Why can't I book San Angel or Liberty Tree around New Years?

DrFacilier

DIS Veteran
I tried to book New Year's Eve dinner at SAI but nothing is available. Also tried to book LTT for lunch on New Year's Day. Neither has any availability at all. Called and the CM said they thought there may be some package coming out for SAI l because it's NYE but had no idea why we couldn't get LTT for lunch on NYD. Anyone have any insight? I am checking regularly and have a reservation finder request for both meals.

I'm not sure about dinner at SAI but I do see lunch availability on NYE.

I feel like there are a lot of restaurants not yet loaded into the system beginning January 1st though. Right now I can book up til January 4th. There is nothing available at the moment for BOG breakfast and lunch and lots of other restaurants too.

Even Biergarten is showing no availability for dinner post-NYE, even at 6am on 180+10 day. This leads me to believe that they haven’t been loaded yet. There’s no way it booked up that fast.

I'm having the same problem with Biergarten on January 3. It won't even let me select that date. Had the same problem with Cinderella's Table yesterday, and today the date is available but now there are no tables on January 1 when I wanted it :-(.

I'm not sure about dinner at SAI but I do see lunch availability on NYE.

I feel like there are a lot of restaurants not yet loaded into the system beginning January 1st though. Right now I can book up til January 4th. There is nothing available at the moment for BOG breakfast and lunch and lots of other restaurants too.
CM on the phone said they may release some kind of special reservations for the restaurants around WS that night? She also said it must be that they were holding off on releasing reservations for some restaurants after NY because LTT doesn’t usually book up this early except for Thanksgiving.

Couldn’t get anything for lunch at The Plaza on 1/1 either. Currently holding an Ohana and 1900 PF lunch to choose between but I’d really rather stay at MK. Hoping Reservation Finder will let me know as soon as they are available.

I'm having the same problem with Biergarten on January 3. It won't even let me select that date. Had the same problem with Cinderella's Table yesterday, and today the date is available but now there are no tables on January 1 when I wanted it :-(.
Weird. Hope these reservations come on line soon. Every day we have to wait they are going to be harder to get.

I was unable to find lunch on 1/1 or 1/2 at HS or MK. I was very frustrated and couldn't believe nothing was available. I feel better hearing they may not have been released but now I need to keep checking. It's very annoying.

I posted this on another thread, but as of today its still not working :(

I have been calling Disney for 3 days about this issue. All the dinner times are loaded in and work. However any breakfast or lunch in the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, or Hollywood Studios are NOT loaded into the system. For any days as of Jan 1st. on. Dinner reservations work fine for those days, (I've tried 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of Jan.) but NO breakfast or lunch in the 3 parks I named. Very frustrating :( Disney dining has no idea why there not loaded into the system nor can they book them through their system.

Adam

Just checked again.
Animal Kingdom Park reservations are now working for Jan 2019. For Breakfast and Lunch.
Dinners were always loaded in already.
I saw all restaurants including River of light Dining package was available.

Adam

Just checked again.
Animal Kingdom Park reservations are now working for Jan 2019. For Breakfast and Lunch.
Dinners were always loaded in already.
I saw all restaurants including River of light Dining package was available.

Adam
Thanks @adamwe ! Just went on and booked my SAI dinner at the time I wanted for NYE. Still can't book LTT for NYD lunch though. I guess it's just a waiting game at this point. I'll keep checking.

Seems unfair that we're losing the perk of being able to book for the whole length of our trips, ahead of people without Disney resort reservations

Seems unfair that we're losing the perk of being able to book for the whole length of our trips, ahead of people without Disney resort reservations

I completely agree especially at this extremely busy time of year. I am getting more frustrated by the day!

I wonder if BOG breakfast and lunch and other restaurants that haven't opened up yet for January will open at exactly day 180. :confused3 I think that's in two days.

They have not opened up Breakfast or Lunch in the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, as of today. I check daily and should have been able to book these parks for my trip 10 days ago. Still nothing in January, so I lost my 180 plus 10 advantage. Disney Dining has no idea why these haven't been loaded in yet :( Very frustrating.

Adam

You don't have to have a resort reservation to book dining. Its open to anyone to book at 180 days.

You don't have to have a resort reservation to book dining. Its open to anyone to book at 180 days.

Right. But we're talking about the perk of having a resort reservation and not being able to book certain restaurants earlier than day 180.

I could not get San Angel Inn at all last week, but yesterday I found it had full availability on the date I was looking for 12/28. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter