DIS Veteran
Why I love it:
  • It’s a cute ride.
  • It’s fun.
  • It's cool to go underwater.
  • I like the effects.
Why I hate it:
<rant>
  • Every time I hear Ellen DeGeneres’ voice, I cringe. Why? Because she acts all cute as Dory ("heeeelllllloooo, whaaaaalllleee") but she’s well-known in real life for being a horrible, mean boss. Someone I know worked for her as a writer. He said she was intolerable. If you look deeply, you'll see it in her eyes. Hearing her voice brings up those bad feelings of working for someone that was mean and it takes a while to shake them off. I dislike tainting my Disney experience with those kinds of feelings.
I’ve had horrible bosses before. Likely we all have. Here’s my main problem with them: so many pretend to be nice but then turn out to be nasty, often in a passive-aggressive, power-move kind of way. If you’re going to be nasty, then be nasty; own it. But don’t then pretend to be anything else. The nastiness and cruelty bother me as much as the hypocrisy.

</rant>

Last edited:
Okay.....I will jump on the rock out in the middle of the lagoon....Albert Brooks, I have a hard time with his voice, I now know why I have never liked any of his film work....the voice, it has been like a sesame seed stuck under my tooth, it is there and I just continue to flinch during his films. William Defoe was a master touch to the movie and I have had many editors like him in my young career as a journalist.

Ooooh, I love Hollywood darkside stories! popcorn::

In that case...

I worked on a semi-popular show for awhile. Can't mention any names but everyone here would know any of the actors. One was involved in something of a scandal in recent months. That person was the only one among the cast from whom I got a negative vibe. He/she struck me as kind of a jerk. The other three main actors we're very nice and one of them (who's a definite veteran of the business) was especially nice. I recall during a blocking day (kind of like a rehearsal where they figure out where actors will stand and where cameras will be), he came up and introduced himself. Very classy and always kind. The other two were OK; kinda neutral. But the one I mention above? I got a bad vibe from him/her on day one. Things haven't gone well for that person lately. I think it's a bad idea to take take pleasure in other people's misfortune(s), but sometimes it's too hard not to. Certainly it helps to restore my sense of justice.

A bad boss for you is a good boss for someone else. and if I have never worked for someone, then I cant really have a true opinion of them as a boss. there is bias to every side..

Funny you mentioned this...my DD and I were watching Ellen’s game show, can’t think of the name, DD commented that Ellen was mean to the guests. So I guess DD picked up on that without ever meeting her in person.

You are hitting on something that consistently affects me: if I have any negative feelings about an actor, I can rarely get past it and enjoy their work. I’m 46, and I can remember feeling this way back in my early 20’s. I’m waaaaaay better off not knowing anything about an actor’s personal lives. Thankfully that’s easier for me now since I am super-crazy-busy and don’t keep up with any entertainment news. I don’t want to know your politics, your relationship woes, your position on issues... just act. ;)

The main reason I like it is because it is one of the few attractions that are left (kinda) from my childhood visit back in the late 60's.
It's all about the nostalgia for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!