~~~Why does a 4 night on the Wonder cost more than the Dream???

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
I'm trying to figure out why it costs more to go on the Wonder in Nov. 2010 than it does to cruise on the Dream in May 2011??
We're booked with our in-laws(our 2nd cruise and their 1st cruise) for the Wonder in Nov. 2010 but could save $100 per person to go on the Dream in May 2011 instead....why is that???:confused3
I'd love to switch to the Dream but I don't know if they'd be up for bumping the cruise out!

I'm trying to figure out why it costs more to go on the Wonder in Nov. 2010 than it does to cruise on the Dream in May 2011??
We're booked with our in-laws(our 2nd cruise and their 1st cruise) for the Wonder in Nov. 2010 but could save $100 per person to go on the Dream in May 2011 instead....why is that???:confused3
I'd love to switch to the Dream but I don't know if they'd be up for bumping the cruise out!

Many reasons:-

With three ships in 2011, and the DREAM holding 1.5 times people that the Wonder does they have more capacity. More supply=lower prices.

Economy is flat

Lots of offers in 2009, = better price in 2010 and 2011

Wonder sales been out a year or so for 2010, Dream just released, so prices crank up as the ship fills up.

Economies of scale, more people to a ship, the better the cruise price covers the 'fixed costs' so overall a better average cost ratio for DCL, that can pass on.

Competition is fierce in cruising.

How recently were the prices released for the Dream???
Nope...Nov. 14th 2010 for us.

hmmm....my in-laws have never been to WDW either and that 's why we booked our trip for Nov. Maybe I can talk them into splitting our 1 long trip into 2 trips.
WDW in Nov. 2010 and the Dream in May 2011!

We always get great rates in Apr/May since many people don't want to pull their kids out of school between Spring break and the end of school. That could be one of the reasons as well as the bigger ship.

I was thinking the same thing.
Last year I priced a 3 nights cruise for 5 (2A & 3K) for 3000$
I just booked 4 nights on the Dream for 2460$

:confused3

I'm glad the priced are lower it makes it more affordable for us :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter