Why cancel the music?

toonaspie

Just a poser
I hear a lot of people who have been to SWGE say that there's no background music in Galaxy's Edge, which I find strange. I coulda sworn there were recordings of John Williams making new original music for the land (and even some video footage). So if the music was already recorded why cancel it? Does it really cost that much money just to play it in the park? John Williams royalties maybe?

From Variety.com
"Yet visitors to Galaxy’s Edge will never actually hear the LSO version of Williams’ full suite... The original symphonic piece serves as the musical foundation for Galaxy’s Edge and will be heard occasionally in various contexts throughout the outpost."

Personally I don't think it needs music blaring throughout the land, the sounds that you hear in GE such as the sounds of ships passing by fits very well into the theme.

NO MUSIC.............................

Does not need any, go to MK for that irritating stuff if need be!

The land does not need it it, would take away from the atmosphere, besides there are plenty of "sounds" there to take in, so no to the carnival music!

I love the soundscape they've created for SWGE. The sound of the ships passing overhead adds to the immersive quality of the land. Honestly, after being in there for an hour or so, I really did feel like I was at an outpost on another planet with travelers coming in and out - it was really cool. A symphonic soundtrack playing wouldn't lend to the atmosphere Disney is trying to create, IMHO.

I'm not complaining about it or anything. I was just confused because I've heard numerous others complained about it. And I had sworn that John Williams did record some new music for the land and it didn't make sense to me why they would record the music and not use it.

Thanks for clarifying though.

Of course, there's lots of music in Oga's.
So his music is still played all over simply not all the time.

I'm not sure why anyone is complaining that background music isn't played all the time in GE when it's supposed to be a space outpost. I know it is in UO's Hogsmeade but it didn't seem right. If Hogsmeade was a real place there wouldn't be music blaring in the streets all the time.

Maybe if it's a problem, they could get in some intergalactic Muzak to play in the CS restaurant and/or the marketplace area.

You're not supposed to feel like you're at Hollywood Studios in SWGE like you are in the rest of the park, or the resort for that matter.

You're supposed to feel like you're actually on Batuu. If you were on Batuu and John Williams' score began playing, the locals would be like "what the heck are these songs"?

inside the restrooms you hear the radio station from Galma. It was funny because my DD and I were entering the restroom the other day and she was like "it's the poem, it's the poem!!" pointing to the speaker. The same poem at the beginning of Black Spire book was turned into song, like an anthem, and was being played through Galma radio :)
You can also hear Galma radio when you enter the queue of SR, it's coming from the radio on the bottom left as you enter the main room with the ships parts

I dunno. I love the concept of Batuu and the immersion, but this is one area where I'd be happy to bend the rules slightly. Hearing some John Williams music just as you're entering the land would certainly help people get fired up. I wouldn't want it to be wall-to-wall orchestral score throughout the land, but some as you're literally crossing the threshold into BSO could be cool.

I dunno. I love the concept of Batuu and the immersion, but this is one area where I'd be happy to bend the rules slightly. Hearing some John Williams music just as you're entering the land would certainly help people get fired up. I wouldn't want it to be wall-to-wall orchestral score throughout the land, but some as you're literally crossing the threshold into BSO could be cool.
I agree. we do hear the Galaxy's Edge Suite as you enter from Grand Av. it would be easy to add the main SW themes to that little tunnel.

Music in the marketplace would fit in. That’s not all that uncommon. Tons of stores have the radio going here on earth. But it would need to be something distinctly Black Spire, nothing from the movies. Not just orchestral stuff either; as much as I love that, that doesn’t seem to be the typical kind of music people in the SW universe listen to.

While I haven’t been yet, I think I would probably like the music playing also. I want to try all the tricks with the phone app and immerse myself in SW, and I get Disney wants to make it seem like another planet, but the music would help set the scene more I think. Just softly, maybe subliminally, and you could still have the ships flying overhead sounds with that, just louder ships flying sounds.

I get Disney wants to make it seem like another planet, but the music would help set the scene more I think.
This I dont get, like when you walk down the street when you go to a new town or city do you hear a grand music score??? No you hear the hustle and bustle of life in that places, the noise of traffic, the chatter of people etc.
Thats what its like in Batuu, its a market outpost planet in Star Wars Universe so you hear sounds of aircraft, random noises, people speaking a different language, different "foreign" food, etc etc, just the same as you would if you came to Europe and walked around central Paris, Munich, Rome etc .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!