Whoopie Pie Recipe?

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
I am looking for a recipe for Whoopie Pies...My DH loves them and I thought I would make him some and surprise him because I have never made these before...Does anyone have a really good recipe for them? I would so appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Don't have a whoopie pie recipe of my own to share, but I did find these for you. Hope one of them is what you are looking for.

WHOOPIE PIE COOKIES

1 1/2 c. shortening
3 eggs
3 tsp. soda
3 tsp. salt
3 tsp. vanilla
3 c. white sugar
6 c. flour
1 1/2 c. cocoa
1 1/2 c. sour milk
1 1/2 c. hot water

Cream shortening and sugar. Add well beaten eggs, milk, vanilla, cocoa, flour and salt. Dissolve soda in hot water and add to mixture. Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes at 400 degrees.

Filling:
3 egg whites
3 tsp. vanilla
3 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 c. Crisco
6 Tbsp. water

Beat egg whites until stiff. Add vanilla, water and
powdered sugar. Cream Crisco and add to mixture. Put filling between 2 cookies. Wrap each one in Saran Wrap.

**Add to cookie dough 1/2 cup choc chip or m&m's .

I got that one here: http://www.thefunplace.com/fence/recipeboard/messages/4111.html

Here's another one for you:

Whoopie Pies

Cookie
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup hot water
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup hot water
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Frosting:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tbsp milk

To Make the Cookies:
1. First, heat the over to 350 degrees. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour and the cocoa; set them aside.

2. In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the hot water, then add milk and set aside.

3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and beat another minute. Mix in half of the dry ingredients, then half of the wet; repeat.

4. Drop batter by heaping teaspoons, about 2 inches apart, on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool thoroughly.

Make the frosting:

1. Meanwhile, make the frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, shortening, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar, beating until fluffy.

2. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the frosting has a creamy consistency. Spoon frosting into a sealable plastic bag, seal and cut one corner off.

Put it All Together:

Fill the center of two cookies with frosting by simply squeezing the bag. Wrap Whoopie Pies individually or place them in a single layer on a platter.

Makes 2 dozen.

That one came from here: http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/whoopie-pie.html

There are also vanilla Whoopie pies so I thought I would toss in a vanilla recipe for you!

Vanilla Whoopie Pies

1 cup shortening [Crisco]
2 cups sugar
3/4 tsp salt
5 cups gold metal flour
2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks
1/2 cup hot water
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp soda
1 1/2 cup buttermilk [or sour milk]
1 tbsp vanilla

Cream shortening, sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla together.

Sift flour and baking powder, add soda with water and milk. Mix together [add chips at this point after mixing and mix a bit more] bake at 425 for 4 to 5 minutes.

Filling :
2 egg whites
2lbs of 10 x sugar
1 1/2 cup Crisco
1 tbs vanilla or to taste
Add milk or cream if needed for consistancy

Got that one here:
http://www.berksweb.com/recipe_board/messages/5540.html

Thanks Beth..I am going to make the second recipe tonight...LOL...starting late, but oh well...I appreciate all your links and you taking the time to post this...:)

Thank you dt, for your link as well...I never thought of making Pumpkin whoopie pies...those sound really good!!

Thanks both of you!! :) I will let you know how they come out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter