Why DDP is such a steal for buffets/character dining

I'm trying to figure this out too with our choices - can you tell me how you got those exact numbers of cost of meals? I just see a "range" when I look online?

Thanks!

This Disney Dining Plan Calculator can help determine if it's worth it for you. My husband has crazy food allergies so for us we eat in the room/condo 2 meals a day. For us the dining plan doesn't make sense. If however you're eating all the meals out, and you don't get any AP or TIW discounts then it probably makes more sense to go with the dining plan. Also we stay off site usually and have a full kitchen to work with. So that helps.

So here’s a question! We currently have free dining for the fall and it’s the QSDP. We’re considering upgrading (about $280 total) to the DDP because our little one is obsessed with characters. He will be just barely 2 at the time of our trip so no DDP credits for him. How does this work at character meals/buffets? Can we feed him from our plates? Can we make him a plate? I don’t want to break the rules and wanted to see what the protocol would be! Thanks!

So here’s a question! We currently have free dining for the fall and it’s the QSDP. We’re considering upgrading (about $280 total) to the DDP because our little one is obsessed with characters. He will be just barely 2 at the time of our trip so no DDP credits for him. How does this work at character meals/buffets? Can we feed him from our plates? Can we make him a plate? I don’t want to break the rules and wanted to see what the protocol would be! Thanks!
You can make him his own plate at buffets. Other restaurants he can eat off your plate but from my experience they will often bring them something small like a little Mac and cheese/etc.

You can make him his own plate at buffets. Other restaurants he can eat off your plate but from my experience they will often bring them something small like a little Mac and cheese/etc.

Oh good! Thanks so much! He’s a grazer and doesn’t eat much at meals but I wanted to be sure he wouldn’t have to live off of pouches and puffs and goldfish during our TS meals, not that he’d mind, haha!

Oh good! Thanks so much! He’s a grazer and doesn’t eat much at meals but I wanted to be sure he wouldn’t have to live off of pouches and puffs and goldfish during our TS meals, not that he’d mind, haha!
Yes buffets won’t be an issue for sure. TS meals I would plan for him to eat off your plate or purchase a meal but as I said sometimes they may bring out something :) Have a great time!

Yes buffets won’t be an issue for sure. TS meals I would plan for him to eat off your plate or purchase a meal but as I said sometimes they may bring out something :) Have a great time!
Thanks!! I’m such a rule follower so I wanted to be sure I knew the protocol before I started sharing our food with him :)

Also, if you're check out day is still a park day you are spreading those meals out over an extra day. We arrive in the morning several hours before check-in, stay 6 nights and fly out at 8:00 pm on day of check out. So, that's 12 meals used per person used over 7 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter