• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

why does Marakesh give 20% DVC lunch discount

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
wondering what makes Marakesh able to give the discount when the other restaurants in WDW dont

I suppose it's to encourage you to try it. We've never eaten there, and it is on our "to try" list!

We enjoyed lunch at Fulton's on Tuesday and we were surprised to still receive a 30% DVCdiscount! They were getting our business anyway, so the extra 10% was great!

Bobbi:goodvibes

The last time we were there, the CM discount was 50% off for lunch. Guess they need to offer the incentive.

For our trip early this month we had to change a couple of our dining reservations and it was the only place available when we wanted to eat dinner.
I was a little upset at first, I am a picky eater..

To be honest it turned out to be one of my favorite meals!! (well Jiko made #1 :) )

I would recommend this restuarnt. There was even a belly dancer too, it was very cool.

Many people perceive Moroccan food to be very spicy or over seasoned, thus they don't try it. Also, the restaurant itself is a bit "hidden" compared to restaurants in the other EPCOT countries. They may also, unfortunately, be battling some sort of unorganized personal boycotts because it is officially a Sunni Muslim country, though quite moderate...Morocco was also the first country to recognize the United States as a sovereign nation after our break from England.

I agree, their food it very good.

Does anyone know if Marakesh is owned by Disney or another 3rd party company? That might be the difference. If it is Disney owned they would have greater discount flexibility.

I never in a million years thought I would ever eat there, but decided to try it while on the DDP a few weeks ago. I have to say, that it was one of the best meals I've ever had! I can be a very picky eater, but wow - I was stunned at how amazing the food was. Not spicy at all! I got the beef shish kebobs and they were to die for! The beef literally melted in your mouth. My family members got the chicken and lamb and loved them just as much. I give a double thumbs up :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I too believe the discount is offered to bring in business. We are about to try it out during our T-day week trip. We had a large party of 10 to seat and my other favorites LeCellier, Chefs de France, Teppenyaki, San Angel Inn were all booked so we are going to give Marakesh a try! Now I'm excited about it by reading other good reviews. I think it is the only WS restaurant we have not tried so its about time we give it its due!!! But of course that is why they need to discount with people like me unwilling to try at first or second, or third, etc....:)

A long time ago I had a book that rated the various Disney restaurants. The Marrakesh came in near the very top.

Nine Dragons, Chefs De France, Fultons, Portobella Yacht Club, House of Blues all give 20% off during lunch to DVC members.

I never in a million years thought I would ever eat there, but decided to try it while on the DDP a few weeks ago. I have to say, that it was one of the best meals I've ever had! I can be a very picky eater, but wow - I was stunned at how amazing the food was. Not spicy at all! I got the beef shish kebobs and they were to die for! The beef literally melted in your mouth. My family members got the chicken and lamb and loved them just as much. I give a double thumbs up :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

That was exactly our experience. I told my husband it would be a cold day in Heck when I ate there. Well, it got very cold last June.

For our trip early this month we had to change a couple of our dining reservations and it was the only place available when we wanted to eat dinner.
I was a little upset at first, I am a picky eater..

To be honest it turned out to be one of my favorite meals!! (well Jiko made #1 :) )

I would recommend this restuarnt. There was even a belly dancer too, it was very cool.

The food was very good (and so was the belly dancer-I'd post pics if I was allowed) when we ate at Marrakesh last month. The musicians, the food, the staff, and the building all gave the experience an authentic feel. The waiting area is very small but perhaps that's how things are in Morocco. I'd eat there again.

Marakesh is also one of the largest restaurants there; they have a lot of space (as opposed to, say, Canada).
I like eating there, but I wish the food were spicier!

Bobbi:

I thought I had read on the dis boards that Fulton was discontinuing the 30% lunch discount. Certainly a great deal if they still honor it. I wonder if it is because the 30% is printed in all those small DVC booklets they include in your Welcome Home package? And the discount will end when they run out of this printing.

I suppose it's to encourage you to try it. We've never eaten there, and it is on our "to try" list!

We enjoyed lunch at Fulton's on Tuesday and we were surprised to still receive a 30% DVCdiscount! They were getting our business anyway, so the extra 10% was great!

Portable Perks are dated. So you can't bring in an older book and try to get the discount. They always say something like "Special Member Privileges at the Walt Disney World Resort January through March 2006" or whatever date range the book is good for.

We read aabout Marakesh few years ago, under WDW best kept secrets they were correct our meal was fabulas. We ordered the meal with several courses included and loved it.

Bobbi:

I thought I had read on the dis boards that Fulton was discontinuing the 30% lunch discount. Certainly a great deal if they still honor it. I wonder if it is because the 30% is printed in all those small DVC booklets they include in your Welcome Home package? And the discount will end when they run out of this printing.

We were expecting a 20% discount. We like to eat lunch there, and the last time before last week was in March...when the discount was listed as 30%.

Last Tuesday when we got the new bill after the discount was tabulated, the bill read "30% DVC discount" or words to that effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter