Who's Gonna Have More Fun? Two PTR's for the Price of One!

Glad to hear your DH is recovering from his surgery.

As for Jodi, that's so sad. :(

Thanks Mel! :)

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but to me it's like Jo just left for Disney! that was the fastest 9 or 10 days. :eek: I bet it flew by for her, too. I hope her trip was magical in spite of the heat and rain, which is pretty much a given in the summer. Now that we will soon have both of our girls back, I'm dying to hear all the details!

Shelly, I'm going to assume that your DH is doing allright, since you were on here, and you didn't have any bad stuff to report. :goodvibes That first couple of days is always the worst.

Too us it seems like they have been there forever. I just said something to DH the other day about what they were doing that day and he was like -- What, they are STILL down there??? :upsidedow I guess it seems like we have been back for weeks when in-fact it hasn't even been a week yet. :faint:

I just talked to her and they have landed and are driving home. She sounds so sad. :sad: I told her it just means that it's time to start planning the next trip!!

Yes -- DH is doing pretty well considering. He's up and about a little bit. Still very sore of course.

Too us it seems like they have been there forever. I just said something to DH the other day about what they were doing that day and he was like -- What, they are STILL down there??? :upsidedow I guess it seems like we have been back for weeks when in-fact it hasn't even been a week yet. :faint:

I just talked to her and they have landed and are driving home. She sounds so sad. :sad: I told her it just means that it's time to start planning the next trip!!

Yes -- DH is doing pretty well considering. He's up and about a little bit. Still very sore of course.

Aww, poor Jodi. It's so sad to come home from a trip. Sometimes I'm ready, but many times I'm not. Yep, y'all will both have to start thinking about next year!

I've been kind of busy the last week, so maybe that's why it seems like the time went by fast. :confused3 Last weekend I spent the whole time cleaning house since TS Lee kept us inside, and then ever since I've been fixing up in my extra bedrooms. DD came home today and brought her new BF. Sounds kind of serious, and this is only after about 1 month. :eek: And she has never been serious about any boy before.

I'm glad your DH is feeling OK. Good for him getting up and moving - that will get him better much quicker!

It is funny but Jo's trip seemed to last longer than yours even though you were both gone for the same time. What always amazes me is how the first 3 or 4 days seem to pass slowly but as you near the end the days speed up and just fly by. Our last trip was only a week but seemed to last longer, the only thing I can think why is because we took things at a slower pace maybe?
We did go back to the resort in the afternoons to rest and freshen up , not spending hours upon hours running around the parks or being on the buses going from here to there, just seemed to make each day last longer.

Glad to hear your DH is up and about, he is a real trooper :thumbsup2

Gosh it does seem like Jo's trip flew by. It is so hard jumping back into reality. :sad2:

Shelly, I so glad your DH is on the mend. I know those first few days after surgery are really tough. You can't do anything without having pain. :sick:

Thanks for spilling the beans on La Hacienda, although that is not what I was hoping to hear. I'll be very interested to find out what they ordered. We are giving it a try next month, mostly for the fireworks view, but I'd still like to get some decent food.

:wave:

:guilty:

Good morning! We are home and I can't believe it went by so fast. It was the quickest 9 days of my life.
I am so sad. :sad:

Our trip was absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to share it all with you guys.

First off, words can't say enough about the Grand Floridian and how wonderful it is. I was so worried about not liking it, and wanting to be at the Poly the whole time. I loved the GF from the second I walked into the lobby, and then when we went into the room, that was it. I was in Heaven.:cloud9:

To us, CL was totally worth it. We added up what we thought we would have spent on breakfasts and coffee alone if we'd eaten them at a restaurant and it would have been a big chunk of what we paid for CL. Then you add in the snacks at night and the convenience of having an extra place to relax and it's a no brainer for us-- especially when we are travelling with the kids. If it's just Mark and I travelling it wouldn't be as cost effective, but the fact of the matter is, we just loved it so dang much that we would do it again.

The outer building CL where we stayed-- in Sugar Loaf, was IMO a perfect location- close to the main building, right near the Courtyard pool. I was impressed with the compact-ness of the resort itself- not far to walk to go anywhere. That said, if I couldn't be in Sugar Loaf, I'd request Conch Key or Sago Cay Marina side b/c we like those locations.

Mousekeeping was wonderful. We had one issue the first night but after that it was great. Turn down was great as well, with the cute chocolate on the pillow. Belle couldn't understand why they left it for you to eat in bed.:goodvibes

We valeted the rental car daily and every night when we came back, the valet would say "Welcome back Mister ________ " It was very nice- with all of the people coming and going, that they would take the time to call us by name. Of course they all loved the jeep we rented and talked to Mark about it a lot so that could be part of it too.:rotfl2:

Construction on the other side of the resort was a nonissue for us. The walkway to the Poly was up and other than that, not a lot was going on with it. We actually thought they had done a nice job with the walkway- adding lights and painting it a nice blue shade. They've also planed palm trees to make it nice.

Now, the parks.
It was busier than I'd thought it would be, but at the same time- we didn't wait for a whole lot of rides. There were just people standing around--- everywhere!!! :headache: It was very frustrating. I think I'd rather have the walkways empty and the waits for the rides be longer. Most people were foreigners. We actually would get excited when we heard English being spoken.:lmao: The longest we waited all week was for BTMRR on an EMH night- and that was for 23 minutes, start to finish. Including the ride itself.
As usual, if you got to the parks at Rope Drop, you pretty much had the run of the park until around 1-2 pm. So that's mostly what we did and then went back to the resort to rest.

Food-
I'm not planning on doing a dining review- other than in the TR, so I will tell you this- Our favorite meal was Le Cellier by a landslide. Our surprise meal that everyone liked was Tony's in the MK-- it's definitely on our list from now on. Our worst meal was La Hacienda (sorry Rinky).:laughing: It wasn't horrific- it just wasn't good. The atmosphere was nice though.
As far as CS--- CHH in the MK once again is at the top of the list. They have added new items and it is GOOD.

Transportation-
We didn't take the busses, so I don't have any info for that. But the monorail closing one hour after the park closes is a pain. We actually drove to Epcot when we'd go there at night- it just made it easier. We got stuck in the people jam the night of the MK EMH. The monorail wasn't running and we had to wait for the resort ferry. Which wasn't too bad-- 20 minutes-- and the GF was the first stop so that was nice. I think they were running 2 or 3 ferries to the GF and POLY alone.

Rides-
I'm happy to say that not one of them broke down while we were on them. I did see BTMRR down once however. Belle is now a full adrenaline junkie and everytime we'd get off of one big ride she'd say "AGAIN!!":lmao: We did a few new things so I can't wait to talk about that.

Weather--
ugh. The stupid rain. Every afternoon. And it wasn't just a little bit either. Our last night we had lightning so bad that we thought we'd be stuck in the GF. We would just put on the ponchos and deal with it but seriously, it puts a damper on everything and you end up frustrated so you leave the parks.

Okay I think that's it for now. I need to go have some coffee-- I don't have a lounge with fruit out and that makes me sad.

If anyone has any questions, let me have them.

Oh and give me a rundown everyone of what's new in your life so I can talk at ya about it. I need to go back to read to get caught up and I'm so tired!!:laughing:

Welcome back Jo!! The post vacation blues are the worst :guilty: - but everyone is right - now you can plan your next one :thumbsup2

Sounds like the GF was amazing, :cloud9: and I'm glad that you were happy with CL and didn't miss the Poly too much.

I was watching the weather and hoping that you weren't getting a lot of rain, it is so frustrating because it just slows everything down and makes everyone start getting whiny. Sorry you had so much of it to deal with.

Other than that, it sounds like you guys had a great time and I cant wait to read the TR!!! :cool1: I have 25 days to get through until we get there and it is going SLOW :upsidedow

Welcome back, Jo! Sorry it's over, but glad you had a great time! :banana:
We can't wait to hear all about it! :surfweb:

Here are all the kids last Sunday morning after Kona breakfast. They are throwing pennies in and making a wish! pixiedust:

18245fba.jpg

:sad:

Welcome back Jodi! Glad you had a great trip for the most part and looking forward to reading the trip report.

Not much new in my life, but I have started my trip report if you want to read. Link is in my signature, or a few pages back. :)

Welcome Home Jo - Missed You :hug: Glad to hear you liked GF and CL so much. I do think in your case CL would be worth it for a family of 5, not so much for just a couple.

Happy to hear you had good meals at Tony's and Le Cellier as we will be trying both of those places for the first time. Just wondering did you do lunch or dinner at Tony's and Le Cellier? I have lunches planned at both.
I had thought about La Hacienda in fact had an ADR at one point for there but DH really is not an adventureous eater so I do not think we would enjoy it much either.

Now I am not worried about the monorail not running for EMH since I am not as of now planning on doing any of them unless we go to MK our first night which I highly doubt .

Strange the parks were crowded but the lines were not bad. I will never understand why some people have to block pathways in the parks, I know the Brazilian Tour Groups seem to do that a lot. I find it very frustrating when you have to go out of your way to get around these people, excuse me never seems to work well :laughing:

I knew it rained a lot in August having gone twice during that month but did not know it was like that in September too. Sorry it was so bad while you were there. I hate florida lightening, the way it just comes straight down out of the sky and hits the ground. It is not like that in the North.
I know what you mean about the whole rain and poncho thing, you just feel really yucky and want to head back to the resort.

Here are all the kids last Sunday morning after Kona breakfast. They are throwing pennies in and making a wish! pixiedust:

18245fba.jpg

:sad:

One of those lasting memory pics :goodvibes

Now we know you guys did meet up for at least one meal while at Disney.

Welcome back Jo! I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful vacation.
We love the GF too, and cannot wait to go back some time. We feel like CL is worth it for our family of 5 as well. We won't be staying CL at the Poly (DH is not coming this trip), and I have a feeling I am going to miss it!
Not much new in my life, besides that school started back up for us last Tuesday. DD10 is now in 5th grade, and I am back working as a secretary at the elementary school in town. DD18 and DD20 started college this past Wednesday....it is DD18's first year! Since they go to the same college, they can commute together, which is so nice. And I like having them home too!
Again, welcome home!! Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

Great picture of all the kids Shelly!

Jo - welcome home - sorry there's no lounge for you!
I'm glad to hear you had a good trip!!!

Shelly, what's up with the flight prices from PIT to MCO. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

This is getting absurd. :headache:

I downloaded Ding finally, but IDK if it's working correctly. When I click the shortcut on my desktop, it just takes me to SW home page :confused3

Shelly, what's up with the flight prices from PIT to MCO. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I downloaded Ding finally, but IDK if it's working correctly. When I click the shortcut on my desktop, it just takes me to SW home page :confused3

the ones from Houston are just as bad this year...I have been looking since April and it's still ridiculous!!!

Did you check AirTran? They beat SW by a mile anymore. Even with baggage fees. But even with AT I paid more this year than I've ever paid before -- something like $94 pp each way. Several months after I purchased the tickets they did drop to $84 each way (about 6 weeks out from the flight).

Looks like no more $69 flights for us anymore. :confused:

the ones from Houston are just as bad this year...I have been looking since April and it's still ridiculous!!!

UGH. It is so frustrating!! It has been ridiculous from here for the last 2-3 years I would guess. I just don't understand how the prices can be more than DOUBLE what they used to be :eek::mad::eek:

Did you check AirTran? They beat SW by a mile anymore. Even with baggage fees. But even with AT I paid more this year than I've ever paid before -- something like $94 pp each way. Several months after I purchased the tickets they did drop to $84 each way (about 6 weeks out from the flight).

Looks like no more $69 flights for us anymore. :confused:

I would even be happy with the $79 or even $89 flights that they used to have. I did check AT, but this is for the flight for my cruise in May. It's super early, but I am just trying to get a feel for the patterns so I can be ready when it is time to book... and what I have concluded is that the pattern is expensive. LOL. That's all. :confused3

Welcome back, Jodi! The end of any vacation is a horrible feeling! I'm never ready to come home. Can't wait for all the details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter