Why do you disney?

BeyondNeverland

Assistant to Edna Mode
Just one of those days where it feels like it's just you.
No friends to call or text cause they are busy, not so close with parents, siblings are gone, even at the moment feeling like significant other wont understand.... is why aside from God ... is also why I turn yo Disney for comfort. Engaging myself with Disney just make s me happy. The movies let me escape into different worlds and avoid this one. Where I focus on the stories instead of the negative thoughts in my head . This is why I Disney .
Why do you Disney?
💔

Why do I Disney? I think it brings me back to a simpler time even though that time may only exist in my imagination. Imagination can run free and need not be limited by ‘adult sensibilities’. It also brings back some fond memories of my childhood. I also see it as an escape from today’s toxic world where we have so much unrest and questionable leadership worldwide. Also, today’s entertainment is full of cruel violence, disrespectful child characters, and people getting laughs at the expense of others and sexual humor. (Watch any sitcom and I’m sure you’ll see what I mean.) Disney classics manage to avoid that. Lastly, Disney (usually) strives for quality and fun.

Last edited:
Why do I Disney? I think it brings me back to a simpler time even though that time may only exist in my imagination. Imagination can run free and need not be limited by ‘adult sensibilities’. It also brings back some fond memories of my childhood. I also see it as an escape from today’s toxic world where we have so much unrest, and in the U.S., a leader who is as arrogant, narcissistic and self-righteous as any of Disney’s worst villains. (Claude Frollo comes to mind.) Also, today’s entertainment is full of cruel violence, disrespectful child characters, and people getting laughs at the expense of others and sexual humor. (Watch any sitcom and I’m sure you’ll see what I mean.) Lastly, Disney (usually) strives for quality and fun.
Couldn't agree more :)

I agree to a point with the above posters. It seems to me in the last ten years or so that the Disney channel is catching up to mainstream television lower standards/quality bandwagon. Thank goodness for DVD that captured the content quality that has disappeared and the originals instead of reboots.

I agree to a point with the above posters. It seems to me in the last ten years or so that the Disney channel is catching up to mainstream television lower standards/quality bandwagon. Thank goodness for DVD that captured the content quality that has disappeared and the originals instead of reboots.
Very true. Most of their sitcoms, although at kids, stink and the new televised animation is sub par for Disney, for example the new Ducktales. I prefer the original one to the updated one because of the animation and Huey, Dewey and Louis' voices.

I'm gonna hop in and defend Disney Channel, at least the animation. They are doing some great work there. While DuckTales may not be your cup of tea, it certainly isn't objectively bad by any means. They have a lot of very good animation, like Big City Greens, Big Hero 6, Tangled: The Series (which is fantastic) and Star Wars Resistance (beautiful show!). There are also the recently ended Gravity Falls and Star vs. The Forces of Evil. Maybe these shows aren't "The Disney Afternoon" type of things, but they are all quite creative and have excellent animation. Please don't confuse the style of the animation with a lack of effort or budget. Like the newer Mickey shorts, which I understand not everyone cares for, they are still crafted with a lot of care and love for the characters.

I don't watch any of their live action stuff, but I will say that Andi Mack catches my eye from time to time and it seems to at least be a very high-quality show. I know it is ending, but they are trying over there and it shows.

Last edited:
We will have to agree to disagree. I am not a fan of the Ren/Stempy/Bevis/Butthead style of animation or that type of humor. As far as the tween shows, the parents are not respected while the kids run the show. That explains my preference for classic Disney.

I'm gonna hop in and defend Disney Channel, at least the animation. They are doing some great work there. While DuckTales may not be your cup of tea, it certainly isn't objectively bad by any means. They have a lot of very good animation, like Big City Greens, Big Hero 6, Tangled: The Series (which is fantastic) and Star Wars Resistance (beautiful show!). There are also the recently ended Gravity Falls and Star vs. The Forces of Evil. Maybe these shows aren't "The Disney Afternoon" type of things, but they are all quite creative and have excellent animation. Please son't confuse the style of the animation with a lack of effort or budget. Like the newer Mickey shorts, which I understand not everyone cares for, they are still crafted with a lot of care and love for the characters.

I don't watch any of their live action stuff, but I will say that Andi Mack catches my eye from time to time and it seems to at least be a very high-quality show. I know it is ending, but they are trying over there and it shows.
Hmm well said. 👍

I do Disney, since my childhood I have been fond of Disney films, for relatable characters, events and situations, the philosophical messages and mostly for the inspiration it gave me to get into art, draw cartoons and study animation and write stories... maybe one day make films of my own.

I do Disney, since my childhood I have been fond of Disney films, for relatable characters, events and situations, the philosophical messages and mostly for the inspiration it gave me to get into art, draw cartoons and study animation and write stories... maybe one day make films of my own.
I love this. I relate to this a lot . I myself want to get into animation. You can do it !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!