Why do you bring alcohol?

I'm not a wine snob but I have my favorite reisling (that they do have at disney parks but it is the same for a glass as I pay for a whole bottle) and they don't have it onboard so I will probably bring a couple of bottles of my favorite.

I will probably skip drinking in the dining rooms since I had sleeve surgery and I'm not supposed to drink and eat at the same time (i get around that by pre-liquoring up while waiting for dinner to come, but that would be even better done in the stateroom). While I COULD drink more than 2 bottles in a week I probably don't want to spend a very expensive vacation plastered off my butt, so 1-2 glasses a night is plenty. I'll probably have a few cocktails and do some tastings as well at other times of the day.

Agreed that it is mostly about saving the Disney markup but also the pleasure of sitting on my verandah and enjoying a glass of wine when i feel like it.

Because I'm cheap and I can. It's good to keep in the room. We've also bought the in room delivery - can sign up ahead of time, that works too.

To each their own. life's in the Western Hemisphere is beautiful like that.
Most of the cheaper <$30 a bottle wines at DCL (whether a package, bottle or glass) are just flavored vinegar.
corkage fee is $20 a bottle if you byo. not ridiculous if you bring a good wine, imo.
I'm all for ppl drinking even $3 a bottle/bag wine (yes, it exists), but for me life's too short to do that.
i guess I'm just not a wine snob. I've never considered the length of my life when purchasing a bottle of wine. I've drank apple cider for upset stomach and trust me none of the wines I drink taste like that god awful stuff.

I see lots of people paying 8 dollars for beer that cost one dollar in a grocery store. The huge mark up isn't exclusive to wine. I paid 22.00 dollars for a margarita in Epcot once. I expect to over pay for drinks when I'm on a cruise or staying at a resort. There's just no way around it unless you don't drink. I budget a certain amount for drinks when I'm on vacation and don't worry about it.

I swing by the bar and grab a clean wine glass, fill it up and carry it to dinner. This is not uncommon as people stop by a bar to grab a drink before dinner and walk to dinner with it in their hand. No one cares where you got the wine.
Yes I've done that too. My husband and I enjoy getting a bottle and having a leisurely dinner. My kids usually dine and dash. I've taken a couple of cruises with just my kids and done exactly what you stated. I really like the drink packages they have on Royal and Carnival. I wish DCL would offer those.

Just realize that even if you directly hand the unopened bottles of wine to your cabin host(ess), they cannot accept them. They will most likely say thank you to spare your feelings, but they are required to open them and dump them. Same is true for any alcohol left in the cabin when you disembark, whether sealed or open.

We have in the past given Wine to our Steward and he has had us write a little note saying that we gave it to him as a gift. apparently this allows them to keep it. :3dglasses

We have given wine to our Concierge hosts and offered them unopened liquor back when it was allowed. They couldn't take the liquor, but they were able to accept the wine.

Dh brought two 6 packs. One for him and 1 for me. Though he was the one drinking them. At each port we would do the same as he wanted to try beers from different places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter