Why do I keep ordering so much food!? Updated 07/13

Shellbells

DIS Veteran
Hi guys! This is my first dining review. I'm a little nervous about it because there are some really funny and interesting reviewers on here. I am not going to compare to them but I felt like I wanted to give back a little to the board that has helped me plan our trips and kept my Disney addiction satisfied when we couldn't go.

Ok, onto the introductions. I'm Shellie. I'm the Disney nut in the family. I hadn't been to WDW in 15 years and I could not contain my excitement to finally be able to go back.

We did a split stay, one night at POP, which doesn't really count because we got to the resort after midnight and left the next morning around 8 am. Just for the record though, I loved the room.
We stayed the next night at POFQ and I love everything about this resort. This was our resort day and we spent a good amount of time here. The last 4 nights were at ASMU. I would only stay at the AS resorts again if it was necessary due to finances. My husband thought it was fine. I do not love them.

Here I am with some random guy that insisted on being in the picture.
20190522_083009.jpg

Next up is the love of my life, my amazing husband, Brandon. He had never been to WDW before and had never planned on going. He's been to Disneyland many times and didn't think WDW would "feel" the same. He also didn't understand why I was booking restaurant reservations and FP's so far in advance. He gets it now but he doesn't like the way you have to plan so much to go to WDW as opposed to Disneyland.
PhotoEditor_20190522_081903485.jpg

I'm actually in this picture but I look ridiculous so I promptly cut myself right out! Lol.

If I wasn't there he wouldn't have done any meet and greets but likes to make me happy and he got quite a kick out his wife turning into a "12 year old girl" everytime I meet a character.

Onto the food! First up, Raglan Road. We ended up eating here twice. It was our first Disney Restaurant and my husband's favorite. He loved it so much we went back on our last day for brunch before we caught the DME back to MCO. He has also requested we eat here twice when we go back in December with my steps sons who will be 12 and 17.

First up, the free bread service. It's a brown bread served with a semi sweet Guinness dipping sauce and olive oil thing. Both are good but I wish I wouldn't have wasted precious tummy space on it.
20190513_112117.jpg

Next we ordered the Dalkey Duo to share. I'm going to interrupt myself here to tell you that we have a local Irish pub that we love. We always get the sausage rolls to share. They are wrapped in a puff pastry and served with an amazing creamy mustard dipping sauce. My husband is addicted to them.
He always gets a Reuben or corned beef hash if its breakfast time and I always get the bangers and mash. The food is amazing and if you're ever in Vegas go eat at McMullans.

Back to the review...
The Dalkey Duo is battered sausages not pastry wrapped. He almost didn't get them because of this. Thank God that didn't happen because these are DELICIOUS! The mustand dipping sauce is spectacular and is even better than back home. We liked them both so much I asked for the recipe. Which they printed out for me! Our waitress and the new trainee were both very attentive and super nice.
20190513_112556.jpg

At this point, I was getting full. I had ordered my go to of bangers and mash but I knew I wouldn't be able to eat most of it.
The sausage was excellent and I ended up eating most of the meat. The mashed potatoes were standard and after one bite, I didn't eat them. The onion gravy wasn't as good as back home but it was still good. That said, I probably wont order it again. It's just too much food.
20190513_114835.jpg

My husband wanted a Reuben but they dont have them. They explained that corned beef is American Irish food and was used when the Irish people who came over couldn't get the cuts of pork or bacon they were used to. I loved that little bit of history! So he ordered the Boaring Burger. Which has blue cheese, crispy onion strings, arugula, port and pear chutney with an herb aioli.
20190513_114831.jpg
To be honest I was shocked he ordered it. He is a burger purist and only puts ketchup and mayo on his burgers. And the fact that he ate blue cheese blew my mind.
I was even more surprised when he said how much he liked it.

I stole a couple of his fries and they were really good. The perfect vessel to get more of that mustard sauce into my mouth.
Overall I would give Raglan Road a 4 stars for this meal. My husband gives it a 5.

Next up..Goofys Candy Co. and Amorette's Patisserie.

Last edited:
This is great. Don't worry about the amount of food. First you are on vacation and also Disney is notorious for serving huge amounts of food.

Don’t be shy, we love fresh voices on this forum!!! I think you’ll find it’s a very sweet bunch to hang out with!
We stayed the next night at POFQ and I love everything about this resort.

Oooh I can’t wait to hear your take, that’s our next resort and one I’ve never stayed at (or visited!) before

Here I am with some random guy that insisted on being in the picture.
How rude! He looks especially good at expectorating though.

and he got quite a kick out his wife turning into a "12 year old girl" everytime I meet a character.
Yes ma’am that’s what Disney does to us! I bet you looked cute with Merida though.

The Dalkey Duo is battered sausages not pastry wrapped. He almost didn't get them because of this. Thank God that didn't happen because these are DELICIOUS!

YASSSS, we like to sit at the outside bar and get this and beer!

I stole a couple of his fries and they were really good. The perfect vessel to get more of that mustard sauce into my mouth.
Oh yes. Steak fries are the best for that. I mean... “chips” :)

This is great. Don't worry about the amount of food. First you are on vacation and also Disney is notorious for serving huge amounts of food.
Lol, I'm not usually overly worried about over eating (as you can tell from my picture hehe) but my issue was not enough tummy space and my mouth wanting all the food I ordered! :rotfl2:

Don’t be shy, we love fresh voices on this forum!!! I think you’ll find it’s a very sweet bunch to hang out with!

Oooh I can’t wait to hear your take, that’s our next resort and one I’ve never stayed at (or visited!) before

How rude! He looks especially good at expectorating though.

Yes ma’am that’s what Disney does to us! I bet you looked cute with Merida though.

YASSSS, we like to sit at the outside bar and get this and beer!

Oh yes. Steak fries are the best for that. I mean... “chips” :)

We loved FQ! In fact, after an embarrassing amount of resort changes, were staying there again this December! I promised my husband and the last cast member that I wouldn't change again so FQ here we come again! Lol
Raglan really is fantastic. I could eat the Dalkey Duo and fries everyday and be happy! Why do so many Disney restaurants serve those terrible fries that take like they came from the freezer? In fact we're not returning to The Plaza because of the fries. Fries and the ranch dressing is how I decide if a restaurant is returnable or not. Haha

On with the report!
It was raining like crazy and we spent hours running from one store to another at Disney Springs trying to stay dry. It just never let up. It rained all day long. Which, to be honest, we kind of enjoyed since we live in Vegas.

Later we stumbled across Amorette's. I had read a lot about it here and drooled over even more pictures so I just had to go in.
The cakes are adorable and the sandwiches look delicious but I was still semi full from Raglans so I opted to get a key lime tart. My husband couldn't decide so he chose 2. I know one was pineapple because that was his favorite. I think the other was chocolate? He said they were really good and insisted we go back on our last day to buy some to take home. Spoiler alert... they dont travel well.
20190518_111347.jpg
I'm so sorry, I can't figure out how to turn these pictures. Maybe just tilt your head a little? Hehe

20190518_111408.jpg20190513_202230.jpg20190518_111305.jpg20190518_111313.jpg20190518_111334.jpg20190518_111340.jpg

Next up Goofys Candy Co! - I was going to put it in this post but theres a 10 picture limit. Who knew?

Next up we passed the world famous Goofys Candy Co!!!
I have been reading about this place for years and I was so excited! Just like a kid in a candy store. Oh wait. A middle aged lady in a candy store?

After looking at all the amazing treats, I couldn't wait to do a make your own!
20190513_131738.jpg20190513_131752.jpg20190513_131839.jpg20190513_131934.jpg20190513_132131.jpg

This is so fun and I can't wait to bring the boys here in December.
I chose a marshmallow dipped in chocolate and covered in peanut butter chips and graham cracker crumbs then splashed with white chocolate.
20190513_132725.jpg20190513_132829.jpg
20190513_132934.jpg
20190513_133037.jpg
I didn't eat this for a couple of days but it was still delicious. For the price this is a fun and tasty treat! I highly recommend doing this. I believe it's only a snack credit on the dining plan. If that's true we'll for sure be spending some credits here on our next trip.

Stay tuned for Sassagoula Float Works

Last edited:
Great report so far! Awesome job converting your hubby to a Disney lover and getting another trip in for August. That is awesome!

Glad to see you all enjoyed Raglan Road. Your hubby's burger looks and sounds delicious. I'm anything but a burger purist so this would be right up my alley.

We've yet to get into Amorette's (we're always too full) but the desserts look so beautiful. Maybe even too beautiful to eat!

I'm enjoying your report! I've always wanted to try Raglan Road....but I haven't made it yet.

Enjoying your review!
The Dalkey Duo is battered sausages not pastry wrapped. He almost didn't get them because of this. Thank God that didn't happen because these are DELICIOUS

You know we’ve never eaten at Raglan Road because like y’all we have our own favorite Irish pub at home. BUT these look so good! We might have to cheat on our usual place!

On with the report!
It was raining like crazy and we spent hours running from one store to another at Disney Springs trying to stay dry. It just never let up. It rained all day long. Which, to be honest, we kind of enjoyed since we live in Vegas.

Later we stumbled across Amorette's. I had read a lot about it here and drooled over even more pictures so I just had to go in.
The cakes are adorable and the sandwiches look delicious but I was still semi full from Raglans so I opted to get a key lime tart. My husband couldn't decide so he chose 2. I know one was pineapple because that was his favorite. I think the other was chocolate? He said they were really good and insisted we go back on our last day to buy some to take home. Spoiler alert... they dont travel well.
View attachment 408926
I'm so sorry, I can't figure out how to turn these pictures. Maybe just tilt your head a little? Hehe

View attachment 408927View attachment 408928View attachment 408929View attachment 408930View attachment 408931View attachment 408932

Next up Goofys Candy Co! - I was going to put it in this post but theres a 10 picture limit. Who knew?
great pics and review

Hi there, loving the food reviews so far and looking forward to reading more :thumbsup2

I’m thinking about eating at Raglan Road on arrival night for my upcoming trip.

Oh my, I can’t wait to re-visit Goofy’s Candy Co. Your pictures look amazing!

How did I not know about creating your own treats are Goody's Candy Co? So fun! We haven't made it to Raglan Road, it's always a contender, but never makes the cut. Great report so far!

That bee cake at Amorette’s is sooooo cute! One day I will commit to a full size one. Maybe if we have another trip with a lot of people. I really like their mini cakes. They travel ok if you don’t cut them first because the fondant keeps everything together.

Goofy’s Candy co is fun to watch even if you don’t make your own treat! I need to do that one day but obviously my love of Amorette’s and the sprinkles ice cream sandwich has kept me from it. Good idea just to take it with you!

Hi guys! This is my first dining review. I'm a little nervous about it because there are some really funny and interesting reviewers on here. I am not going to compare to them but I felt like I wanted to give back a little to the board that has helped me plan our trips and kept my Disney addiction satisfied when we couldn't go.

Welcome! I’m not very funny, and sometimes I’ll just disappear from the Boards for months - and people still read my dining reviews- it’s a really amazing group of people here :lovestruc

Onto the food! First up, Raglan Road. We ended up eating here twice. It was our first Disney Restaurant and my husband's favorite. He loved it so much we went back on our last day for brunch before we caught the DME back to MCO. He has also requested we eat here twice when we go back in December with my steps sons who will be 12 and 17.

My husband has already been talking about trying to fit Raglan Road into our dining plans for our next trip (which is still over two years away haha). I’ll have to make sure he sees your review!

On with the report!

View attachment 408926

View attachment 408927View attachment 408928View attachment 408929View attachment 408930View attachment 408931View attachment 408932

Yum! We love Amorettes!

Looking forward to following along with the rest of your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter