Why DEBATES not in the DEBATE board?

MikeScott8

SSR-Poly DVC Member
Just recently added the Rumors and news forum to my subscribed forum, and I am wondering why there are several threads that clearly state DEBATE in the subject, but are here. If I am not mistaken isn't there a debate board for that stuff? I thought this forum was for rumors and news not debate?

Can someone clear this up for me without me getting flamed for my lack of knowledge?

Thanks,

Mike

I'll take a shot...

This is definitely a place to post rumors and/or news items.

However, there are some who also like to discuss the motivations and implications behind the rumors and news.

There are also some who feel the board should be just for rumors and news.

As a sort of compromise, threads where discussions are taking off on topics of company philosophy are labeled as debates. That way, somebody who is looking for "just the facts" can ignore them.

Hope I got that right...;)

There will be no flaming in response to honest questions, as long as I have anything to say about it.

The Debate Board "feels" more distant from Disney than this board: that's a board where non-Disney topics are the norm. Also, there's a different breed of debater over there. Some of us have spent some time over there as a diversion (or as target practice), but the debates here are pretty focused on Disney, with the Rumors and News items serving as data to support our positions.

The debates on this board, to a large extent, grew directly out of the rumors. For instance, when the Mission:SPACE rumors started, the R&N Board debated whether it would end up being a big budget pavilion affair or a cost-effective bought-from-a-third-party ride.

Sara and Luis have tried different things with this group... moving those kinds of debates to the Debate Board ended up killing them. It seemed that separating this particular flavor of debate from the News and Rumors items was a death sentence. So, we now mark the threads that might go "that way" as debates, just as an FYI for everybody, and they have nestled their way into what passes for the norm over here.

-WFH

We dont debate, we just have a friendly discussion of the news/rumor issues of the day!!! It doesnt get as nasty here as on the debate board.

We love romors here because we love Disney and are alway interested in what might be coming next.

We love debates here becuase we love Disney and like to discuss what should be coming next.

Yes, we have 'debates' around here. However, they are all strictly Disney related and owe their existence to rumors, news, or observations of Disney and Disney management. As has been stated, these 'debates' would quickly be pushed down and lost among all the politics, child rearing, peanut butter banning, etc. on the Debate board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter