WHO YA GONNA CALL" 29 NIGHTS OF GHOSTBUSTERS, MONSTERS & MORE - A 2019 HHN/SFR/RPR TR

Another report!!! So exciting! All the birthdays and your anniversary - sounds like it will be a wonderful month to celebrate all of those things. Following along for my daily dose of Carole and Tom! We are FINALLY heading to Strong Water for our anniversary when we visit this week. Looking forward to trying some of the delightful food you have showcased in your reports.

Another report!!! So exciting! All the birthdays and your anniversary - sounds like it will be a wonderful month to celebrate all of those things. Following along for my daily dose of Carole and Tom! We are FINALLY heading to Strong Water for our anniversary when we visit this week. Looking forward to trying some of the delightful food you have showcased in your reports.

:welcome: Jocelyn...….I hoped you`d be along...…..:flower3:

Yep, we`re up and running for this one too...….and yes, one or two celebrations......

YAY!!!!! It`s this week you go!!!!! Where has the time gone......I can`t wait to hear all about it......I hope you have an absolute blast for your anniversary too......such a beautiful place to celebrate it!!!

I`m so looking forward to hearing all about it, and yes.....plenty of food there to enjoy......

Hurry back......although have a wonderful time while you`re there and so glad you made it here before you left :wave2:

Those lobster rolls are lovely.....plenty of lobster in them......that always helps!!!

Yes, poor service was one of the reasons we stopped going to Mythos.....whereas in CG we have always had good service and the food is always lovely......we like that menu better than Mythos.

And out last cocktail in Mythos tasted so watered down it was criminal!!! But, I`m glad you enjoy CG too...…. :thumbsup2
We had the best service in Mythos and we were lucky enough to request and get the same server a few days later. I really planned on trying another in-park sit down but really the service just blew us away at Mythos. Guess everywhere is hit or miss. I think on the next trip, we will stop by and see if Mike is working that day at Mythos and maybe try CG if he is not.

My family and I tried Confisco Grill for the first time on Saturday, based entirely off of Carole's advice, and we all LOVED it. It has replaced Mythos as our go-to park restaurant. The menu at Mythos needs an overhaul, in my humble opinion, while CG had me smacking my lips over everything on the menu. My teenagers were super excited over the menu, as well, truly looked forward to their meal, and everyone really enjoyed their orders. My husband asked, why have we never come here before? I just smiled and said, "It often gets overlooked due to location."

I keep my Shumigirl insider knowledge ace card to myself!

I pushed a couple times to eat meals at the hotel (RPR), but the fam was always in a hurry to get to the parks. We did eat at the Citywalk Fusion Sushi, and the Simpson's area Bumblebee taco truck for lunches - and both were fabulous food for counter service. But you just can't beat sit-down service for relaxation. Again, the food was very good, but I missed the service. For dinner the last day, we ate at Lombard's. The food was good, as always, but I admit that I'm starting to get bored.

So, to sum up, Carole's suggestion is now our all time fave!

Every anniversary is a special one! Ocean Prime looks amazing!

That`s certainly true.....we celebrate it, but just no big fuss.

Ocean Prime is beautiful......and genuinely lovely staff. They do make you feel very welcome.

We had the best service in Mythos and we were lucky enough to request and get the same server a few days later. I really planned on trying another in-park sit down but really the service just blew us away at Mythos. Guess everywhere is hit or miss. I think on the next trip, we will stop by and see if Mike is working that day at Mythos and maybe try CG if he is not.

I`m glad you had such a good experience......good waiters and waitresses are worth their weight in gold. There was an older gentleman worked there, Robert...not sure if he still does, but he was fabulous....when we used to only visit once a year, he still remembered us.

Sadly the last three experiences weren't just about the service. Food wasn't up to scratch and drinks tasted watered down. It`s one place we know a few people who remember the place from years ago, and have described a lacklustre experience from what they were used to. Shame, as it is such a unique restaurant. But, if you have fabulous experiences, you`re going to go back of course......glad to hear it.....

My family and I tried Confisco Grill for the first time on Saturday, based entirely off of Carole's advice, and we all LOVED it. It has replaced Mythos as our go-to park restaurant. The menu at Mythos needs an overhaul, in my humble opinion, while CG had me smacking my lips over everything on the menu. My teenagers were super excited over the menu, as well, truly looked forward to their meal, and everyone really enjoyed their orders. My husband asked, why have we never come here before? I just smiled and said, "It often gets overlooked due to location."

I keep my Shumigirl insider knowledge ace card to myself!

I pushed a couple times to eat meals at the hotel (RPR), but the fam was always in a hurry to get to the parks. We did eat at the Citywalk Fusion Sushi, and the Simpson's area Bumblebee taco truck for lunches - and both were fabulous food for counter service. But you just can't beat sit-down service for relaxation. Again, the food was very good, but I missed the service. For dinner the last day, we ate at Lombard's. The food was good, as always, but I admit that I'm starting to get bored.

So, to sum up, Carole's suggestion is now our all time fave!

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed it!!!! All of your family......

It really is a much overlooked place and it deserves more credit. I think some folks do think of Mythos for TS in IOA, but CG is so much better for us and we`ve always had lovely food.

Yes, it`s always good to keep some things to yourself...…. :rolleyes1

And I`m so glad you had some good food in the parks and Citywalk…..I agree, Lombards could do with a revamped menu too...….time for a change...….we`ve never tried Fusion Sushi....and the taco truck always looks so good, but everything has onion and cilantro and they said they can`t really do the food without it......so I guess I`ll just have to content myself with the aroma of it...lol...….and yes, we too prefer a sit down meal with service....even if it`s just a light meal.

But, I`m so glad you came back to tell us you enjoyed those places.....it`s always good to hear that (especially if you recommend somewhere....phew)

Hope your whole trip was fabulous!!! :wave2:

Every anniversary is worthy of a celebration, and a trip 😊 DH and I are celebrating 25 years on 8/11 so of course the real celebration will be HHN! We never have opportunities to go on an actual date so this is worthy compensation. Ocean Prime looks delicious!!

Every anniversary is worthy of a celebration, and a trip 😊 DH and I are celebrating 25 years on 8/11 so of course the real celebration will be HHN! We never have opportunities to go on an actual date so this is worthy compensation. Ocean Prime looks delicious!!

I agree....we usually just go out for dinner for our anniversary....so this will fit in nicely!

Oh early congratulations on such a special anniversary!!! HHN is indeed a worthy celebration......hope you have a lovely day though...….yes, Ocean Prime is is fabulous!!! You`d enjoy it I think...... :wave2:

Yay! A new report, I have read all of your reports (never posted) and LOVED each of them. You manage to make us feel as though we are right there will you and Tom with your story telling and pictures. I am taking my son to our first HHN next month for 8 days!! It's a surprise for his 16th birthday, he has wanted to go for years. Picked RPR as our homebase due to your reports and pictures. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures with all of us. :flower1:

We Are those people who take pictures of our food too!!!! I don't think it's weird at all. Even the youngest ( who can be a picky eater) especially if we are ordering something that is a little ore unusual than what we would normally eat or order. We are turning our kids into foodies. I think it is compliments to the chef if we are doing that...especially if you enjoy that dish!!!

Yay! A new report, I have read all of your reports (never posted) and LOVED each of them. You manage to make us feel as though we are right there will you and Tom with your story telling and pictures. I am taking my son to our first HHN next month for 8 days!! It's a surprise for his 16th birthday, he has wanted to go for years. Picked RPR as our homebase due to your reports and pictures. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures with all of us. :flower1:

:welcome: Angeliamc.…….how lovely to see you post!!!

And another Sept RPR visitor...….fabulous!!! there are a few of us going to be there then......I`m sure you`ll love HHN and so will your son...it`s a good age for kids to start going. How exciting!!!

And thank you so much......I`m really happy you enjoy reading along, and happy you posted. Hope you like this one too.....:wave2:

We Are those people who take pictures of our food too!!!! I don't think it's weird at all. Even the youngest ( who can be a picky eater) especially if we are ordering something that is a little ore unusual than what we would normally eat or order. We are turning our kids into foodies. I think it is compliments to the chef if we are doing that...especially if you enjoy that dish!!!

yep, I`ll happily be weird if that`s what it is...….I don't think there`s anything funny or odd about it...thousands of people do the same thing.....we often see people take pics in restaurants....

Yes, it is a compliment.....well, I think it is. Never do it at home though, I would never think to take a picture of a meal I`ve cooked however elaborate.....well, except once I was very proud of a croquembouche I had carefully put together.….that got sent to all my friends...... ::yes::

TEAK NEIGHBORHOOD GRILL

This was one place we missed again last trip.

It is very much a local bar which serves fabulous food.....and is only 5 minutes or so away from Universal. We started going here years ago in 2007 and have told numerous people about it over the years....including a local who had never heard of it!!! She loves it now.

Within the Metro West area, this cool little place is tucked away in a residential area which always surprises me as it does get quite loud on an evening. It`s one of the reasons we either go at lunchtimes or early evening. We were surprised just how loud the music was one evening. But it is a very cool bar and gets mobbed at times.

They are predominantly a burger place, but serve all sorts of food and everything we have had has always been gorgeous. The menu is very different from most places as the burgers all have unique names like the drunken monk.....spicy veronica......imperial trooper.....and the wholly hell which is as hot as the name suggests!

There are so many good ones and I think Tom has tried several over the years......he does like to try something different every time......me.....I stick to what I like.......sweet and spicy......so the donut burger it is for me!!

They used to have what was called a secret menu....and they still do have it, it`s just not secret anymore.....you used to have to know the password.....now you just ask for it.....and it has a whole other list of burgers which are interesting to say the least.

i-xMJw26v-X2.jpg

You really could easily miss it if you didn't know it was there. First time we went back in 2007 we drove past twice before we saw it....now of course you can`t miss the sign. But, it really is in an unassuming building.

i-3jstkHz-X2.jpg

The staff here are very friendly and that has never changed since we first visited.....the owner is here a lot and is a nice guy who does love to hear feedback, good and bad if there is any.

So, the menu really does have some amazing options for burgers and I think this one was the engine oil burger with a fried egg on top......and they do have the best fries!!!

i-dFLVNsq-X2.jpg

In all it`s glory is the donut burger.....minus the cheese but always with a side of jalapenos...I do keep the bacon on of course and it is the nicest combination I`ve ever eaten in a burger. It may sound weird.....but of course that seems to be a popular train of thought right now with the food picture taking :rolleyes:...….but it`s worth trying as it does work well together!

i-VtkXcxJ-X2.jpg

This one was The Brazilian......again with the over easy egg.

i-zjgXHmp-X2.jpg

The waffle burger was a strange one......but he did like it......they have added a new waffle offering but it has chicken and does sound delicious.

i-DfCghrm-X2.jpg

And just because such a beautiful burger deserves another showing...…..:thumbsup2

i-TXVcTGB-X2.jpg

The only one he had that he didn't enjoy as much as the others was the Cronie Burger...….French doughnut tossed in cinnamon, maple pepper bacon cheese and an over easy egg......Tom does like an egg.

But, although he likes cinnamon this wasn't one he would order again.

i-gVV8xzL-X2.jpg

Kyle isn't the biggest fan of burgers outside.....he does love my homemade ones, but in a restaurant he`d always opt for something else......so he`s had chicken twice....once just plain chicken breast and once he asked for teriyaki chicken.....and he loved his meals.

i-d6S3hbt-X2.jpg

I have no clue why this dish is in front of me as it`s not mine, but not sure why it`s there...….must have been Tom`s.

i-QjnpvFX-X2.jpg

A sandwich Tom loves it the French Dip...….he doesn't actually remember ordering this, but it`s not one I`d have so it must have been his...….

i-s5Dq2DW-X2.jpg

They don't have a lot of desserts, but Kyle did order this one and although there are extra spoons, very kindly brought over by the waitress......I think only one was used!!!!

Where chocolate is concerned...….Kyle doesn't care to share desserts!!!

i-mc4RqBM-X2.jpg

This is a definite on our must do list this visit...…..it will be a lunch for sure, but I know we`ll enjoy it.

They have a huge outdoor area too which is undercover, and again, on a night it can get very lively. I`m glad I don't live nearby when it does......

i-NdJW8Vr-X2.jpg

I can definitely recommend a visit here even if you need to drive a little way to get there.....it`s worth it...

YELLOW DOG EATS

Only a 20 minute or so drive away from Universal is Gotha, Windermere which is the lovely little setting for a very unusual place named Yellow Dog Eats.....

This is unique to the area, although they do have another one in New Smyrna Beach, we haven't gone to that one though...….this one is supposed to be better by all accounts......but we love this place........and again, being completely hypocritical...…..it genuinely doesn't have a lot of tourists which we like :rolleyes1

i-DbvJqhf-X2.jpg

Blink and you will miss this place too...….there is plenty of parking at the rear and there is extra parking over the other side of the road if needed...….it does get busy!!!!

i-wXpRg3S-X2.jpg

The whole place is very eclectic and different to most places.....some might find it a little rough and ready, but the crowds that swarm there every day certainly love how unique it is.

They do have huge fans in the outdoor sitting area which is ideal, although we have never sat outside to eat...….it`s just too hot. It`s one of these places that in the evenings it has an amazing atmosphere and absolutely bouncing...….It`s open from 11am every day and open till 9pm Sunday till Wednesday then till 10pm at the weekends. They also have live music Thursday till Saturday from 6pm.

i-ZZnfKss-X2.jpg

i-cFTKp5R-X2.jpg

You can eat at the bar and order there if you wish, or just order yourself as usual at the counter and hope you can get a table, as there are only 3 of them...….you can also eat on the rooftop, but we never have went up there.

i-DFVqRhN-X2.jpg

i-bc8PgdN-X2.jpg

i-NhBp8mm-X2.jpg

Sandwiches are their main option and folks rave about them all over......and everything has a hint of canine in their names....even a few feline suggestions. The place itself has thousands of images of visitors dogs and some cats all around....every inch of wall is covered with pictures or little slogans about dogs......very different.

This one is Retrievers Roast......rare roast beef and various other items like cheese, caramelised onions, mustard and a horseradish-jalapeno mayo......and the sweetest tomatoes I ever tried.

i-7fptRTR-X2.jpg

This was Black forest Hambone......turkey with cheese, smoked pineapple and some Cointreau flavoured mayo......

i-rhCqXDB-X2.jpg

Johnny Rocket...…..Turkey, again with the smoked pineapple which is delicious…..chery pepper rings, smoked gouda and the Cointreau mayo which I omitted and replaced it with another dressing......beautiful!!!!

i-hTv6HHG-X2.jpg

This one has to be my favourite sandwich ever......certainly from Yellow Dog Eats........it has Pulled Pork with slices of Brie, cherry peppers, raspberry melba dressing and their own gold bbq sauce......I added the jalapenos.....I`d never have thought to put Brie on pulled pork....and the raspberry dressing was a definite surprise...…..it was gorgeous.

i-B5SFwkP-X2.jpg

I`m not sure these are on the menu anymore, but Tom did get the ribs the second or third time we went here......they look a little tough in this picture, but they were very tender...….

i-LnXLtCh-X2.jpg

They do have one or two desserts on offer...…::yes::

One of our all time favourites from here (or anywhere) is coconut cake.....and this one is truly spectacular!!!!

i-gFcVhfh-X2.jpg

i-8q6p883-X2.jpg

i-nzGvqVV-X2.jpg

I don't think we could bring Kyle here as his choice of sandwich is incredibly plain...….ham. Chicken, Turkey or grilled cheese....that's about it for him and no fancy stuff on it.....just lettuce and cucumber, if that.

But, I think we could easily tempt him with the chocolate cake.....of course.

They also sell a variety of sauces and other produce, and the hot sauce is lovely.....not as hot as it promises but it is spicy!!!

i-p9FNnzC-X2.jpg

This is another little place that is slightly off the beaten path, but so worth it if you enjoy tasty and unique sandwiches in a unique environment......so, this is another definite for this trip coming up...…..::yes::

I recently read someone say folks who took pictures of food and posted it anywhere was weird...…..ok, I`ll be that weird person then....and I`m very happy to be that person... ::yes::

I will join the weird party. I love to see pictures of food....the old saying we eat with our eyes first is absolutely correct.

Food pictures have become incredibly popular over the last years....and although I don't have any kind of Facebook/Instagram or twitter......this is the only social media I have......and I like food pictures, so will continue to post them......

Keep posting them...this is the only social media I have also. So I really enjoy how you and Tom work together to share your restaurant experience. You in describing them and Toms pictures.

Granddaughter and I still talk about the great meal we had at Ocean Prime this past April. It was because of your info and pictures that we went. It was yummy. Thanks again for sharing.

I will join the weird party. I love to see pictures of food....the old saying we eat with our eyes first is absolutely correct.

Keep posting them...this is the only social media I have also. So I really enjoy how you and Tom work together to share your restaurant experience. You in describing them and Toms pictures.

Granddaughter and I still talk about the great meal we had at Ocean Prime this past April. It was because of your info and pictures that we went. It was yummy. Thanks again for sharing.

Lol......yes, us weird folks are much better company.......I’m happy to be weird!

I’m glad you enjoy them Robo......and yes, will continue to post them......and I’m so happy you enjoyed Ocean Prime with your GD......it is an amazing restaurant.......we can’t wait to go back in September!

I missed this starting but have just caught up. It sounds like you’ve got some great plans!

It’s going to be our second HHN this year (previous one was 2016) and I’ve got a lot of things to watch before we go. I need to see the end of ST and then watch Ghostbusters (I know, I know! If it helps I’ve not seen most classic films...), Killer Klowns and Us. I’m also bound not to have seen whatever the last IP announced is as well 😂 Oh and I need to watch the newer Star Wars films ahead of the other part of our trip - looks like I’ll be spending a lot of time on the sofa!

I missed this starting but have just caught up. It sounds like you’ve got some great plans!

It’s going to be our second HHN this year (previous one was 2016) and I’ve got a lot of things to watch before we go. I need to see the end of ST and then watch Ghostbusters (I know, I know! If it helps I’ve not seen most classic films...), Killer Klowns and Us. I’m also bound not to have seen whatever the last IP announced is as well 😂 Oh and I need to watch the newer Star Wars films ahead of the other part of our trip - looks like I’ll be spending a lot of time on the sofa!

:welcome: iona...…..glad you popped in!!! Lovely to see you here...

You haven't seen Ghostbusters :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Oh you have to watch it...….it is fabulous!!! Don`t bother with the remake with the female cast......dreadful movie......but the original two are classics!!!!

I haven't seen Killer Klowns movie either, but the scare zone last year grew on us, so, looking forward to that house too, no plans to watch the movie though.

Hey....nothing wrong with spending time on the sofa......sounds like a perfect weekend to us!!! That`s our plan this weekend......Potter movie marathon time for us...….oh I`m so glad I don't need to watch SW....not a fan at all....Tom likes them though, although the originals, not the recent ones apparently.

But, hope you enjoy this one too iona…...and you have your trip too....they`re coming up so quickly...….:wave2:

Last edited:
Image result for I`m weird and I like it gif

RED LOBSTER

So, on with the so called weird food pics...…. :thumbsup2

One of the places we always enjoy....is the cheap, cheerful and much maligned and looked down by some, Red Lobster.

Yes, it`s not top class seafood and it`s not the classiest of places, but we have always had wonderful food and since we started going to the one down by the convention centre, we`ve had exemplary service...….that one always seems to be busy and there`s sometimes a wait, which we don't mind. We wouldn't go back to the one to the side of the new Universal hotel...….

One of my favourite items on their menu is the Lobsterita…...this is just a Gold Tequila Margarita. I always have strawberry and it is delicious!!! Not too strong and very fruity.....and makes a good picture!

i-vS2WTdL-X2.jpg

The other very nice cocktail is the Alotta Colada...…..like the Lobsterita, it is an over sized frozen drink and you get their gorgeous Pina Colada with a side of Captain Morgans Spiced Rum on the side...I`m not overly fond of that, but mixed through with this drink, it`s quite nice...…

i-PJzhNZc-X2.jpg

Anyone who has ever gone of course, will know those delightful cheese biscuits...….I still as someone who is British, finds it strange they are called biscuits.....we would call that a scone.....biscuits to us are usually hard and not served warm. But, being pedantic there.....they are very hard to ignore if you are trying not to fill up too much before dinner..... and something we never, ever take a second serving of. They are just so easy to eat!

i-8p2MPWX-X2.jpg

If we do get appetisers, which isn't often as portions here are decent sized, I go for the shrimp cocktail, but did get half shrimp and half lobster one visit...….it was really very nice...…

i-F47x4pd-X2.jpg

Tom loves chowder...…..any kind will work for him......and he was a little unsure of getting it from Red Lobster, but although it was very pale and when it arrived he looked a little dubious about eating it, he said it was surprisingly lovely......I got a small taste......very small, so I knew it was good...….

i-DHvzGVk-X2.jpg

We have enjoyed a variety of seafood dishes from here and stuffed flounder was something I had tried in Long Island and loved it......I have to say this one didn't quite live up the huge one I had there, but it was tasty and I really enjoyed it.

i-CPjr2Gd-X2.jpg

One of the nicest dishes they brought out last year, was the Tilapia with jumbo shrimp. It was a rather piece of fish and topped with a piquant chilli lime butter and also included caramelised pineapple with jalapenos.....it came with rice which might have been ideal as there was a lot of sauce, but I`m not fond of rice so opted for fries. Funnily enough I ordered this dish in Manhattan while we were there in June and I also asked for fries......I was somewhat surprised when they served the fries underneath the fish instead of as a side dish.....it was a little messy and not very pretty, but still edible. However, in Orlando the fries were a side dish.....and this dish is beautiful.

i-bW2j4zW-X2.jpg

Tom usually has some kind of a feast with a selection of items, but this day he wanted to try one of the newer offerings of Dragon Shrimp.....it was in a soy ginger sauce......and supposed to be spicy...….now, I know we love our food very spicy.....but even someone who can`t take any spice would be able to eat this dish. They weren't bland......but not far off it...….

i-S8kBBTN-X2.jpg

This is more the dish Tom likes....lobster, scallops, shrimp and more shrimp...….I should say, all I can see in these pictures are what looks like a forest of broccoli on our plates...….we never really eat it...…we all like it, but Kyle is the broccoli fiend in our house.....loves it......I can`t eat it now anyway.....but it is a side dish they seem to just throw on if you decline a second side anyway!

i-BX8CxQP-X2.jpg

Crab legs are decent here too...….we`ve both enjoyed them many times and always find they give a good portion with plenty of crab in the legs...….our second try (under duress) of Bubba Gump involved crab legs and I did eventually laugh at the discovery that there were absolutely no crab in the legs whatsoever...….I tell a lie.....one of the legs had the scrawniest piece of crab you ever did see!!!

Bubba Gumps is somewhere we won`t eat in. They do good cocktails though...…..

i-9v3JpBP-X2.jpg

Next two dishes are some of the offerings with Endless Shrimp....

I have to admit we did ask for a second serving of the regular shrimp and one of the soy ginger..….but we really let the side down as we really couldn't eat much after the first lot were brought out...….but we did enjoy what we did eat. We aren't fans of giant portions of food anyway, although we do like it to be a decent size....just not plate bursting! Never really saw the appeal of places like that apart from wondering who on earth ever ate that amount of food!!!

i-6nWfTzm-X2.jpg

i-BT8rjXH-X2.jpg

The shrimp were very good though...……::yes:: Our waiter, who has worked there for years said we had eaten the least amount of shrimp he`d ever seen o_O ......usually folks have four or five servings......wow......we barely managed two! And no appetiser this visit!

Kyle likes very simple seafood, but when he is here, he loves the maple glazed chicken.....so non seafood eating folks do have plenty of choice here.....and he loves this dish.

i-rXQsK67-X2.jpg

As always Kyle will go for a dessert over an appetiser any day. And they do have a dessert called the Chocolate Wave......yep, he loves it...….I am encouraged to enjoy the ice cream again......which is fine by me as I do like a little ice cream now and again.

i-m2TtpT9-X2.jpg

We haven't gone here at all these past few visits, but this next trip Tom again, has specifically asked if we can go. It`s one of these little tradition places that we seem to just keep going back to. And as the food is always good, service is nice, well, we`ll keep going back. Especially for my lobsterita………:wave2:

You definitely HAVE to see Ghostbusters, sooo many good actors and it’s more comedy than horror. One of my all time favorites!

We saw Killer Klowns a few weekends ago, thank you Amazon Prime :) it was a typical B movie but now I’ll “get” the house and it’s settings. Definitely not a must see 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!