Why hasn't Universal made a Harry Potter deluxe resort?

huskerfanatic7

Mouseketeer
seriously? This would be insanely popular. Create four sections that would represent the houses of Gryffindor Hufflepuff Ravenclaw and Slytherin and each reservation would get sorted into one of the houses at check in. Create a giant pool which would be the Great lake. The main dining are would be in the Great Hall. Anyone else want to see something like this?

We were told Rowling had vetoed any such suggestion.

Not sure Universal or Loews ever seriously considered it in the first place, but it won’t happen apparently.

It would be a cool hotel though and would love to have seen it.......they would make a fortune out of it......we plan to eventually stay at the Star Wars hotel when it’s built, whatever the cost as my husband loves SW, so we would pay whatever it cost to stay in a Hogwarts style hotel.

I would stay there in a hot minute, but J.K. Rowling won't allow it. Since she has final say in all things Potter, it's a moot point.

I also can't imagine the outrage from some fans who aren't sorted into the house they want to be in :scared:

Harry Potter isn't the crazy-popular hit that it once was, and in 10 years the books will still have some fans, but it will mostly be replaced by whatever the next big thing is. The younger generation will have their own big-hit book series. Building a hotel around a single IP would be a bad move, financially.

Harry Potter isn't the crazy-popular hit that it once was, and in 10 years the books will still have some fans, but it will mostly be replaced by whatever the next big thing is. The younger generation will have their own big-hit book series. Building a hotel around a single IP would be a bad move, financially.

I don’t think this is true at all. There are always kids being introduced to the books.

I think it’s more that Ms Rowling has already vetoed it

It would be super popular and a big money maker but there must be a reason Rowling doesn't want it to happen.

I'd stay at a HP themed hotel in a hot second!
Too bad it won't be happening...

I'm a huge HP fan, but the idea of a HP hotel sounds totally "meh" to me. I think it's for several reasons, but the ones that jump out at me is that Hogwarts already exists in the park. So right off the bat it would be "off" to me to have 2 Hogwarts. Then the theming around the hotel wouldn't be "right", kwim? I don't want to drive down a highway to Hogwarts. ;) I need to journey to Hogwarts in a special way. :) (Now, if J.K. Rowling had worked with someone to create an entire HP World of its own outside any existing park, and they had decided to go with something like this, then I may have liked the idea better in this one regard.)

Plus, and I know this is something a lot of folks don't agree with , and that's fine. I eventually need a rest on vacation. And going back to a non-themed/less-themed hotel and just going with a more normal routine in the evening at bedtime and while getting ready the next morning is important for me to not wind up feeling completely exhausted during my trip. I like the down time. And for that reason I'm not interested in the SW resort, either. (And we've never stayed in a pirate room or a royal room or any of the themed rooms/suites at AoA, etc.) I just need a few hours of non-themed life each day to recharge. :)

Right and they said the same thing about Star Wars back in 1977.

Not true at all......Potter is more popular than ever......Have you seen the Potter areas in the parks?? Sales of tickets and merchandise aren’t showing any decline, Potter will be around for a long time to come.

And with Fantastic Beasts, they can enhance new areas with that too.....

Potter is not going anywhere and will continue to thrive......

It would be super popular and a big money maker but there must be a reason Rowling doesn't want it to happen.

Have read she has reputation of being a bit of a control freak, especially as to what she feels would cheapen the brand. If she and WDW didn’t butt heads as to details of actual ‘land’, the franchise could’ve easily wound up there.

My thoughts are the right price wasn’t offered re the hotel branding

I can't imagine the wailing and tantrums at check-in when some kids find out they've been selected to Slytherin.

Or vice-a-versa :).

As the spouse of a middle school librarian, I respectfully disagree with the idea that the Harry Potter series will cease to appeal to young readers in that age group any time soon. Every year it's as though a new group of that age kids become intensely interested in the entire series. Granted something will replace it over time but that time appears to be in the distance for the foreseeable future. Those kids could easily grow up to be customers for a deluxe resort that immersed them in the experience they enjoyed when they were younger.

I'm not sure how well Cursed Child is doing on Broadway but Harry Potter/The Wizarding World is definitely still very popular.

There is a bed and breakfast in London that themed some of their below ground rooms to HP. They are called "wizarding suites" so they don't get sued. You get a wizard's breakfast included only if you stay in those rooms, and you have the opportunity to do a special potion class if you stay there too. We went for 2 nights over Halloween last year and the kids just loved it. The rooms did feel a bit cramped though as we had been in an Airbnb apartment for the rest of the week leading up to our stay there. The hotel is called Georgian House. We paired it with a trip to the WB studio in London. A huge hit with my HP loving 7 year-old.

I think a HP hotel experience like what Disney has planned for Star Wars would be awesome and reservations would sell like hotcakes.

I wish she'd reconsider allowing this hotel to be built. I think it would be amazing and people would for certain love it. They could have the different houses as a bookable category so you can pick your house or have a slightly cheaper room and let the sorting hat decide. I know I'd stay there every time.

HP is far more than just another "big hit book series".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!