Who's Who? (Executive Leadership)

Paul Rodgers

Mouseketeer
I was hoping to get some help with understanding who is in charge of what, but more importantly, where is Meg Crofton? I understand that when Al left, Meg took over overseeing all US and France park operations as well as WDW. Then George came along and Meg only did the international part. It was announced that she was retiring in 2015. Did she actually retire? I haven't been able to figure out who she was replaced by. Bob Chapek? Who does her job now, or is she still here? I can't find her bio on any Disney Corporate page.
On another note, does anyone have any idea's of what people in Meg, Bob, or George make annually? I hate to be nosy but I'm curious :)

Did yo try Google? And are you sure the main Resorts forum is the appropriate place for this topic?

I'm going to send this over to the Rumors and News board, since the folks there frequently discuss Disney Corporate.

I was hoping to get some help with understanding who is in charge of what, but more importantly, where is Meg Crofton? I understand that when Al left, Meg took over overseeing all US and France park operations as well as WDW. Then George came along and Meg only did the international part. It was announced that she was retiring in 2015. Did she actually retire? I haven't been able to figure out who she was replaced by. Bob Chapek? Who does her job now, or is she still here? I can't find her bio on any Disney Corporate page.
On another note, does anyone have any idea's of what people in Meg, Bob, or George make annually? I hate to be nosy but I'm curious :)
Meg is retired.

George Kalogridis is WDW president.

Bob Chapek is chairman of Disney Parks and Resorts.

No idea what they make annually. Not necessarily something we need to know.

It’s a publicly traded company, shouldn’t be to difficult to find executive compensation numbers.
A quick search show Iger compensated over 40mil in 2015. Salary+bonus+stock whatever’s.

According to the 2016 annual report, Bob Iger's total compensation for 2016 was roughly $44 million!

I would’ve thought it to be more.
Salary $2,500,00
Stock Awards $8,828,000
Option Awards (what the heck is this?) $8,454,000
Incentive Plan Compensation $20,000,000 (is anyone worth $20 million?)
Deferred Compensation $2,893,000
Other Compensation $1, 206,000

Total for 2016: 43,882,000

That's a lot of premium Mickey bars!

Info from 2016 proxy statement, not annual report.

The reality is the CEO has dictated who's on the board and where every penny is spent since Eisner purged most of the executive talent from 1994-2004...

...you won't find that on google...but that is how the TWDC operates.

So the underlings don't matter much...they propose things but ultimately dictated what happens from the desk of one corner office in Burbank next to sneezy...when he's not in sun valley.

Salary $2,500,00
Stock Awards $8,828,000
Option Awards (what the heck is this?) $8,454,000
Incentive Plan Compensation $20,000,000 (is anyone worth $20 million?)
Deferred Compensation $2,893,000
Other Compensation $1, 206,000

Total for 2016: 43,882,000

That's a lot of premium Mickey bars!

Info from 2016 proxy statement, not annual report.

And the stock options that don't necessarily show (market is flexible) is where the real gravy is made.

...and why CEO compensation is 100% wrong. They need only get to a finish line they set...they don't have any responsibility to the longterm success of the company once they leave.

It would be nice if there was a law that said a CEO must remain a percentage invested for at least 10 years...it would change everything and benefit all investors...

...no cash grabs that bottom out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter