Who wants to help?

jackskellingtonsgirl

DIS Veteran
I am completely worthless at computers, iron-on transfers, and everything else invloved in making custom shirts. BUT...

We MIGHT be going to WDW again in about 6 months. And if so, some friends MIGHT be coming with us. And if so, I would LOVE to have custom shirts. But I can't just sit here and wait for all the plans to firm up. So I want your input on shirt designs!

Our theme will be something along the lines of "The Family We Chose" or "Who Says You Can't Choose Your Family?" or "Yes, You CAN Choose Your Family!" some variation of that. If we go that route we will probably do white T's with the castle or the diamond shape with the 4 park logos on the front, names on the back.

OR I also thought about doing "Peace, Love, Equality, Disney" with the peace sign, a heart, the HRC equality symbol, and a Mickey head. Hmm. Really want to have "Family" in there but can't think of a symbol.

MAYBE what I would like is some text across the top (whatever the "theme" is) and the symbols underneath?

The one other thing I thought of was Pooh & Piglet like the Hallmark Ornament from 2004. It says "We'll be friends forever, won't we Pooh?" and Pooh replies "Even longer." I bought that ornament for our friends last year so they would understand the connection.

Our group would be me & DH (mid 30's), DS9, and some assortment of our friends in their mid-to-late 30's. There is a slim chance of another family our same age with their 2 DD's ages 6 & 2. Some of us are blood relatives, some are spouses, one of the little girls is adopted, 2 of the guys are life partners. The point is that we have chosen each other, no matter how we are all related.

So, all you uber-creative types, who wants to help me come up with a shirt? The winner will receive my eternal gratitude and full credit for the design if anyone in the parks asks who came up with it! :flower:

I have no thoughts but I just wanted to say what a touching idea.

I really hope we are able to coordinate all the schedules. People who have planned Grand Gatherings must be on the fast track to sainthood!

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
I really hope we are able to coordinate all the schedules. People who have planned Grand Gatherings must be on the fast track to sainthood!

Our trip in December is a Grand Gathering. Oh my sometimes trying to plan and keep everything and everyone straight and happy is hard!! :earseek: Good luck!! :goodvibes

care to share it? we're doing a friends/family trip in january and working w/kate on some designs as well...

I'm definitely not creative enough to design anything, but I love your ideas! I can't imagine planning a Grand Gathering--I plan enough for me & DH! :teeth: It sounds like it will be great, though! :)

I'd love to see it too! We are starting to get our friends more and more excited about Disney, and they are thinking of going with us to WDW in the next few months. I have some ideas for designs, but would love to see what J&NsMom did for you.

Thanks!

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!