Who wants to learn all you need to know about doing a triathlon?

We watched a little before bed. It was a good reminder that I didn't have to run for over 8 hours today. Really impressive stuff!!!!

1) Like, for real, how does the race really work from start to finish? I know this sounds stupid, but I really don't understand things much like the transition areas and how you manage your gear and shoes and stuff like that. So, just the most basic of primers.

Someone mentioned the logistics of transition before (I think it was @croach?), so I won't go into all of that.

I spent about three weeks in total practicing transitions as part of my brick workouts - I would refine what I would need (I started out with too much crap) or figure out things I would need (going minimalist never worked for me). For my first sprint tri, I just used my swim bag as my "transition bag" - it's a big net drawstring bag that's hot pink! I also used that as my towel to set everything up on in transition. You'll see some people use a bucket from Home Depot or a paint store to carry their gear - it gives them something to sit on in transition, which is nice if you don't want to sit on the ground.

At BASE LEVEL, all you need to do a sprint triathlon is:
Swimsuit
Goggles
Bike
Helmet
Water Bottle
Running Shoes

I like to swim with a swimcap, but at both of my tri's there have been plenty of women and men that don't (women will swim in braids, men are usually bald/shaved head).

As far as other gear goes - I chose to buy my own swim gear (kickboard, fins, STUPIDIHATEYOUSOMUCH pull buoy and paddles), and I'm very happy I did. When I started doing 4xweekly swim workouts, it was nice to have my own stuff - especially at group swim workouts when I was the last person to show up (because I don't get up early for anything). It also made it nice to have my own gear to do swim workouts on my own!

I also bought an open-water buoy that can hold my phone and keys and keep them dry when I do a lake swim by myself. I've used it twice, and at $24 on Amazon, I feel like it's been worth it.

I also bought a tri suit, which I'm glad I did. I do not own a wetsuit, but I'm probably going to get one of those for Christmas because I'll need a wetsuit for my relay in May and for 70.3 next Fall.

2) What did you do for your first tri? How'd it go?

I chronicled my first training cycle to get to a tri on my (since abandoned) Training Journal here on DIS.

Including a four-part breakdown of my First Sprint Tri.

3) Like what do you wear? A trisuit? Swimsuit and then bike shorts? Pros/Cons to various options? I know like cycling shoes, helmet, running shoes, a bike obviously are necessary, but what other equipment should you have?

I wear a trisuit! I bought a cheapie one off Amazon (it's a RunBreeze ... and man, it's tight like Spanx once it gets zipped up, but it held my boobs in place better than a normal sports bra. I was VERY pleased with it! I'm looking forward to upgrading to one at the Pearl Izumi outlet once I get to Orlando.

I also have various cycling jerseys (short sleeve and sleeveless) because I like the pockets in the back. Most have been handed down from friends when I was trying out what worked for me, so that's a bonus.

I mentioned swim gear for training up above, but I'd definitely say a watch that can handle swim laps and cycling would be beneficial. I had the Garmin Vivoactive for my two tris and it was great - except it couldn't handle open-water swimming unless I put the watch in my swim cap so the GPS could always connect ... which means it's moot for a solo open-water training swim. The Vivoactive worked GREAT for cycling - especially after @FFigawi gifted me a set of speed and cadence sensors for my bike. They're tiny little things, but they make a HUGE difference when you're training and want to track progress milestones on a bike without investing in a bike computer.

Also, time for some #BikeTalk.

I trained and did two sprint triathlons with my hybrid. DO NOT LET ANYONE bike-shame you. You do not need a fancy road bike to train for and complete a sprint triathlon. You do not need to be awesome at cycling to train for and complete a sprint triathlon. You just need to have a bike and be able to ride it. You do not need cycling shoes or to clip in if you don't think this is going to become something you do all the time and want to elevate participation in. I bought a pair of snap-in cages for my flat pedals on my hybrid and used those to help spin out my legs on my bike and I was FINE.

One of my best guy friends is a master cyclist, but a TERRIBLE triathlete ... to the point that he won't do one again. The bike portion, especially in a sprint, is to warm your legs up and get loose as well as hydrate and fuel for a GREAT run. My runs always take me 2-3 miles to settle in and get a good pace, but I found that coming off the bike that my legs were loose (almost TOO loose sometimes!) and ready to run and just carry the cadence of the bike leg over into the run. My feet turned over much faster and any of the usual malaise I get early on during a run, I'd already experienced during the bike!

Bike-Shaming is the worst - you don't see in much in the triathlon world, but it's there ... and anyone who tells you that you have to be good at cycling to be successful at triathlons is DEAD WRONG. Look at the Kona winner - a sub-3:00 marathon and he wasn't even top of the group in the bike. Most triathletes were either swimmers or runners, and the elites were both.

4) What was your weak link (swim, bike, run - I assume for most of us here run is our strongest suit)? How did you improve? How often do you do each activity during training?

Before I started training, I thought it would be:
1. Bike
2. Run
3. Swim

After training, it ended up being:
1. Swim
2. Run
3. Bike

I did probably train the most at swimming, but I also ended up liking the swim workouts the most as it took pressure off my joints and was something different. I mean, and it also usually ended with #HotTubTime because C'MON! WHO DOESN'T LOVE A HOT TUB??

I have weekly breakouts of my training on my training journal, so I won't post those here ... but I generally worked out 5-6 six days a week and did each discipline at least twice (I added in more swim on my own, because again, I liked it; and I added in extra timed runs as well on days when I would swim). Bricks are IMPORTANT.

5) I did find a local multisport club that might be smart to join. Their website says they are very beginner friendly. Did you join a club or get a coach?

To start out, I got a coach that was part of a paid training group. I REALLY appreciated the weekly training plans (they went into Training Peaks, a program that syncs with Garmin), as well as group workouts (I would do group swim and group ride, but not group run).

Unfortunately, even though the capacity was there I never truly got feedback from my coach on how I was doing on the training plan (including paces, etc.) - just that it was good I finished a week of workouts. So, there wasn't so much "coaching" as there was "schedule making" on her part. After Week 2 of group swim, I was already lapping everyone in our training group so I got put into the lanes with what I dubbed the "career" triathletes - they weren't training for a specific race, they just train season-round. By the time I did my March triathlon, I was swimming in the fastest female lane and was able to swim 300-meters in sub 5:00.

This go-round, I've joined a club and I've already found it more supportive and beneficial. I haven't really started training for next year per se ... I'm waiting to finish Dopey in January and Little Rock in March, and then I'll say good-bye to that "run only" life for a while and go back into multi-sport training and workouts.

I will say this - I only got better and more comfortable with swimming once I started doing group swims. If your sprint tri is in a pool, it's going to be a s#!+show (to say the least), so you want to know what it's going to feel like when 50-60 people are swimming in a pool at the same time. If your swim is open water, it will be a battle of wills and you WILL get kicked in the face, clawed over, have your ankles grabbed, etc. Best to know how to handle it before race day, and also how to reorientate yourself IF/WHEN it does happen.

sooooooo, how critical is that swim part of the tri? Like, can you use floaties if you don't know how to swim?? :rolleyes:

GOD I SO WISH.

We have a triathlon here in the summer (a sprint) that's in a tight, four-foot deep 50-yard lap pool. Most people walk the swim.

Okay so I'm a triathlon newbie since I've only done one but I can answer some of these.

1) Like, for real, how does the race really work from start to finish? I know this sounds stupid, but I really don't understand things much like the transition areas and how you manage your gear and shoes and stuff like that. So, just the most basic of primers.
Okay so doing a tri consists of waking up at early o'clock. Going to the race. Setting up your stuff on a towel or mat directly below the spot your bike is racked. Not spreading out too much because there are people next to you doing the same and then racing. So for me, I have a transition bag which is also my swim bag. For race day I stick my lycra swim caps in, my goggles, a shirt, a towel, my quick dry cloth, my sneakers, my helmet, my sunglasses, water bottle for my bike, my fuel, bodyglide, socks, and a headband. You probably won't need all of these things that's just the gear I use. I'll explain the purpose in part 3.

They serve the following purposes:
  1. Lycra Swim Caps (2) - One I actually intend to use and a backup in case the one I want to use breaks or unexpectedly dry rotted after the last time I used it. This is something most people probably don't use. I get headaches from latex swim caps and both latex and silicone pull my hair which used to drive me crazy growing up on swim team. I got in the habit of putting on a lycra cap under my cap during swim meets and have continued the habit with the cap I get with my number during a triathlon (which serves as the equivalent of a bib for the swim portion)
  2. Goggles (2) - I bring two pairs because you never know when a strap my break
  3. A Shirt (1) - I have a shirt that I pull on for the run (and sometimes the bike) portion. On race day it has my bib on it (required for the run). The alternative is one of those race belts that you can pin the bib to. I haven't tried one or invested in one yet so a shirt works fine.
  4. The towel (1) - is both what I set down my stuff on and what I may de-grass my feet on if I have to run through the grass to get to the transition area post swim
  5. Quick Dry Cloth (1) - Faster drying than a towel. Mine is made by speedo.
  6. Sneakers (1 pair) - I use these on both the run and the bike because I'm not great at biking and can't use clip-ins. Clip-ins are shoes that clip you to the bike pedal so you don't lose your footing on the bike. If you can't pull out of the clip correctly though you will crash so there's a learning curve that I doubt I would ever bother to master.
  7. Helmet (1) - Must be worn both out of and into transition when leaving for and coming back from the bike leg. It must also be worn on the bike. Safety first. (P.S. To no one's surprise mine is purple)
  8. Sunglasses (1) - Sun in your eyes sucks
  9. Water Bottle (1) - I use an insulated water bottle that stays cool that goes into the water bottle holder on my bike. I am not adept at pulling it out while riding.
  10. Fuel (1) - Your running fuel is probably good for short distances
  11. Body Glide (1) - Chafing sucks
  12. Socks (1 pair) - Please wear with shoes
  13. Headband (1) - I wear one to keep hair out of my eyes when I run.
  14. Bike (1) - I also bring my bike. It does not fit in my bag.
Really though if you don't want to invest much in triathlon you just need the following: Goggles, a bike, socks/sneakers, a bathing suit, something to clip your race bib to. They will give you a swim cap at the race and while some swim suits are better than others (one pieces with no skirt or extra fabric are best for racing generally) any can be used.

There are a lot of other things that are useful going into a tri. For example I have a bike repair kit in a pouch that doesn't leave my bike. It will help me do minor repairs and fix flats if I have an emergency on the road.

Also having some knowledge of the do's and don'ts like etiquette on passing someone on a bike seems like good knowledge to have. I feel like someone else on here could explain it better because I still struggle with it somewhat.

Also triathlon distances are good to know so you don't sign up for a distance you aren't prepared for.
  • Sprint - Officially a sprint is 750m swim (0.465 mi), 20km bike (12 mi), 5k run
    • Depending on where you live this may be changed to fit the course. I've seen anywhere from 400m-800m swim, 10mi-12mi bike, and 4k-5k run
  • Olympic - 1500m swim (0.93 mi) , 40km (24 mi) bike, 10k run
  • Half Ironman (Also called Ironman 70.3) - 1.2mi swim, 56mi bike, half marathon run
  • Ironman - 2.4mi swim, 112 mi bike, marathon
Also weight classes are much more common in triathlons than in runs. Athena and Clydesdale are classes that are solely on weight (not age at least that I've seen) and have their own awards.

Mine was a sprint (0.4 mi Swim / 13 mi Bike / 4k Trail Run) and it went pretty well. I was towards top of my group during the swim, the bottom during the bike, and in the middle for the run. I felt like death on my bike because that's my weakest link and I went out too fast but I felt great on the swim and the run.

3) Like what do you wear? A trisuit? Swimsuit and then bike shorts? Pros/Cons to various options? I know like cycling shoes, helmet, running shoes, a bike obviously are necessary, but what other equipment should you have?
I won a tri-suit at an event. I have worn that both for a mock-tri and my actual tri. I just want to say it was physically painful post bike ride because something in the padding chafes during the run. I need to reconsider a swimsuit and shorts for my next tri. I went into detail on my personal equipment above. For training I also have silicone caps I wear and one piece racing suits. When I train in an indoor pool chlorine will eat them up way faster than outdoors. I'm also very comfortable swimming so I would not wear a wetsuit unless it was too cold to swim otherwise but many people like the buoyancy they provide.

4) What was your weak link (swim, bike, run - I assume for most of us here run is our strongest suit)? How did you improve? How often do you do each activity during training?
The bike. I couldn't turn around in an empty street or have my seat at a proper fit (my feet needed to touch the ground for me to feet safe) I practiced and raised my seat regularly as I got comfortable. I can't ride competitively but I don't feel like I'm going to crash my bike every time I get on.

Swim is the weakness for a lot of people who didn't swim growing up. There are two parts to the swim, learning the technique for the strokes is one thing and having the endurance is another. A lot of people once they learn the strokes still struggle with the swim until they get the endurance to keep going without walls or kayaks, etc. That just takes practice.

If you're on this board you probably know what running is like.

5) I did find a local multisport club that might be smart to join. Their website says they are very beginner friendly. Did you join a club or get a coach?
There are a lot of tri-clubs in my area. They provided me with a mentor to help me with bike and transition questions and even hosted a mock-tri. They also had the option of lake swims which are great for those who only swim in the pool since there aren't walls and you can't see the bottom. I would think a good coach would be able to fulfill the mentor roll, give you brick workouts that would prepare you for transition, and know of places you could practice open water swimming though.

Bike-Shaming is the worst - you don't see in much in the triathlon world, but it's there ... and anyone who tells you that you have to be good at cycling to be successful at triathlons is DEAD WRONG. Look at the Kona winner - a sub-3:00 marathon and he wasn't even top of the group in the bike. Most triathletes were either swimmers or runners, and the elites were both.

Obviously I'm championing a point, at this point. But I guess it depends on how you define "successful". Yes, if you're going to be the god of running then you can overcome a slightly weaker bike (but not a weak bike). But if you're going to be just an average demi-god of running then you better be at least a demi-god on the bike too. To turn your argument around--just look at the Kona winner (on the female side). Daniela Ryf had a fantastic bike leg AND a fantastic run. Her swimming was "weaker" but she trashed the better swimmers with no problem. If you go through the age groups, you will also see that many of the winners had excellent bike legs. Again, it is the longest leg (more than 50% of the race for just about everyone). It benefits to have your strength in the longest leg. You have to be very, very good at all of them to be successful, no doubt. But if you have to be very, very good in two and great in one, you need to choose the bike.

Now to quickly go to "beginner" end of the triathlon spectrum, the most important leg is the swimming leg. Most people can run and ride a bike. Swimming is a skill that not everyone possesses. If you cannot swim, you cannot compete in a triathlon. Period. But if you're trying to WIN, then the swimming is the least important part.

I don't know about bike shaming but I do know that equipment matters more on the bike leg than the other two legs. That's why $10,000 tri bikes exist. If they didn't give an advantage over the $5,000 bikes, no one would buy them. Again, I personally ride a $900 aluminum frame bike so I'm not looking down at many people. But I will definitely have and advantage over the folks on mountain bikes and no gear Schwinns. To think otherwise is ludicrous.

I should also start learning about triathlons by first spelling them correctly, since I spelled it wrong in my thread title which I will now correct! :oops:

Also, thank you to everyone chiming in so far. So much good information that in part makes me excited and in part scares me to death!!

Also having some knowledge of the do's and don'ts like etiquette on passing someone on a bike seems like good knowledge to have. I feel like someone else on here could explain it better because I still struggle with it somewhat.

It's more than etiquette, passing is a large part of the rules. You need to remain a certain distance behind the bike in front of you or you risk being penalized for drafting. When passing, you need to make your pass in one go. The person being passed has the responsibility to fall back to the appropriate distance once you get your front wheel ahead of theirs. They can pass you back only after they reach the minimum distance zone.

What does this mean in practice? Not all that much, really. Most people passing are traveling fast enough to get by you quickly without you having to slow pedal or coast to fall back. If you are going to pass someone, do it at speed so you don't force them to slow down and get out of their rhythm. It also helps to say "on your left" as you approach to give them warning you're coming by.

It's more than etiquette, passing is a large part of the rules. You need to remain a certain distance behind the bike in front of you or you risk being penalized for drafting. When passing, you need to make your pass in one go. The person being passed has the responsibility to fall back to the appropriate distance once you get your front wheel ahead of theirs. They can pass you back only after they reach the minimum distance zone.

What does this mean in practice? Not all that much, really. Most people passing are traveling fast enough to get by you quickly without you having to slow pedal or coast to fall back. If you are going to pass someone, do it at speed so you don't force them to slow down and get out of their rhythm. It also helps to say "on your left" as you approach to give them warning you're coming by.

As someone likely to be the passee (passie??) rather than the passer, this is helpful to know!

Yes. Perhaps etiquette was the wrong word for it. I know USAT rules and Ironman rules are slightly different on what the appropriate distance is. I will agree that in most cases I've encountered (especially given I'm slow on the bike) the other person is going fast enough that it doesn't matter.

And yes, as someone who hears on your left a lot I do appreciate it. While having someone on my left isn't going to pose a problem 98% of the time knowing to expect someone there is nice. My biggest question is do I acknowledge that they are on my left? I usually go "Yep" because that's the default short answer that comes out of my mouth but "Thanks" would probably be more appropriate.

Yes. Perhaps etiquette was the wrong word for it. I know USAT rules and Ironman rules are slightly different on what the appropriate distance is. I will agree that in most cases I've encountered (especially given I'm slow on the bike) the other person is going fast enough that it doesn't matter.

And yes, as someone who hears on your left a lot I do appreciate it. While having someone on my left isn't going to pose a problem 98% of the time knowing to expect someone there is nice. My biggest question is do I acknowledge that they are on my left? I usually go "Yep" because that's the default short answer that comes out of my mouth but "Thanks" would probably be more appropriate.

My July tri, they were REAL sticklers about this! There was a judge going around on a motorcycle watching passing ... they even warned my two friends who were riding side-by-side that they needed to keep distance apart from each other (I mean, they were riding cruiser bikes with baskets, so ...). I wanna say that rule was 5 seconds to pass or 50 feet buffer between you and another rider.

I usually say "Thanks" or "Sorry" (yeah, I dunno) when people pass me.

My biggest question is do I acknowledge that they are on my left? I usually go "Yep" because that's the default short answer that comes out of my mouth but "Thanks" would probably be more appropriate.

"Thanks" is the better response. Polite, simple, and let's them know you heard them. :)

As far as other gear goes - I chose to buy my own swim gear (kickboard, fins, STUPIDIHATEYOUSOMUCH pull buoy and paddles), and I'm very happy I did.

I was the same way. I swam up until high school and started back up again 4 years ago and was the same way - loved kickboard and fins, hated hated hated pull buoy and paddles. Then this summer all the sudden fell in love with them. I think it was b/c I hadn't been doing any weights/lifting for my upper body so after swim workouts I could feel my muscles burning in my shoulders and triceps, but we're on good terms now. :rotfl2:

My July tri, they were REAL sticklers about this! There was a judge going around on a motorcycle watching passing ... they even warned my two friends who were riding side-by-side that they needed to keep distance apart from each other (I mean, they were riding cruiser bikes with baskets, so ...). I wanna say that rule was 5 seconds to pass or 50 feet buffer between you and another rider.

I usually say "Thanks" or "Sorry" (yeah, I dunno) when people pass me.
I mean, that's my ideal kind of bike and it's a shame that they don't go faster. The basket is perfect for storing water or rocket boosters or whatever.

"Thanks" is the better response. Polite, simple, and let's them know you heard them. :)
That's what I figured. It just doesn't come out of my mouth when I'm cursing my decision to ride a bike.

I was the same way. I swam up until high school and started back up again 4 years ago and was the same way - loved kickboard and fins, hated hated hated pull buoy and paddles. Then this summer all the sudden fell in love with them. I think it was b/c I hadn't been doing any weights/lifting for my upper body so after swim workouts I could feel my muscles burning in my shoulders and triceps, but we're on good terms now. :rotfl2:
Also, with regards to swimming I grew up on kickboard and nothing else so I will admit to having nothing with regards to fins, pull buoys, and paddles. I'm sure they're helpful but I'm such a minimalist when it comes to swimming. That and I feel like I have other places (read: Bike) that I need to improve so I just don't put a ton of effort into improving my swim right now.

Great thread! While I have no intentions of switching to triathlons, I'm eyeing a sprint in my hometown next August and I'm trying to research as much as possible even.

@ZellyB!! I'm so excited that you're considering this, and wanted to wait until I had time to answer all the questions! I've done all sprint triathlons and one olympic distance so far. I like the idea of longer distances, but probably not in the near future.

D) if you know what way to rack your bike, and then the next person does it wrong and tells you it's right, if you then fix it, you will eventually be told by someone else that you did it wrong when you know you originally did it right and that will make you mad.

Ha! This is SO true! I'd like the roxys at my next tri so that we can all laugh at this instead of getting mad - because I was SO irritated when this happened to me!

OK, as for the questions:

1) Like, for real, how does the race really work from start to finish?

Packet Pick Up. Depends. For IronGirl events, you have to pick up your packet AND rack your bike the day before. I actually like this because I can look at the course, get my bike racked, know where my spot will be, etc. in advance. At the Lighthouse Events tri I did, I picked up my packet and racked my bike the morning of the race.

Pre-Race Transition Set Up! So the morning of the race, they let you into the transition area to set up. Before going into transition, they "mark" you. Usually it's a volunteer with a marker writing at least your race number on your arm and leg, and sometimes they add your age to your leg. I actually like the age, because I'm especially impressed when I see a leg with a 65 or a 70 on it! Also, when someone with a "20" on his/her leg passes me, I don't feel so bad. For the longer distances and/or more competitive races, they give you cool number tattoos - I think @CheapRunnerMike has examples of these in his triathlon photos. So then you take your bag-o-stuff (or bucket, or crate, or whatever) into the transition area and set it up next to your bike. Again, everyone seems to do this differently and there is a huge range in both the set-up and the amount of stuff. I really, truly love setting up transition. Organizing is so much fun. I won't bore you with the details of my transition glee, but I spend a lot of time there setting up my stuff, mentally walking through the order of things, double checking my lists and yes, straightening each item. My husband is usually on the other side of the fence watching all this and he thinks it's funny and irritating at the same time. :) Others have posted tri packing lists, but mine is relatively minimal.

Swim. Then you gather in a big pack near the swim, usually wearing your race-issued swim cap and watching serious people do warm-up type stuff in the water. I either walk barefoot to the swim area or hand off my flip flops to my husband at the last minute. For the tris I've done, we start the swim in either waves by age (oldest first) or self-seeded groups of 2-3 swimmers at a time. You swim! You hope your goggles don't fog (mine have) and you use all your strategies to remain zen in open water. At the end, you get out of the swim area, confirm that your legs are still functioning and then run to the transition area. These are the most entertaining race photos - I look like a very happy wet rat in all of mine.

T1/Bike. In T1 (transition 1) I ditch the goggles and the cap (I take them off while running from the swim exit to transition) and pull on my hairband, bike helmet and shoes. That's it for me - no other stuff. I already have gatorade on my bike and I don't fuel any more than that for a sprint (I took a bite of a bar for the olympic distance.) And then you're off on the bike! Whee!

T2/Run. In T2, I ditch the helmet and put on my race belt. I learned that, if I need a bathroom stop, it happens during T2 and NOT on the run course because really the only time I care about that much is the run. So I'd rather add that time to T2.

And then you run! I really do love this part, because runners are likely to have legs that still function at this point and the @DopeyBadger "pacman" thing happens.

You cross the finish and you feel great!

IronGirl Pleasant Prairie, which I continue to recommend with great enthusiasm! It was - and still is - awesome. The water is super clean and it's a beach-to-beach swim, so you just swim straight ahead with no turns. The race info is so thorough and detailed that there is so little to worry about. It's a women-only event and every single person I've encountered is positive and supportive. Lots of "sorrys" in the water if someone kicks me (which is rare.) Fun conversations on the bike - especially when we're doing the uphills! The run includes an out-and-back with lots of women cheering each other on. And the swag is usually cute.

At first, I wore short spandex running shorts that I knew I could swim in (I tested them) and a swim top over a sports bra for the swim. Then I added a tank for the bike and run. When I found Betty Designs, I was sold on the tri suit. I bought a two-piece tri suit and wear it with a sports bra. It was a great investment - saves time in transition, so well-made, dries faster and I feel like I have the right outfit for the event! I've used a race belt for my bib, and I'm still not certain I'll continue with that. It slides around on my waist and that bugs me, but it is really easy for transition - no pins, just clip and go. I did get a basic road bike - Trek Lexa - which I absolutely adore. I wish I could spend more time on that bike.

I guess the swim time is probably my worst, although I really do enjoy the swim when the water is clean and my goggles aren't fogging. I'm not a particularly fast biker either (I'm trying not to break going down hills - still afraid of speed, which I guess isn't the best for racing!) But even though it might be a weakness in terms of time, I really love it. My training for the swim and bike are minimal, but I'm not super serious about time improvement.

Nope! But again, my IronGirl and Lighthouse Event experiences have been very positive and very beginner-friendly, so I didn't feel like I'd need more to navigate those events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter