Who was /is a real big star

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
And you never really knew why ?

(for the sake of this thread, you cant name a reality star, none of us know why they are famous)

Frank Sinatra I never really figured out what the magic was

TV
Dr. Phil. I get the why because he played a huge role in helping Oprah win her case. I just don't get the Why still?
Megyn Kelly

Movies
Tom Cruise
Jennifer Lawrence

Music
Justin Bieber
Female strippers turned singers. There's just too many to name here.

No idea where to start, but Andy Cohen? Chelsea Handler? I know more about the names than I do actual people. However if we're including Springsteen, Sinatra, and Clooney I have no idea what this thread is about. Those are three mega talents whether you enjoy them or not.

Aw, I've always loved Frank Sinatra's music!

For me, it would be Taylor Swift. :crazy2:

I'm shocked even thought Mariah Carey a ding bat and is annoying as heck, I think she can she singlike crazy.

No idea where to start, but Andy Cohen? Chelsea Handler? I know more about the names than I do actual people. However if we're including Springsteen, Sinatra, and Clooney I have no idea what this thread is about. Those are three mega talents whether you enjoy them or not.

Id love to hang with both of those 2, but I'm so with you on some of these entries. There are a ton of very talented people listed that while I don't enjoy them, I certainly understand why they are well known.

And you never really knew why ?

(for the sake of this thread, you cant name a reality star, none of us know why they are famous)

Frank Sinatra I never really figured out what the magic was

Almost everyone these days featured in People Magazine.

Sinatra? Dude, his VOICE was the magic.

Every wonder why Tom Arnold is such a frequent guest on the L.A. based talk shows? Means a previously scheduled guest canceled at the last minute. He apparently has a deal that he will drop everything and be there on an hour's notice.

Sorry, gotta disagree about Sinatra. Tremendously talented singer and not a bad actor either. Never realized until a documentary marking his 100th birthday just how much he had put into developing his singing. He took serious vocal lessons for decades.

Will Ferrell and Taylor Swift are two whose magic escapes me.

Oprah Winfrey
Beyonce Knowles
Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lawrence
Michael Jackson
Mariah Carey
Meryl Streep
Alec Baldwin
Madonna

I briefly considered listing Michael Jackson. He really only has about 5 or 6 good songs, and most of the rest are just repetitive drivel. That said, he was a tremendous performer & showman. Edit: Meryl Streep is another I don't really care for. Outside of Silkwood, I've pretty much hated every character of hers I've seen. But again, I think she's a real talent despite that.

I think most of the people listed here are amazing talented. Sinatra? Michael Jackson?
Love Sarah Jessica Parker.

Guess I don't really get the thread. I mean I get that Roseanne and Will Ferrell aren't everyone's cup of tea but I certainly get why they are famous.

And Oprah? Really? Even if you don't like her interview style and the flashy later year shows she was a star reporter in her early days that really broke glass ceilings coming from a very challenging background. I think she deserves a huge amount of respect. Really a true grass roots cinder to princess tale. Very hard worker who succeed on her own despite many handicaps against her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter