Why are prices fluctuating so much??

friedela

DIS Veteran
I am trying to get an idea of how much it's gonna cost us to stay on site next year, understanding that of course prices can change between now and then, but I wouldn't mind a ballpark amount so we can roughly budget. However when I put in random dates the prices for Art of Animation fluctuates from $415/night to $214/night. The dates I am picking are nothing special, they aren't christmas or any major holidays or spring break.. my only guess is that when the price shoots up it's because the dates are closer. Does the price change that much if we book far in advance vs. booking a couple months out?

Like the park tickets, resort rates are date-based. So checking random dates can result in a rather wide array of prices. It might be better to decide what dates are best for you and then zero in on just that time frame for budgeting purposes.

Are you looking for a suite? I wonder if some dates are popping up with a Little Mermaid room at the $215 price while the $415 is probably a suite. Little Mermaid rooms can be hard to get so maybe they are only popping up on a few of your random dates? Just a thought.
This was my thought as well. I can’t see the suites being only $215 per night because they’re usually much more than that!!!

I am trying to get an idea of how much it's gonna cost us to stay on site next year, understanding that of course prices can change between now and then, but I wouldn't mind a ballpark amount so we can roughly budget. However when I put in random dates the prices for Art of Animation fluctuates from $415/night to $214/night. The dates I am picking are nothing special, they aren't christmas or any major holidays or spring break.. my only guess is that when the price shoots up it's because the dates are closer. Does the price change that much if we book far in advance vs. booking a couple months out?
You are comparing a standard room (214) to a suite (415)

yep big difference between a a suite and standard room, one type may be available for some dates and not others.

Last edited:

Something is weird in your search because the most expensive night in a Little Mermaid Standard room is $330, December 25th-31.

Must be some kind of glitch! I went back and looked and it's fluctuating but not so much as doubling. Phew! I was getting worried, we really have our hearts set on staying on site this time and $400 would have been impossible for us. Thanks everyone for the help!

Nope, same standard room.

You can look at the entire year's worth of rates for any given category of room on the Disney website. So looking at a standard Little Mermaid room, the lowest rate (before taxes & fees) for 2020 is $160 per night and the highest is $293. So there's $133.00 difference, but not the price or difference you're seeing. Are you sure at one point you weren't accidentally bringing up a different resort or room type?

Something is weird in your search because the most expensive night in a Little Mermaid Standard room is $330, December 25th-31.
Was that with taxes and such or extra adults in the room? Because on the rate calendar it never shows anything over $300.00. And when I actually plugged in a date in the highest range and asked to find a room it still matched the calendar.

Was that with taxes and such or extra adults in the room? Because on the rate calendar it never shows anything over $300.00. And when I actually plugged in a date in the highest range and asked to find a room it still matched the calendar.

With tax. $293 + 12.5% tax is 329.63.

With tax. $293 + 12.5% tax is 329.63.
Thanks for the response! I just wanted to be sure I was comparing apples to apples, so to speak and not confusing matters more. :) But even with tax, I'm still seeing nothing for the standard room that comes close to $415, so something's still off with what the OP was seeing I think.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!