Why does Sea World close so early?

JellyMintJames

Mouseketeer
They close at 6pm most of the time even on a weekend? They'll stay open later not by that much maybe 7pm or 8 if you're lucky they close at 9. They only stay open late during the last 2 weeks of December. Can someone please explain that to me? I understand Universal (because someone rent them out most of the time) but SeaWorld? who rents out SeaWorld? When it closes no rides are in operation and deserted by 7.

That's normal for this time of year. Once Christmas starts, the park closes 9/10pm every Fri-Sat. The event is also the week of Thanksgiving, and the second half of Dec.

One word. Money.

The crowds spending money at SeaWorld later in the evening just aren't there. And the cost to have it open, paying employees and such, would put them in the red pretty quick.

The last two weeks of December (or in general, anytime schools are out) it tends to be busier. The week before Christmas and New Year's roughly the same amount of tourists visit Central Florida in that time as the entire month of July. So all the Christmas (this late night special events) is open later because they're making money those days.

SWSD I think closes even earlier, at 5 in the off season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!