Why am I no longer getting email notifications?

Thank you WebmasterAlex for your hard work (and anyone else that contributed to the solution). I received several emails notifications today. Yeaaaaaa!

Yes, thanks Alex! I guess I won't have to show up at your house with a pitchfork and ethernet cable... :)

Hmm...I'm looking right at the worldnic servers - not seeing an SPF record for disboards.com. But no SPF is better than a bad one. :)

Looks like the reverse DNS is lagging as well. I see it at my DNS servers but the notification email for this post went through mxlogic claiming it had no reverse record still.
I know! I have a case open with netsol to figure out why the SPF isn't showing the RDNS just needs to propogate. Once that's all fixed I'll turn on a new system that will automatically remove email notifications from anyone who bounce more than x amount of emails in x time. That should really help keep us off the spam lists!

I know! I have a case open with netsol to figure out why the SPF isn't showing the RDNS just needs to propogate. Once that's all fixed I'll turn on a new system that will automatically remove email notifications from anyone who bounce more than x amount of emails in x time. That should really help keep us off the spam lists!

I've always thought that locking extremely old threads and automatically unwatching them would cut way down on DB data and perhaps speed things up in general...but that's an operational decision.

Yes! This morning started receiving some emails!!! Now if only my avatar - is that what that thing is to my left with my name? - would show something.

Yes! This morning started receiving some emails!!! Now if only my avatar - is that what that thing is to my left with my name? - would show something.

Did you try loading something new since the switch? Many didn't make the transfer and you have to put a new one in.

Did you try loading something new since the switch? Many didn't make the transfer and you have to put a new one in.

I don't think I did. I tried going to the preferences like someone mentioned but don't think I touched anything. I am clueless when it comes to these things. That is why I mentioned the square thing on the left. I show nothing there. Don't know if something will automatically pop up on it's own eventually lol

I don't think I did. I tried going to the preferences like someone mentioned but don't think I touched anything. I am clueless when it comes to these things. That is why I mentioned the square thing on the left. I show nothing there. Don't know if something will automatically pop up on it's own eventually lol

If it didn't come over from the old site then you have to load something new there from what I have read. it won't come back magically.

It won't. Some avatars just didn't transfer, and so far they haven't set up "stock" avatars for you to choose from. What you need to do is hover over your user name in the upper right-hand corner of the page, and click on "Personal Details". The second option is your Avatar. If you click where the picture should be, it will give you an option to select a photo off your computer that you can then upload as your Avatar.

Sayhello

Wow - really trying here. I tried. Pictures from my desktop too big. Need to have my daughter or son show me how to do it or put pictures from iPhone onto the computer. Maybe they are smaller? - thank you for the help. Much appreciated. I do see where I can change it.

If you are not getting email can you post the last half of your email address like @Hotmail.com or @Comcast.com Please do NOT post your entire address!

AOL.COM

Has everyone checked their preferences and made sure you are set to receive email notifications?

Yes, I have done every single thing that has been suggested. I have made sure that my preferences are set to email notifications. I've unwatched and then re-watched threads. I've checked boxes here, there and everywhere and all I have received is a total of three emails since the change over. I'm subscribed to lots of threads and only receive an alert every now and then.
If you are not getting email can you post the last half of your email address like @Hotmail.com or @Comcast.com Please do NOT post your entire address!

Has everyone checked their preferences and made sure you are set to receive email notifications?

AOL.COM

I've done everything that has been suggested. I made sure that my preferences were set to receive email notifications (it was already set). I've unwatched and watched threads. I've checked this box, that box and every other box that I was told to check. I've received a grand total of three email notifications since the change over. The alerts aren't really working for me since I receive maybe two or three a day which is not even what I should be getting.

AOL.COM

I've done everything that has been suggested. I made sure that my preferences were set to receive email notifications (it was already set). I've unwatched and watched threads. I've checked this box, that box and every other box that I was told to check. I've received a grand total of three email notifications since the change over. The alerts aren't really working for me since I receive maybe two or three a day which is not even what I should be getting.
Hi mickeystoontown,
Your settings on the board are fine. I have checked the mail server and confirmed the email is being delivered to AOL. You would have to contact them to find out why you are not getting it
Thanks
Alex

Wow - really trying here. I tried. Pictures from my desktop too big. Need to have my daughter or son show me how to do it or put pictures from iPhone onto the computer. Maybe they are smaller? - thank you for the help. Much appreciated. I do see where I can change it.
I should have said "select a photo off you device" as it should work the same on a phone or a tablet.

Sayhello

LOL - I just went back and chose a different picture - not really what I wanted. I just tried and it worked. I then went to try to replace it with something Disney related and could not. I will get it. I will try again. Thank you so much say hello. What is the scribble under the "avatar" (picture).

... What is the scribble under the "avatar" (picture).

Often that field has gibberish left over from the Tag Fairy -- whose efforts are no longer supported on the new boards. It actually looks like maybe you tried to upload a picture in the "Custom Title" field instead of the Avatar field from your Personal Details? Feel free to change that to whatever you wish -- DIS Veteran is your status, or you can set it to anything of your choosing.

Often that field has gibberish left over from the Tag Fairy -- whose efforts are no longer supported on the new boards. It actually looks like maybe you tried to upload a picture in the "Custom Title" field instead of the Avatar field from your Personal Details? Feel free to change that to whatever you wish -- DIS Veteran is your status, or you can set it to anything of your choosing.

Actually it looks like she is a DISboards sponsor, and the tags for those are handled differently now.

Oh, I see that now...I didn't realize what it was trying to say. She should still be able to set her Custom Title as she wishes, and then the DIS Lifetime Sponsor banner should fall below that (just like you have).

Well I just blocked everything now lol. I give up.
Thank you though = much appreciated.

Then again - now it's there :idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter