip. For me, the party wouldn't offer enough unique things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter