Why do you think CRV is leading the add-on Poll?

alexandone

Mouseketeer
:confused3

CR was C when it was built almost 35 years ago. Now, IMHO it is just o-l-d-e! Why do you think (opinions; not supposed facts) would DVD/DVC pass on what IMHO is a sure winner with AKL (regardless of savannah view or not).

Just getting to MK on a monorail will not get me to buy CRV.

But I'll take a tri-cycle from VAKL or AKLV to anywhere in WDW as long as I'm coming back home to AKL! :rotfl2:

Give me an A :cheer2:
Give me a K :cheer2:
Give me a L :cheer2:

AKL+Villas :Pinkbounc :dance3: :bounce: :woohoo:

CR-DVC for me. :thumbsup2 We like to go from CR to MK then monorail to EPCOT and then MGM and back.

you can WALK to the MK from CR - so you will be able to from CRV....

that to me is a big drawing point.

AKLV is not close to any of the parks. I still love it. but the people that I would share it with don't - so although I would try to buy both - I would have to buy CRV. this is mother's favorite.

alexandone said:
:confused3

CR was C when it was built almost 35 years ago. Now, IMHO it is just o-l-d-e! Why do you think (opinions; not supposed facts) would DVD/DVC pass on what IMHO is a sure winner with AKL (regardless of savannah view or not).

Just getting to MK on a monorail will not get me to buy CRV.

But I'll take a tri-cycle from VAKL or AKLV to anywhere in WDW as long as I'm coming back home to AKL! :rotfl2:

Give me an A :cheer2:
Give me a K :cheer2:
Give me a L :cheer2:

AKL+Villas :Pinkbounc :dance3: :bounce: :woohoo:

They're not passing on either, their going to do both... In time.

To me, ahem, 35 is not old. In fact, it's kinda green around the ears, inexperienced, and it doesn't even know what it doesn't know.

Location, location, location...

Not only is CRV on the monorail and walking distance to MK, but it's also easy access to monorail to Epcot and all the great restaurants on the monorail loop. I don't think we'll spend the money right now, but a CRV add-on would definitely be something I'd WANT to buy!

AKL is beautiful, but it is out of the way. Some friends just stayed there and enjoyed it, but they mentioned that it was just too much trouble to leave the hotel in the evenings to do dinner somewhere else and they couldn't get ressies at the hotel every night so they did room service a couple of times. It is a pretty long bus ride to get there. I think we'd do VAKL if they built it, but only for part of a vacation (couple of nights) and then move to an easier location.

Despite some avid and vocal fans, AKL has the most difficulty keeping rooms filled of any of the deluxe resorts. I don't think VAKL is a slam dunk.

Granted, DVC'ers are not the typical WDW guest, we're a wee bit excessive, but monorail and MK access seems like a stronger bet, especially for those who haven't bought yet. More veteran owners are, IMHO, more likely to value ambiance, which VAKL will have more of.

So, perhaps, new contracts will go more quickly at CRV and add-ons at VAKL?

It's obvious that the OP is a fan of AKL, which is great.

I personally wouldn't stay @ AKL if it were cheaper than the value. It is WAY too far away from the things our family likes to do, do not like any of the restaurants (simple tastes ya know) and the theming is just not for us.

Disney can build on several thousand of acres that are left @ WDW, but being on the monorail, close to MK and having access to all the WONDERFUL restaurants, water sports, activities and etc. that the Contemporary and other monorail resorts have to offer is priceless.

Even if AKL is eventually built as a DVC in the future as suggested, we still would never stay there.

That't the great thing about WDW, they have something for everyone.

We are Contemporary Bound!!!

I would love both. For many of us old people the Contemporary was the first Disney hotel we every stayed at. Psycologically to own at that very place is beyond magical. The Contemporary has the following going for it:

- Bay lake
- Fast Boats (twice as fast as BC boats)
- The best arcade out of any resort
- A short walk to MK (Especially DVC at Cont)
- Chef Mickeys
- California Grill
- Views of MK
- A monorail
- Boat Rides to Wilderness Country (Hoop dee do, pony rides...)
- Only place that you can waterski
- Best Fishing
- Take the monorail and eat at any of the wonderful hotels at Poly of GF

Add that all up and it will sell its 500 units in under 1 year at a price of $110 per point.

When I look at the pluses of AKL, I have:
- Animals outside my room (I know this is really cool)
- Some great restaurants
- Night vision activities
- A cool theme
- A nice Lobby
- Pretty Nice pools

Well, I for one have ZERO interest in CRV both because of the theme, AND I have no desire to be near MK. If I want to be close to something, it would be the animals or my OKW reverie. CRV wont be an enticement to me at all, but VAKL would probably be a HUGE enticement. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, and Disney is about giving the majority their likes, so they will go with what is most palatable for the masses.....just wont be to me.

For us, it's location, location, location.

We love AKL. Love it, love it, love it. If you asked my wife and I which hotel, in all of WDW, we would personally choose to stay in, we'd choose AKL just about every time. The smell, the atmosphere, the resturaunts, the savannah views...amazing.

But we'll buy at CRV...and maybe add on at VAKL down the road. I'm sure we'll try to book a stay or 2 at the 7 month window at VAKL at some point (when the kiddies are a bit older, for example) and see how successful we are, but for regular annual trips? I prefer the convenience of the CR to the spectacle of AKL.

Because for us you just can't beat monorail access to MK and, really, Epcot too. With young kids (currently) it's a life saver to go from MK to your hotel in the middle of the day for a swim/nap break. Ditto for the ease of going from Epcot to the resort via TTC. We've stayed at the Contemp twice now...the first time, we weren't overly impressed. But by the end of our first stay, it had grown on us. And after this second trip back in January, it's grown on us even more.

When I told my wife the rumors of both CRV and VAKL going up about the same time, she looked at me like I'd just asked her to choose between our two (and soon to be 3....due Sept 29th..you do the math from our January trip) kids. But, in the end, after much less discussion than I thought the subject would cause, she (well, we) had pretty much made up our minds.

The day they make the announcement is the day I call DVC to get our name on a wait list for CRV.

Location, I suspect very few think the look of CR is "what really does it for me" so it has to be the monorail and location to MK as well as some great view potentials. We kind of like moving around even during a week or 10 day stay so we would just concentrate on MK the days we are at CRV, then move to BCV for EPCOT/MGM etc. Not being able to reserve CRV would be a downer so an add on seems likely for us-and for sure before VAK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!