Why Do I Throw Up After Eating Beef??***UPDATE Pg. 2***

All I know is I would kill to be able to eat those foods & still manage to lose the 20 lbs in your ticker. Good for you on the weight loss while previously keeping the food down.

LOL- I would probably lose weight faster if I wasn't eating burgers and hot wings...;) FYI - I had cheese pizza for lunch with no problems.

I was a vegetarian for two years. When I started eating meat again I found that pork and beef made me very nauseous and sometimes sick. After doing some research, and ruling out the possibility of foodpoisoning, it seems that if your system is not used to certain meat it has a hard time processing it (I feel fine with chicken and fish although I still only eat those maybe once a week or every other week). My brother started only eating beef once a week and now he gets sick too. That's what his doctor told him though. Not everyone's systems react the same. Or maybe it has something to do with the level of anti-biotics/hormones that was in the meat.

Well, I finally got tired of throwing up and went to the Dr. He thinks it is reflux - not acid reflux, just reflux. I have to have some tests and go back to the Dr. in a couple of weeks.

Well, I finally got tired of throwing up and went to the Dr. He thinks it is reflux - not acid reflux, just reflux. I have to have some tests and go back to the Dr. in a couple of weeks.

Makes sense to me. Like I said earlier, beef is one of my trigger foods for reflux. Spicy foods will do it sometimes, too. Hope you get it figured out for sure & taken care of soon! :thumbsup2

TMI I know so look away if you must;) but I get diarrhea after eating beef, just doesn't agree with me so maybe it is that simple...

I've had that problem recently when I eat steak. I can eat a hamburger with no problem, but everytime I eat steak, I have diarrhea the next day. Bummer!

When my grandson was in boot camp six years ago, he told me they weren't allowed any candy or treats until later on in their training. He was never big on candy, but a lot of his fellow Marines went and bought their first candy in weeks and most of them threw up after eating it because their systems had changed. I suppose that would happend with just about any food you're not used to. It could be the meat, the fat/grease, or whatever your system wasn't used to.

my DBIL has recently had issues with eating steak. i don't know what it is, but the last two times he's had steak, he has to be brough to the ER. he feels like it gets stuck in his throat, so he feels like he needs to throw up to get it out.

he hasn't gone for his testing yet, but everyone is assuming it's some sort of allergy, and that his throat closes up when he starts eating.

i'd go to the doctor and get it checked out if i were you. it very well could be some sort of allergy.

This is what happens to a friend of mine - but only since having cut red meat out of her diet completely.. She just can't tolerate it now..

Since yours came on suddenly, it's probably something you should speak to your doctor about.. Sudden issues with certain foods can sometimes be a symptom of health issues that you aren't even aware of..

Good luck! :goodvibes

I had the same problem, vomiting after eating beef. The vomiting was at times so powerful that I had bruising on my face from the strain. Then it progressed and I started having problems with some chicken, even fruit. It started a few years back and today is the 1st time I had a roast beef without vomiting. I had seen my regular doctor, allergist and another eating disorder doctor without success. The other day I had seen my gastro doctor and he wasn't concerned or worried but suggest that he would like to look down into my stomach. What he found was the ring of muscle that closes the opening between the esophagus and the stomach wasn't opening enough. He did a procedure that stretched the muscle. No problems eating anymore. I'm sure that it will probably come back in a few years but the procedure was painless and very easy. I hope this helps.

When my grandson was in boot camp six years ago, he told me they weren't allowed any candy or treats until later on in their training. He was never big on candy, but a lot of his fellow Marines went and bought their first candy in weeks and most of them threw up after eating it because their systems had changed. I suppose that would happend with just about any food you're not used to. It could be the meat, the fat/grease, or whatever your system wasn't used to.

I was on a pretty strict diet several years ago and cut out most fat (other than what was in things like Healthy Choice dinners, etc.) While on a trip for an away meet with the swim team, we went to a pizza place in Chicago. I ate cheese pizza and promptly threw up afterward. Was sick for days after that. (And it wasn't food poisoning; I was one of 3 or 4 people who ate that pizza and everybody else was fine. I just couldn't deal with the fat after going without for so long.)

:confused:Last Wednesday, I threw up after eating hamburgers for dinner. I had chicken for dinner Thursday - didn't throw up. Friday: roast beef sandwich - threw it up. Saturday: steak fajitas - threw those up. Sunday: Orange chicken - didn't throw up. Sunday night snack: 2 Krystals - threw those up. Monday: Hot wings - didn't throw up. What is going on? Do I have some weird stomach flu that only makes me sick when I eat beef?!? Sometimes I have felt feverish/queasy but not like I have experienced with other flu bugs. :confused:

:confused:Last Wednesday, I threw up after eating hamburgers for dinner. I had chicken for dinner Thursday - didn't throw up. Friday: roast beef sandwich - threw it up. Saturday: steak fajitas - threw those up. Sunday: Orange chicken - didn't throw up. Sunday night snack: 2 Krystals - threw those up. Monday: Hot wings - didn't throw up. What is going on? Do I have some weird stomach flu that only makes me sick when I eat beef?!? Sometimes I have felt feverish/queasy but not like I have experienced with other flu bugs. :confused:

What Fast Food Restaurants, and even classy high scale restarurants, Deli Meats at grocery stores, and lots of other of our food providers DO NOT tell You is that they are using something called Meat Glue/ Glutenaise. An enzyme made from pigs blood, cows blood, or the other way they creat this poison is by culturing bacteria also very bad for You. It is created by Ajinomoto Company of Japan. Although this meat glue is banned by the Eu and in Japan, they have no quams about poisoning us with it.
They take unusable scraps of meat, beef, chicken, fish, s hell fish and roll them together in plastic wrap. Then sprinkle the white pigs blood or cows blood powder over the meat and in the moring you have a prime cut of beef that even the experts have trouble telling it from the real thing. So they can get You to eat meat scraps and pay top dollar thinking You are getting a Prime Cut of Beef.
I too am allergic to this and throw up within 3 minutes of injesting it. This also presents itself as Gluten sensitivity because of the massive amounts of this gluten enzyme cousin put in our meat supply. I buy only grass fed organic meat and never throw up.
The second I test fast food beef I throw up immediately. Ajinomoto is also the wonderful company that brought us MSG.

Oh, I forgot to mention Researchers are now finding Meat Glue in Diseased Tissues. Which proves they have been poisoning us like this for quite a while. They are finding a meat glue signature in Cataracts, diseased stomach tissues, and a meat glue signature in many tumors and cancers.

ZOMBIE ALERT!!!!!!!

Oh fun, a brand new poster bumps an eight year old thread to spout off about conspiracy theories.

I'm pretty sure it's not against DIS rules to bump up an old post. Before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, meat glue is a real thing, not a conspiracy theory and has been around for at least a decade. Old news.

Bummer that the OP hasn't posted in a couple years. I'd like to hear how this went over time.

I'm pretty sure it's not against DIS rules to bump up an old post. Before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, meat glue is a real thing, not a conspiracy theory and has been around for at least a decade. Old news.

Huh. I never said it was against the rules; yes, "meat glue" is a real thing; yes, it is very old news; and her ranting about it the way she did puts her clearly into the conspiracy theorist category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter