Who's Gonna Have More Fun? Two PTR's for the Price of One!

Welcome Home Jo! Sorry you had so much rain. :sad2:

I love the pic of the kids...gee I can only wonder what they are wishing for? "an extra week in Disney...plan another trip to come back soon...move to Disney and live at Poly or GF..." :goodvibes

Our worst meal was La Hacienda (sorry Rinky).

:sad2: Great. That wasn't what I wanted to hear. Did you by chance order the Tilapia? I've heard that is really good. I'm hoping maybe you just ordered the wrong thing. :confused3

I'm so glad to hear that your trip was wonderful. It sounds awesome and I can't wait to hear all the details.

Welcome back, Jodi! :goodvibes It just doesn't seem like you were gone for 9 days!! I guess it's because I was busy, but to me the time flew by. Not busy *fun* - just busy getting my house clean and ready for my DD to come home this weekend with the new BF. :eek: All those little things you put off until company's coming! It went very well - DH and I both like the guy and he seems to adore DD!

I can't wait for you and Shelly to begin your TR's. I'm dying to hear everything! It sounds like your trip was great, even with the little annoyances like the rain and sidewalk blockers. :laughing: So cute that Belle is now a little thrill-seeker! It's great that you and Shelly both loved your resorts and got such nice rooms and locations.

I'm dying to know how much shopping y'all both did, too. So far I don't think we've gotten any hints of what you bought. We do know that Shelly was doing some big shopping right off the bat. ;)

So I know the Gators won their first game - the one y'all went to - but I don't know who y'all played this weekend. How's it going with Mus-chomp so far? Was it fun going to the game?

I hope it's not too bad getting back into the regular routine. Maybe you can put your Disney music back on tomorrow when the kids are at school and feel like you're kind of still there! ;)

So now that you're both back, are you going to answer the question:

WHO HAD MORE FUN?

:laughing:

That's a good question!! But I'm going to have to call it a tie! ::yes:: :cool1:

Welcome back, Jodi! :goodvibes It just doesn't seem like you were gone for 9 days!! I guess it's because I was busy, but to me the time flew by. Not busy *fun* - just busy getting my house clean and ready for my DD to come home this weekend with the new BF. :eek: All those little things you put off until company's coming! It went very well - DH and I both like the guy and he seems to adore DD!

I'm glad you like him! :goodvibes Are they serious?

I can't wait for you and Shelly to begin your TR's. I'm dying to hear everything! It sounds like your trip was great, even with the little annoyances like the rain and sidewalk blockers. :laughing: So cute that Belle is now a little thrill-seeker! It's great that you and Shelly both loved your resorts and got such nice rooms and locations.

I'm hoping to get to it soon. I did do my CBR and Poly reviews if you want to hang out on those threads until we get our TR's going!! :rotfl: And hopefully Jodi will be doing a GF review. . . . . hint hint . . .:rolleyes1

I'm dying to know how much shopping y'all both did, too. So far I don't think we've gotten any hints of what you bought. We do know that Shelly was doing some big shopping right off the bat. ;)

I did a lot more "window shopping" than I actually did shopping! :laughing: DS9 kept dragging us back to DTD to go to the Lego Store again and again, so I was forced to shop at DTD. Again and again. :rotfl: Let's see....I got some jewelry, a shirt, a new antenna topper, a Wishes CD, a 2012 calendar, scrapbooking stickers, cookies cutters, a notepad set, a window decal.....I think that's it. But you'll have to wait for the TR for pics!

Jodi...we missed you! I know you are sad to be here and not there though!!!
I am so glad you liked Tony's-we eat there every trip!!! it's one of my hubbys favorites in the World! The real world, I mean, not Disney world! LOL.. Gotta know--did those Coach crossbody bags work? Did they hold everything you needed them too? I keep riding the fence on that or a VB for this trip. I have always had a backpack (a smallish one)...not sure if the Coach would open wide enough to put all our stuff and my camera in....I know that the VB can stretch some since it's a totally diff material... Have you seen the coach backpack?!! tooooo cute!
Shelly--great pic of the 5 kids...hows your dh doing today?
Teri--so, it's serious!!!!:scared1: How is that feeling?!!

rinky...and whoever else was talking airfare...ours is bad! right now it is stuck on $370 RT pp!!!!! We usually get it anywhere between $220-$280...In April it was like $420, then it went to $370--a couple of times it's dipped to $330, but we are holding our for the next two weeks to see it drop, then we will just be forced to buy it at whatever it is!! I have read many sites and from my own experience as well...12 weeks out it will drop and then between 6-8 weeks out again, then it starts to climb. We'll see.

I did a lot more "window shopping" than I actually did shopping! :laughing: DS9 kept dragging us back to DTD to go to the Lego Store again and again, so I was forced to shop at DTD. Again and again. :rotfl: Let's see....I got some jewelry, a shirt, a new antenna topper, a Wishes CD, a 2012 calendar, scrapbooking stickers, cookies cutters, a notepad set, a window decal.....I think that's it. But you'll have to wait for the TR for pics!

That's it??? :eek: :rotfl2:

Jodi...we missed you! I know you are sad to be here and not there though!!!
I am so glad you liked Tony's-we eat there every trip!!! it's one of my hubbys favorites in the World! The real world, I mean, not Disney world! LOL.. Gotta know--did those Coach crossbody bags work? Did they hold everything you needed them too? I keep riding the fence on that or a VB for this trip. I have always had a backpack (a smallish one)...not sure if the Coach would open wide enough to put all our stuff and my camera in....I know that the VB can stretch some since it's a totally diff material... Have you seen the coach backpack?!! tooooo cute!

Maybe I'm jumping the gun big time, but they seem crazy about each other and they're together every day! (they also work together) And since they're not 19 or 20, I feel like they are both thinking about finding "the one". We shall see!!

He is doing okay. He is up and getting around. He hasn't left the house yet of course, so he missed DS's first soccer game yesterday. But hopefully he will get better each day and be moving more by next weekend!

That's it??? :eek: :rotfl2:

Are you making fun of me??? :laughing:

That really wasn't that much stuff compared to all that I looked at and wanted to buy!! :rotfl:

Maybe I'm jumping the gun big time, but they seem crazy about each other and they're together every day! (they also work together) And since they're not 19 or 20, I feel like they are both thinking about finding "the one". We shall see!!

Oh that is exciting!! :goodvibes

He is doing okay. He is up and getting around. He hasn't left the house yet of course, so he missed DS's first soccer game yesterday. But hopefully he will get better each day and be moving more by next weekend!

It's too bad your DH had to miss the soccer game, but it sounds like his recovery is going pretty well! :thumbsup2

Are you making fun of me??? :laughing:

Not making fun, just having fun with you! I realize they weren't big-ticket items. You don't have those hidden somewhere, do you? ;)

That really wasn't that much stuff compared to all that I looked at and wanted to buy!! :rotfl:

So what you're saying is you SAVED money! :laughing:

Oh that is exciting!! :goodvibes

I guess........:sad: This is all very new with DD. It's always been the case that she liked him more than he liked her or vice versa. So I'm not quite sure what to make of it. It's kind of weird though - she used to call me every day and now she's too busy and I'm missing her! But I'm very happy for her.

Hi PTR friends!! Hope all is well in your corner of the globe. I am trying ever so hard to get back to the real world. It's not fun at all.
Welcome back Jo!! The post vacation blues are the worst :guilty: - but everyone is right - now you can plan your next one :thumbsup2

Sounds like the GF was amazing, :cloud9: and I'm glad that you were happy with CL and didn't miss the Poly too much.

I was watching the weather and hoping that you weren't getting a lot of rain, it is so frustrating because it just slows everything down and makes everyone start getting whiny. Sorry you had so much of it to deal with.

Other than that, it sounds like you guys had a great time and I cant wait to read the TR!!! :cool1: I have 25 days to get through until we get there and it is going SLOW :upsidedow

Thanks Heather! The rain was awful and there was just so much of it- not just a little bit. One night Belle looked at me and said "I think it's a hurricane!"

oooh, you are so close to your trip! I know it will be wonderful. I am working on my GF review and will post links as soon as it's up so you can read that to pass the time.

Welcome back Jodi!
Thanks!!!!:goodvibes
Welcome back, Jo! Sorry it's over, but glad you had a great time! :banana:
We can't wait to hear all about it! :surfweb:
Thank you!!! It was a great time- but not long enough. I think if it were thirty years I'd never have enough time there.
Here are all the kids last Sunday morning after Kona breakfast. They are throwing pennies in and making a wish! pixiedust:

18245fba.jpg

:sad:

:sad:

That was so sweet. waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! And your text to me right after that ---- "We're on the Stupid bus...." it made me laugh b/c I could see your expression in my mind when you wrote it.:headache: I felt so bad for you guys. :sad:

Welcome back Jodi! Glad you had a great trip for the most part and looking forward to reading the trip report.

Not much new in my life, but I have started my trip report if you want to read. Link is in my signature, or a few pages back. :)

Oooh! I definitely want to read it! I will be over there in a jiffy!

Welcome Home Jo - Missed You :hug: Glad to hear you liked GF and CL so much. I do think in your case CL would be worth it for a family of 5, not so much for just a couple.

Happy to hear you had good meals at Tony's and Le Cellier as we will be trying both of those places for the first time. Just wondering did you do lunch or dinner at Tony's and Le Cellier? I have lunches planned at both.
I had thought about La Hacienda in fact had an ADR at one point for there but DH really is not an adventureous eater so I do not think we would enjoy it much either.

Now I am not worried about the monorail not running for EMH since I am not as of now planning on doing any of them unless we go to MK our first night which I highly doubt .

Strange the parks were crowded but the lines were not bad. I will never understand why some people have to block pathways in the parks, I know the Brazilian Tour Groups seem to do that a lot. I find it very frustrating when you have to go out of your way to get around these people, excuse me never seems to work well :laughing:

I knew it rained a lot in August having gone twice during that month but did not know it was like that in September too. Sorry it was so bad while you were there. I hate florida lightening, the way it just comes straight down out of the sky and hits the ground. It is not like that in the North.
I know what you mean about the whole rain and poncho thing, you just feel really yucky and want to head back to the resort.

Hi Sheila! I missed you guys too!

I see you've changed dates again. Gurl, what in the world are we to do with you??:laughing:

Our meal at Tony's was dinner, Le Cellier was lunch. Both were very good and I wish I could go to one of them right now! So hungry and no lounge to head to. Boo hoo.:rotfl2:
Welcome home Jodi!
Thanks!!!:goodvibes

Welcome back Jo! I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful vacation.
We love the GF too, and cannot wait to go back some time. We feel like CL is worth it for our family of 5 as well. We won't be staying CL at the Poly (DH is not coming this trip), and I have a feeling I am going to miss it!
Not much new in my life, besides that school started back up for us last Tuesday. DD10 is now in 5th grade, and I am back working as a secretary at the elementary school in town. DD18 and DD20 started college this past Wednesday....it is DD18's first year! Since they go to the same college, they can commute together, which is so nice. And I like having them home too!
Again, welcome home!! Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

Thanks Lauren! You are busy- working and the girls going to college--- whew! IDK what I'm gonna do when MC leaves.:eek:

I totally think CL is worth it- at the GF at least it is- for our family. Plus, it gives the kids somewhere to go hang out too. They thought it was cool that they could just run down there to get a snack. I bet you'll miss not having it at the Poly-- but you could always replace it with a dole whip!:lmao:

Great picture of all the kids Shelly!

Jo - welcome home - sorry there's no lounge for you!
I'm glad to hear you had a good trip!!!

Thanks Sheree! I know, poor me, no lounge. And no banana bread with devonshire cream. Oh my gosh was that good stuff. I gained three pounds off of afternoon tea service alone.:rotfl:

Welcome back, Jodi! The end of any vacation is a horrible feeling! I'm never ready to come home. Can't wait for all the details.
Thanks Dawn!:goodvibes I know- the end of vacation is so terrible. You are so tired of being around people and yet leaving is so distasteful at the same time.:guilty:
Welcome Home Jo! Sorry you had so much rain. :sad2:

I love the pic of the kids...gee I can only wonder what they are wishing for? "an extra week in Disney...plan another trip to come back soon...move to Disney and live at Poly or GF..." :goodvibes

Thanks Kim!!
Maybe they are wishing mom would buy into the new GF DVC......:idea:

So now that you're both back, are you going to answer the question:

WHO HAD MORE FUN?
:rotfl2:

:confused3

I too think it was a tie!!!

Great. That wasn't what I wanted to hear. Did you by chance order the Tilapia? I've heard that is really good. I'm hoping maybe you just ordered the wrong thing.

I'm so glad to hear that your trip was wonderful. It sounds awesome and I can't wait to hear all the details.

Okay lets just say that I ordered the wrong thing! I didn't have the tilapia so maybe that would be a good choice! I only ordered an appetizer b/c I wasn't that hungry. (P.S. Don't order the three taco appetizer... ;))

I can't wait for you and Shelly to begin your TR's. I'm dying to hear everything! It sounds like your trip was great, even with the little annoyances like the rain and sidewalk blockers. So cute that Belle is now a little thrill-seeker! It's great that you and Shelly both loved your resorts and got such nice rooms and locations.

I'm dying to know how much shopping y'all both did, too. So far I don't think we've gotten any hints of what you bought. We do know that Shelly was doing some big shopping right off the bat.

So I know the Gators won their first game - the one y'all went to - but I don't know who y'all played this weekend. How's it going with Mus-chomp so far? Was it fun going to the game?

I hope it's not too bad getting back into the regular routine. Maybe you can put your Disney music back on tomorrow when the kids are at school and feel like you're kind of still there!

Hi teri! I can't believe your DD has a new Beau!!! How exciting!! How scary!! How fun!! How stressful! I'm so glad you and your DH really like the fellow. It's so hard for parents, especially if you see things in the person that your child is blinded to. But it sounds like she has chosen wisely. I wish them the best!:lovestruc

Getting back to Gainesville was so nice! We had such a wonderful time tailgating and going into the Swamp was fun as always. Now I just have to get used to seeing Muschomp and... gulp.... Charlie Weis on the sidelines. That's the hard one for me.
This past Saturday we played UAB -- this week is Tennessee. Dooley's coming to the Swamp for his first game there. Should be fun, wish we were there. Who are you guys playing?

You guys aren't gonna believe what I bought!!!! Are you ready for this?

Nada. Zip, zilch, nothing. Bought a shirt at the University bookstore and that was it for 10 days. Can you believe it?????? I was so proud of myself. I just didn't see anything I had to have. Strange, and unlike me, I know.:lmao:

Okay time to clean up this place. I left it so clean and the kids came home and ruined it all in one day.:eek:

You guys aren't gonna believe what I bought!!!! Are you ready for this?

Nada. Zip, zilch, nothing. Bought a shirt at the University bookstore and that was it for 10 days. Can you believe it?????? I was so proud of myself. I just didn't see anything I had to have. Strange, and unlike me, I know.:lmao:

What??? :scared1: Even after all that Gator/Mickey stuff I told you about at Team Mickey??? Did you even make it to DTD?

rinky...and whoever else was talking airfare...ours is bad! right now it is stuck on $370 RT pp!!!!! We usually get it anywhere between $220-$280...In April it was like $420, then it went to $370--a couple of times it's dipped to $330, but we are holding our for the next two weeks to see it drop, then we will just be forced to buy it at whatever it is!! I have read many sites and from my own experience as well...12 weeks out it will drop and then between 6-8 weeks out again, then it starts to climb. We'll see.

It was me, Heather :wave2:

Good luck with your search :wizard: Hopefully something will drop in the next few weeks :sad2:

My DH and I were talking about it last night, and I am going to keep an eye on it - but if it stays like this he wants to talk about driving. :scared1: I know it can be done. I just don't think it would be super economical for us considering that it's just the 2 of us. If i had a family, I imagine that these prices would be a deal breaker for me and I would consider driving. I still have a while, so I am just hoping that in the next few months they have a decent sale. :rolleyes:

I only ordered an appetizer b/c I wasn't that hungry. (P.S. Don't order the three taco appetizer... ;))

Thanks for the heads up. I was actually thinking about ordering that because we are doing the Food and Wine Festival that day and figured I wouldn't be very hungry. I'm so glad you warned me, although I must say that I am feeling very guilty, as if I have swindled you out of some highly top secret intelligence information. :rotfl: So to clear my conscience, let me apologize to all your future TR readers for ruining the suspense! I would've waited patiently to hear the outcome, really I would have, but my trip is only a month away so time is of the essence here! :upsidedow

Hello Jo, Shelly and everyone else

You guys were a bit talkative today, but I am now all caught up, my back went out this am so I have been taking it easy on the couch with the heating pad most of the day.

Can not wait to read your review of GF Jo

It was me, Heather :wave2:

Good luck with your search :wizard: Hopefully something will drop in the next few weeks :sad2:

My DH and I were talking about it last night, and I am going to keep an eye on it - but if it stays like this he wants to talk about driving. :scared1: I know it can be done. I just don't think it would be super economical for us considering that it's just the 2 of us. If i had a family, I imagine that these prices would be a deal breaker for me and I would consider driving. I still have a while, so I am just hoping that in the next few months they have a decent sale. :rolleyes:

Oh YIKES!! I think it's about the same distance for us to drive as for you...NOOO WAY JOSE!!!! I don't think I could do it!! We use to drive over there as kids and it was bad--and then it cuts into your travel days,..who wants to spend all day in the car (or 2 1/2 days) that eat up Park days!!! Hopefully you can snag a good deal and fly on down here!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter