Why don't people know what they are looking for?

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
Just an obversation not a slam but i was just looking through the rent/trade board to see what's what and i'm a little surprised to see how many people are looking for reservations at AKV between July and Aug????? hummmm if you know AKV is now part of DVC then why don't you know it's not open until Sept?

people are looking for a week at BWV or BC next month. again if you know about DVC why don't you know these are small resorts that sell out very quickly?

am i missing something? do rooms often get cancelled just before the 31 day banking deadline?

again not a slam on anyone I just wonder if i'm missing something.

I'm thinking there are some, probably not a huge number, but some reservations that do get cancelled near the 31 day mark. Perhaps people made reservations for friends and family, only to have them cancel, or some personal or medical problems arises and the keep the reservation as long as possible hoping for a release from the doctor or something.

I had a similar experience last December, I had a severe allegic reaction to a prescription drug and the Doctor only cleared me to travel the day before we left.

Many of the people on the rent trade board looking for points are new to the idea of DVC. They've heard renting points is a good way to "get a Deluxe resort at moderate prices" from any of a dozen or more sources - most of which point them here. They have no idea how fast resorts book, they believe standard view at the Boardwalk means its common and easily available, they don't understand that renting points to stay at the Poly is not a good idea, etc.....

Granted, there are some renters who have been doing it for years and are as knowledgeable (or more) than the member they are renting from - but I think that was always the exception and a more sites and books drive traffic here, will be even more rare.

i'm a little surprised to see how many people are looking for reservations at AKV between July and Aug????? hummmm if you know AKV is now part of DVC then why don't you know it's not open until Sept?

I spoke with MS yesterday and was told they will have 9 units available at AKL for use throughout all of August and possibly more towards the end of the month. People who own at AKL have the option as of May 16 to utilize these first 9 units as part of a pilot program throughout August and all other dvc owners will have the option (from whats available, if any) as of June 1 to book at AKL for use beginning in August.

I've heard the same, with the added caveat that only those AKV members owning in one of the units that will be available in late July being able to book there early. Whether that portion is true or not I won't know until May 16th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter