Who's looking forward to new Toy Story Land?

I feel like most people would be more excited had the final product not been so different from the initial concept art. The perceived “scaling back” from that initial presentation naturally results in some disappointment.

I’m sure it will be fine...just not what it COULD have been. But enjoyable nonetheless.

I love DHS and can't wait for this to open. DHS has always needed more kiddie rides.

I'm excited to see it but I'm not exactly sure when that will be. I have two short trips to Disney planned this year, one for work and one with the family, but am not planning on doing DHS for either.

Good question, John. I was actually really looking forward to it, seeing as Toy Story and the following films have been some of my all-time faves. However, when I saw the types of rides that were going to be in the land, I was a little underwhelmed. I'm sure the theming and immersion is a sight to see, but the rides are reminiscent of fair rides...but you're right, it will give the little ones something to do, which is always nice :) I'll definitely take a stroll through.

Good question, John. I was actually really looking forward to it, seeing as Toy Story and the following films have been some of my all-time faves. However, when I saw the types of rides that were going to be in the land, I was a little underwhelmed. I'm sure the theming and immersion is a sight to see, but the rides are reminiscent of fair rides...but you're right, it will give the little ones something to do, which is always nice :) I'll definitely take a stroll through.

Does the Slinky Dog Dash coaster really seem that underwhelming and/or like a fair ride? Maybe I am seeing things too much through my kids eyes, but I think they will love it (and I will too) - multiple launches, fun theming, annimatronics included, etc.

I agree with the Alien Ride - cute ride, but nothing spectacular (though, as the "third" ride in the land I think it will be fine)

Does the Slinky Dog Dash coaster really seem that underwhelming and/or like a fair ride? Maybe I am seeing things too much through my kids eyes, but I think they will love it (and I will too) - multiple launches, fun theming, annimatronics included, etc.

I agree with the Alien Ride - cute ride, but nothing spectacular (though, as the "third" ride in the land I think it will be fine)

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong, I'll def give em a spin. But I'm a thrill-seeker. I like big rides. Or if I'm gonna get on a low-key ride, I like them to be dark-rides. So yeah, they're a little reminiscent of fair rides, but there's an audience for it out there, I'm sure.

I was disappointed in Paris' and Hong Kong's Toy Story Lands and their off the shelf rides: Slinky Dog Spin, Parachute Drop and the RC Racer. WDW's in comparison looks night and day better. We'll see when it opens. My kids are looking forward to it. Definitely an improvement for young kids in DHS than the old Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.

I'm curious about this......who's looking forward to new Toy Story Land opening and who thinks it's no big deal?

I am actually excited about this, less for me but more that there will be more for kids to do. We focus so much on what the next big ride will be or what restaurant is coming that I think something that is really for the littler ones is great.

Plus I just want to see it!!!!

I do want to see it, and am looking forward it; but it is probably pretty much geared toward children. I do not have any offspring and do not travel in a group with children.

The Imagineers appear to be doing an excellent job, as per usual, and I am especially thrilled to see Hollywood Studios come back to life a bit!

MGM Studios was always so dignified, hopefully Toy Story Land will bring some spark back to Hollywood Studios!!

I look forward to seeing this. It's definitely a must needed addition to DHS. I just don't see it as enough of a draw to schedule a new vacation for it alone, like Star Wars or Avatar.

I was disappointed in Paris' and Hong Kong's Toy Story Lands and their off the shelf rides: Slinky Dog Spin, Parachute Drop and the RC Racer. WDW's in comparison looks night and day better. We'll see when it opens. My kids are looking forward to it. Definitely an improvement for young kids in DHS than the old Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.

I actually enjoyed Hong Kong's for what it was - the rides themselves were definitely a bit off the shelf, but I loved a lot of the details in the land. So if we can get something with as good or better details and at least one ride custom made for the land (plus TSMM is still a good ride) I think it will be a fine land ... hurts it a bit that it is sandwhich between Pandora and Galaxy's Edge as far as opening dates so it will seem more shallow and with less impressive rides compared to those

Like Heidi said I don't have any WDW trips planned currently (planning to go to DL for my 30th next year though) but I'm just excited for a new area and it'll be fun to see other people get joy out of a new, what looks to be cool, area as well. I just wish they were putting in a Pizza Planet that's just like the movie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter