Why do you bring alcohol?

I second the recommendation for Bali Hai, one of my favorites. Get the Mai Tai and stop for wine on the way back!

Just beware. Their Mai Tai is known in the tiki community as one of the, if not *the* strongest Mai Tais in all of tikidom. It's a killer. I had two at Tiki Oasis Thursday in 2011 and had to take a serious breather before I could drive back to the Hanalei, and I had to stop for some In-N-Out on the way.

But I didn't think you could take boxes on board.

You can't. That was a general statement. In the future, if you like the Chuck, you can buy the exact same wine in a box instead and probably pay even less.

TSA will allow you to carry-on a corkscrew, so long as it does not include a tiny blade to cut the label over the cork. It sounds crazy, but that is the official rule the last time I checked.

-Paul

Room service will bring you wine glasses and a corkscrew for free. But I suggest you add an All Hands on Deck platter...

Just to note... the corkscrew room service will provide is one of the cheap ones where the plastic cover over the screw inserts into the top to make a handle. You have to be able to physically pull the cork out without the corkscrew providing any leverage. If you think you would have trouble with that, then it might be best to pack your own. As previously posted, you can take a corkscrew which doesn't include a blade in your carry on, or put it in your checked luggage.

And I will second the recommendation to add an All Hands on Deck platter to the order for wine glasses and corkscrew. One of my favorite things to do is sit on the veranda in the afternoon with the AHOD platter and a glass of wine.

Room service will bring you wine glasses and a corkscrew for free. But I suggest you add an All Hands on Deck platter...
Good information to know! I purchased a glass of wine on my last cruise just so I'd have a wine glass.

TSA will allow you to carry-on a corkscrew, so long as it does not include a tiny blade to cut the label over the cork. It sounds crazy, but that is the official rule the last time I checked.

-Paul
True. They do sell ones with TSA approved foil cutters.

I am just not a big drinker. I don't drink at home, can't stand beer, wine gives me a horrible headache :headache:. But occasionally when on the cruise I will find the nearest Jamaican bartender to make me a dirty banana. :drinking:They are not on the menu but they seem happy enough to make me one or two a cruise. They only charge me about $5 for them so I think that is completely reasonable. I don't bring any alcohol on board obviously now with the new rules. Probably would not even bother if they still allowed liquor on. I am a bit of a control freak and really do not like the feeling being drunk gives me. Weird I know. Plus I have to have plenty of food in my belly before I can drink anything otherwise my stomach feels like it is being eaten from the inside out. So no pre-dinner drinks for me ever.

I am just not a big drinker. I don't drink at home, can't stand beer, wine gives me a horrible headache :headache:. But occasionally when on the cruise I will find the nearest Jamaican bartender to make me a dirty banana. :drinking:They are not on the menu but they seem happy enough to make me one or two a cruise. They only charge me about $5 for them so I think that is completely reasonable. I don't bring any alcohol on board obviously now with the new rules. Probably would not even bother if they still allowed liquor on. I am a bit of a control freak and really do not like the feeling being drunk gives me. Weird I know. Plus I have to have plenty of food in my belly before I can drink anything otherwise my stomach feels like it is being eaten from the inside out. So no pre-dinner drinks for me ever.

What is a dirty banana?

Are you still able to bring liquor in your carry on? The last cruise we were on this was allowed.

Are you still able to bring liquor in your carry on? The last cruise we were on this was allowed.

No. The alcohol policy changed a few years ago. You are allowed 2 bottles of wine OR 6 beers per adult (21+) at embarkation and at each port. No hard liquor at all. And the wine or beer still needs to be in your carry on.

Thank you!! Can you still buy it on board at the Duty Free Shop? Would you be allowed to consume it after you buy it?

Thank you!! Can you still buy it on board at the Duty Free Shop? Would you be allowed to consume it after you buy it?

I believe* you can still buy it onboard, but you can't consume it until after you have disembarked. They will hold it for you to pick up on the last morning before you exit the ship.

*I'm saying "I believe" because I did read at one point that DCL was doing away with their onboard duty-free alcohol shops. I don't know if that has come to fruition or not.

And anything, past the beer and wine that you are allowed to have, that you buy at the ports like a bottle of rum, they will keep until the end of your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter