Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Chicago Mo

DIS Veteran
Welcome, foolish mortals, to Mo's pre-trip report. I am your host, your... Mo host. Kindly step all the way in please and make room for everyone. There's no turning back now.

Our tour begins here in this forum where you see pictures of some of our guests as they appeared in their corruptible, mortal state.

Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted forum actually stretching?

stretching-room.gif
Or is it your imagination, hmm? And consider this dismaying observation: This forum has no windows and no doors, which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out!

Of course, there's always my way. (Crashing thunder, scream)

tumblr_mtup3v9ayR1s693wso1_500.gif

Did you enjoy that? Clever ain't I?
ugh i can't stand the word ain't and here i am using it in a PRE TRIP REPORT!!!

****NOTE****
This Pre-trip report is being recycled! to be used for 2017!
The friends who were wanted to come with us backed out things changed!!! Pretty much ignore pages 2-7!

Last edited:
Welcome friends old and hopefully new! I am your Host -- Mo!

tumblr_m6cygdytWp1qeg3czo1_500.gif

Let’s get to the introductions!

I am Mo your Disney fanatic:

I am first and foremost a Mom to 11 year old triplets! I work a full time job for our glorious City of Chicago in I.T.(job #1), a part time job (job #2) , a dog obedience instructor (job #3), taxi cab driver to the many places the midgets need to be- a football-Baseball-Basketball-volleyball-softball-baseball Mom, and I wear my badges proudly!
I love all things Disney!!! There is not a day that goes by which I am not reading, talking, or watching something Disney. My first time was in 1978:

My favorites IF I have to pick one:
1. Favorite park: Magic Kingdom of course! Hollywood studios very close second
2. Favorite Character: Jack Skellington oh do i have to pick one? Princess is Merida of but I have so many! Eeyore was always my favorite as a child.
3. Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Next would be my DH Tom:

He works as a manager of office equipment fixing thingies. <-- Yes I said that. He is also a Disney NUT! (thank God) His first time was in 2010 and instantly fell in love with Disney!
1. Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios
2. Favorite Character: Mickey
3. Favorite Ride ToT

Next up are my favorite littles!
Zack:

1. Favorite Park: Epcot or as they used to say EpERcot
2. Favorite Character: Bullseye and Pluto
3. Favorite Ride: Test track

Next we have Matt!

1 Favorite Park: Epcot
2 Favorite Character: Stitch
3 Favorite ride: RnR

Up next we have the PEANUT! Meg:

Yep she's a princess.. You will not find another little girl in love with Disney as much as my little peanut here. Like me, she can't go a day without Disney!

1. Favorite Park: MK
2. Favorite Character: DUFFY
3. Favorite Ride ToT

Them all together:

This is my little family of 5. Yes we have several animals. A golden retriever named Logan, a Sheltie named Piper, 2 Great Danes- Lex and Raven, Last but not least is our master of mischief Stevie our Ferret. Do you really need pictures of all these characters? If so I will add it.

Here is where i should
introduce our companions!
But i am not going to do it! HA!! Well not until I have FULL confirmation they will be coming along.. Let's just say there might be 7 more???

So now you know the WHO it’s time for the HOW this trip came to be!!!

Last edited:

Here :)
Oh boy.....can't promise I will keep up with both of these, but I will sure try!

Hey Mo! Following over from you other PTR!! Cant believe im so high on the list. Usually im so behind i dont bother saying im here. LOL!

Seriously what am i thinking doing TWO PTR's?!?!?

Here!! Whoo Hoo I'm #1. party:

Loved the Haunted Mansion intro. Way more creative than I could ever be. ::yes::

FIRST? you get the Mickey award!

mick1st.gif

I always wanted to do a HM theme!!! So this time i can since we are going in Sept!!!

I'm in for this one, too!!! Maybe our trips will line up this time. :)

maybe!!! When are your dates??!

Here :)
Oh boy.....can't promise I will keep up with both of these, but I will sure try!

Try is all we ask! LOL...
I know you don't get on the dis a lot. I still have you on the Nov trip...

Hey Mo! Following over from you other PTR!! Cant believe im so high on the list. Usually im so behind i dont bother saying im here. LOL!

YAY!!! thanks for coming along!!! Yes your on TOP of the list!

I love your intro. :)

HA! thanks!

WOOOHOOOOOOOO

Checking in and following along! pixiedust:

Thank you!!!

Thank you for joining!! I do have a lot of work to do here with the intro's and redoing the index/intro pages.. I will get back here today.. I so far caught up with work!

maybe!!! When are your dates??!

Looks like we're going to miss you...again! We did September last year and and again this year. For 2016, I think we're going to do early December now. My DD has been wanting to celebrate her birthday at WDW. She'll be 10 next November, so we're going to split the difference between her late November birthday and Daddy's mid-December birthday.

One of these days, I'll get to meet you!

Looks like we're going to miss you...again! We did September last year and and again this year. For 2016, I think we're going to do early December now. My DD has been wanting to celebrate her birthday at WDW. She'll be 10 next November, so we're going to split the difference between her late November birthday and Daddy's mid-December birthday.

One of these days, I'll get to meet you!

DANG IT!!! That is best for them! Birthday's in DISNEY IS THE BEST!!! we loved it in Sept

I have to follow along with this one.

Good!!!!

I am here to follow along too. Love the intros.

YAY!

I'm here again..I love your pretrip reports and trip reports..your kiddoes are the cutest..but I swear it wears me out to hear all that you do!!

How this trip came to be:

I should start with HOW this trip came to be right?!? Then you will understand the title more.

In 2011 at friends of ours house -drinking- we started to talk about Disney and our past trips yadda yadda lo and behold we booked a trip for 2011. It was fantastic!

Fast forward:
2014 at my nephew's graduation (drinks were had)

Drink_Kermit_TED_2014.gif
THEY brought up Disney, Maria said how they never have gone, they always wanted too once the kids were a little older. Well, time got away from them, and they never went... SAD!

Talking and talking and POOF we will all be going!
Until they dropped out.
So we canceled for Sept 2016- We have already gone in 2014 with the surprise trip of a lifetime- 2015 Christmas and hung out with some amazing Dis Friends! So once they dropped out we thought it would be best to skip a year, focus on some house repairs Let's not even talk about all the closures!!

End of last month (Feb) The Disney bug came and bit us right in the Keister! So we started talking about when, how, what's of our next trip! The kids have said over and over how much they LOVED being surprised with a trip to Disney, OK Surprise the kids again Check.

This past weekend is the HUGE South Side Irish Parade. Friends of ours have a large party. Tom was unable to go so it was just the kids and I (along with my weekend daughter) Sitting with friends who started talking about their first trip to Disney this past year. How she didn't think she would like it... She is now a Disney NUT! She (Shelly) was telling me how she wanted to go back! I told her how we were talking about going back---- well one drink after another and they said they would love to come with us! Our children got along like they've known each other forever! They are a family of 4. I went to high school with the husband Jake - Tom knows them for years too! and believe it or not it's the one wife who i really get along with!!! YAY!

With this... My big Brother Les has a girlfriend who has been wanting to take her son (who i DO NOT LIKE nor do my kids) to Disney. Every time we are together (usually while at a party DRINKING) she tells me how she wants to come too...
I adore Les and will do about anything for him. I like his girlfriend well enough. (we all went to High school together too) But the kid... I doubt this will happen. regardless that's another 3 to the mix! Bring the count up to 12 people. MAYBE...

This is turning into a high school reunion...

Talking of the WHEN:
We told them how I HATE CROWDS, and i don't want to spend my precious Disney time in long lines... Tom brought up Sept being the best time. Kids are in school- it's the beginning of the year so they won't be missing vital learning time!!

TENTATIVELY we are looking at: Sept 3-10!

YAY!

super-excited.gif

My thought process:

Once the bug bit Tom and I we started watching You Tube for resorts.
We want something NEW! We also want to be spoiled~ also would LOVE a washer and dryer in the room. after a day in the parks socks can get rather
malodorous...
The bottom line went like this:
Contemporary- pro- BALCONY WITH WISHES!!! con- they look like any other old hotel room.

Nah...
Grand Floridian. Not our style. too stuffy for my family of 5.
Beach/Yacht club?!?! Has it's possibilities!
Boardwalk. Scary SCARY clown pool.. magical Not nightmares.
AKL! would be cool.

Saratoga Springs I don't know enough about this resort?!?!

End result...

Tom and kids want BOARDWALK! Can you believe this?! Scary clown pool!

Yet we are on the fence with either Club Level Boardwalk OR 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom..

I would LOVE your feed back.

Now you know a little secret about me.... When I drink with friends who show interest in Disney... we end up going TO DISNEY!

Last edited:
Sounds fun! We are thinking about September of 2016 too. :yay: But I don't know if that will work out or not yet...
Man, I would love to stay at the Poly and I think that would be pretty magical for a first timer. Especially with it being on the monorail. If they can afford it I would hint at that being a great option....
On our first visit in 2010 we watched the electrical pageant from their beach and I just remember feeling so relaxed and content there.

So excited to keep up with your planning for BOTH trips!

Sounds like some great stuff so far! I'm curious to see what resort you guys finally end up at. I've never stayed at any of the deluxe resorts because I can't justify the cost since I'm never in my room. Of the moderates I really like POR or CBR. And did you know that CBR is adding the trundle beds like POR has?

Wish I could go for the low crowds in September but it is just too busy at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!