Why are Smugglers Run wait times so low?

Was there last Thursday and rode 4 times (would have stopped at 3 but wanted to try each position on the ship so did one more to ask for the one I was missing). Did the normal queue once which was 20 minutes and then a walk-on as a single rider the other 3 times. Amazing. I'm going to hate it in Disneyworld when I go in November because how spoiled I was getting to see it in Disneyland with the limited crowds.

A friend went at 8:00 a.m. on opening day and rode it four times, three times as a single rider. As a SR, the wait was less than a minute. I’ll go this Sunday. Hopefully I have a similar experience.

Incidentally, my reservation is at 8:00 p.m. I usually rope-drop on Sunday and am thinking about doing the same this weekend. Then maybe I’ll head back to my car for a nap and then get back for my reservation a little later.

My daughter rode it about 8 times as a single rider. Most of the time nobody was in line or only a person or two. You do miss the entire line though so try to go through the line once even if you wait for the 3rd hour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!