Why choose All-Stars

_aambam_

Earning My Ears
I know this has probably been done hundreds of times but I just can’t seem to find a thread. So I’ll speak about my experience and why I choose to stay at an All-Star Resort.

I live in Hawaii and prices here are pretty ridiculous, I’m also a HUGE Disney fan as is majority of the audience on this site. So whenever I plan on making the trip-literally across the US, I usually stay at the All-Star Resorts.

The main reasons why I choose to stay at an All-Star resort is of course because I’m mainly in the parks all day, I’m still in that Disney bubble but not paying more than I need to in order to get those basic amenities-EMH, DME, etc., but also because like I said I’m from Hawaii and as cliche as this sounds, I’m looking to be emmersed in Disney when I’m here and I feel like the value resorts really do that for me. You can see 40 ft characters on property where as at a deluxe resort, of course they’ll be amazing...but you don’t get that same Disney emmersion like the values. Another BIG reason why I stay at the all-stars is because I’d rather pay less on my hotel room and be able to stretch out the length of my stay like 10 nights compared to staying at a deluxe resort for 3. By choosing an All-Star resort it offers me more time to spend at Disney and I find a huge value in that alone.

What are your thoughts on the All-Stars, I’d love to hear your responses. Thanks for reading.

We use to stay at the value resort all the time and I agree they have a very Disney feel to them. A few years ago we started renting DVC points for GF, Poly and BLT and have been doing that since.

The times I've stayed at the All Stars in the past (Sports & Music), I loved the "in your face" theming. (Have also stayed at Pop). For me - the decision to stay there was all about the price point, and being able to stay more days. I was also a lot more mobile and younger then, so did not spend a lot of time around the resort, it was "just a place to sleep/shower" as I'd usually be out and abut from park open to park close.

I would still stay at an All Stars now, for the same "price point" reasons, even though I'd be spending more time around the resort, and would not have a problem with it.

ETA - after seeing post about staying off property after this - I need to stay on property for the transportation, since I don't drive, and find ME, and all included Disney transpo to be convenient, and an excellent "value for the money" when considering the alternatives.

Last edited:

The Family Suites at ASMu are fantastic - roomy, well laid out and definitely worth the price, although as the discounts decrease, so does the appeal of them. Our last stay was at All-Star Movies and we, like Pete, were pleasantly surprised and would do it again. The room is fine, the location is actually very good and the transportation was terrific. It didn't cost us any more than a room on our drive, along 95.

When our kids were younger, they were a perfect atmosphere. Fun, bright colors, great entertainment around the pool. They mentioned that the resort was "big", but I think it's one of the smallest, the only one smaller is French Quarter.

Recent (first) stay at All Star Sports-we stayed there due to last minute trip and price. I didn't really expect to like it, but we weren't going to be spending time at resort anyway. But we ended up really enjoying the resort!. Yes lots of kids/groups, but didn't really bother us. The beds were really comfortable - for me anyway I haven't had a bad or uncomfortable bed at Disney-except at Saratoga Springs. Didn't think the walk to bus/lobby etc was bad. We didn't use the food court at all (saved ourselves for F&G kiosks lol). The theming was fun. For the right price or to squeeze in extra trips-Definitely would be on radar to stay again. Also loved Pop.

I'm incredibly biased in a sense that I grew up with the All Stars. The only other hotel I've stayed at is Pop. With that said, it has nostalgic factors for me.
1. Themeing--nothing says home to me like the really awesome coca cola stairwell and the "in your face Disney art" such as the huge decorations outside your door.
2. It's a clean place to sleep. Nothing else. My family of 4 are accustomed to smaller spaces and we only use the room to sleep in so size isn't important.
3. I guess my family has more tolerance? We've stayed at the All Star Star resorts for 20+ years and we've never experienced the negative responses about loud noises/tour groups. Sure, breakfast is crowded. But then you can always take your food back to your room or eat in the parks. We are in the park most of the day so we never hear loud noises because most people are quiet at night.
4. Affordability. Seems irrational to my family to pay for more than what we need. I cannot justify spending more $$ to stay at another place that doesn't personally offer any value to my family.
5. The saved $$ on the hotel room goes towards our Disney food addictions and more park days!!! Woohoo!

how are the buses at the all stars?
do they still share? that is, do you end up going to all the resorts when you're on the bus, or do they have any dedicated ones that just go to one of the all stars?

i would think the buses would be the major negative if they do in fact share..do they?

do they still share? that is, do you end up going to all the resorts when you're on the bus, or do they have any dedicated ones that just go to one of the all stars?

i would think the buses would be the major negative if they do in fact share..do they?

They did not share anytime I was there from 3/19-3/23.

good to know, thanks!

Sharing of buses occurs during really slow times of year in the middle of the day. Like 2 in the afternoon and only 4 people are waiting for a bus, they will share. The majority of the time that will not happen, especially during opening and closing times.

We stayed at Movies last month in Mighty Ducks and Music's main building was closer for us, so we used their bus stops. When we went to MK around 5 in the afternoon, the buses were sharing. That was the only time.

this may well change our future decisions regarding whether to stay at all stars or pop...
pop has gotten consistently more expensive, and if the all stars don't share buses i really don't see any reason to choose pop over any of the all stars..

We found the theming of the broadway section of ASMU to be amazing. The fake road and giant signs went a long way in making us feel like a kid again.

When we first started staying on site we stayed at the values. Then we tried a moderate and realized how uncomfortable we were in the vals. For us the major drawbacks are the size of the properties and the noise. More than a few times we were what seemed like miles away from the food court and bus stops. And every time we found the noise outside the door to be too much. Kids running past, folks of all ages yelling up or down to someone on the balcony.
We are DVCers now so we won't be staying in a value again - but may, you never know. It was great to save money while we were learning about WDW.

I stayed at ASMu March 16th to the 22nd and went to a park or 2 every day except 3-21 because I was sick. We had a shared bus at least 2 times, maybe 3. We took a bus 4 times a day so the percentage that a bus was shared was low. One time the bus was shared in the morning, maybe an hour before park open, but can't remember what park we went to, maybe Epcot?

I stayed at ASMu March 16th to the 22nd and went to a park or 2 every day except 3-21 because I was sick. We had a shared bus at least 2 times, maybe 3. We took a bus 4 times a day so the percentage that a bus was shared was low. One time the bus was shared in the morning, maybe an hour before park open, but can't remember what park we went to, maybe Epcot?
Interesting I was there at the same time 3/19-3/23 but at Sports and never once shared a bus. Three days I went to three parks too.

Interesting I was there at the same time 3/19-3/23 but at Sports and never once shared a bus. Three days I went to three parks too.
I remember the mornng one distinctly because a woman behind was talking to her family about if there were shared buses and I told her that we hadn't yet encountered one and that I didn't think that the bus that would be picking us up would be shared, but then the bus pulled up and and many people already on it.

I know in the past when I'd seen/paid attention to the shared buses at AS's, it seemed most of the times I wold see them, they'd be shared between Music and Movies, not Sports. Maybe because Sports is busier all by itself most of the time they don't want/ feel the need to? I can say also that most times I remember seeing it, it would have been during Pop Warner, so that conjecture makes perfect sense to me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!