Why is Disney not looking after it’s UK guests?

People are very unfair to Disney. They will have much reduced capacity and will have to figure out a lot in short time. International travel worldwide is basically dead right now and we need to figure out what it will be possible

Some patience people. They will have offers once they know when they can resume functioning in better capacity.

People are very unfair to Disney. They will have much reduced capacity and will have to figure out a lot in short time. International travel worldwide is basically dead right now and we need to figure out what it will be possible

Some patience people. They will have offers once they know when they can resume functioning in better capacity.
You are entitled to your opinion.

However do you actually understand the issues?

Lots of people have lots of hard earned money spent on trips, it’s not just the small deposit Disney has.
Insurance, you cannot just book a new holiday.
Disney have bookings that they have changed the cost of.

Absolutely Disney has lots of capacity issues right now. But that actually is part of the point. Len Testa of Toruingplans believes the hotel capacity of the resorts they seem to be opening is higher than the limited park capacity can accommodate. So why on earth have they not accepted overseas travel is likely to be very limited if impossible for some time yet and just allowed the bookings to be moved on the same terms to next year. It would be a win win. Disney still have bookings for next year at a price that must be profitable for them, or they wouldn’t have offered them for this year, and they still have happy clients.

They’ve had a good few months to think lots of these things through.

I really do think most of us have been very patient.

Alan, I would be annoyed if I was you too. I just don't think Disney will be giving any good offers for some time. I would love it if they do as I MISS WDW trips as crazy and without offers as free dining it is not affordable for us to stay onsite. I would love to book for next year

I just don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. I had to cancel our trip for this year and without offers I am not going to book for next year. It sucks, but I just can't blame WDW for having challenges forecasting what kind of changes will be have to be make short and long term if any.

It's not that I don't get the disappointment, I get and I live it but I can't blame WDW for not giving heavy discounts for next year to anyone yet.

Florida cases are on the rise. There is fear that there could be another lockdown. There is bigger fish to fry than UK & European market right now

I think offers will resume but it will be some time before we see them. I don't expect to see them before October

I hope everything works out for you and you get to go.

However Disney are showing very little sign of allowing the 35% to be allowed to be used next year. I spoke to a supervisor and he clearly had no discretion to facilitate. I even ended up losing the gift card which many had moved across. However I did get agreement for deposit to be further moved to a new booking for same dates if an offer does come out. At that point the gift card would be irrelevant anyway as I’m sure they would not allow to to go over as well.

I still firmly believe that there will be a booking offer of some sort at some stage. It’s just a matter of when and what. If it doesn’t happen by September then I think free dining will be out, but the New Year get up to 4 days free will come out. For my 17 nights that’s equivalent to 23.5%, which would just be passable to me.

I agree with your point about importance of tourism. In the end the money argument will win through, it’s just a case of when for flights. Ot’s the money that set the US on a an early relaxation of rules. It’s also very true many all around the world just will not have the money to travel so they will need to entice those that do. Hence why offers will come.
I agree with you. The free nights offer is the one I'm waiting for too, I don't expect the free dining much before 2022. Who knows what will happen. I remember getting a great deal with a lot of freebies for our first trip in October 2004 which was 3 years after 9/11 and not being insensitive, this pandemic is far more economically devastating than 9/11 and the long term impacts have yet to begin.

I've confirmed my reservation for this November this morning! For me, I feel it's too risky to move the Disney reservation and the separate flight at this time without invalidating insurance. The Disney deadline has come a bit too early to know what Virgin will do with the flight tickets. If the whole thing is eventually cancelled due to ongoing travel restrictions, so be it, but I'll get full refunds on everything and it should be easier to get the insurance company to accept postponed bookings under those circumstances. If the holiday goes ahead I know I'm fully covered for medical issues and I still have the $300 gift cards on my existing booking, which it seems hit-and-miss to get transferred. Cancelling or moving the holiday at this time would be a voluntary cancellation rather than a forced one so I can actually do that any time up to 7 days before departure anyway. And the same holiday next year looks like it would cost me around £1,500 more, considering increased package prices from Disney and having to pay again for the flight. I feel the best thing to do is consider the 27th June deadline as simply a nudge from Disney to those who are already minded to cancel or move to do so now to help with their capacity planning. IMO it mainly affects those whose trips are imminent, for autumn and winter trips it's a bit too early to make that decision. And the £1,500 I've saved by not moving would actually go a long way to a second holiday next year or spring 2022 anyway!

I have cancelled completely my hotel and tickets I had with Disney and got a full refund deposit. The more I hear and read, I’ll be surprised if anyone from the UK will be visiting Disney World, or even the US this year.

From a personal point of view I doubt I’ll be going back for a couple of years. I moved my VA flights to April 2021 but unless there are drastic changes at Disney World I’ll be looking at Universal, downtown Orlando etc.

I have sympathies with Disney as well as every other business, this pandemic could not have been predicted. However, for a billion dollar organisation I think they have handled it quite badly. I feel for the staff but not the business. To be honest, as a long time regular visitor over the years, I was nearing the tipping point anyway due to all the changes, reductions, price hikes etc even before the pandemic.

I hope everyone that is still intending to go this year or even next year has a great time, I’d be genuinely happy for my gut feeling to be proved wrong. 👍

I have cancelled completely my hotel and tickets I had with Disney and got a full refund deposit. The more I hear and read, I’ll be surprised if anyone from the UK will be visiting Disney World, or even the US this year.

From a personal point of view I doubt I’ll be going back for a couple of years. I moved my VA flights to April 2021 but unless there are drastic changes at Disney World I’ll be looking at Universal, downtown Orlando etc.

I have sympathies with Disney as well as every other business, this pandemic could not have been predicted. However, for a billion dollar organisation I think they have handled it quite badly. I feel for the staff but not the business. To be honest, as a long time regular visitor over the years, I was nearing the tipping point anyway due to all the changes, reductions, price hikes etc even before the pandemic.

I hope everyone that is still intending to go this year or even next year has a great time, I’d be genuinely happy for my gut feeling to be proved wrong. 👍
I agree with you. Only reason I haven’t just cancelled is my flights are with Lufthansa via Germany. I think it’s more likely for them to fly to Orlando than the UK airlines and they are already running the Heathrow flights. They are already flying to I think it’s 5 other US airports. If they fly I can only move my tickets to next year, if they don’t I can get a refund and the £200 Disney deposit is insurance against this,

So I’m due in October , I am not allowed to move said booking to next October.

even if I could would lose the following

$200 gift card
Free ddp
Free magic bands

They won’t convince me that the October 2021 debacle is over covid. It’s a ploy to get more money for the 50th.

2022 it is then, off site as there is little left in the way to warrant even staying at a value resort, and if I’m offsite I may as well spend a week
At uni and sea world parks using the money I save on Disney hotels

So I’m due in October , I am not allowed to move said booking to next October.

even if I could would lose the following

$200 gift card
Free ddp
Free magic bands

They won’t convince me that the October 2021 debacle is over covid. It’s a ploy to get more money for the 50th.

2022 it is then, off site as there is little left in the way to warrant even staying at a value resort, and if I’m offsite I may as well spend a week
At uni and sea world parks using the money I save on Disney hotels
The more money is not a 50th ploy it’s the whole year

The more money is not a 50th ploy it’s the whole year

They wont allow me to even book past September. if they are stupid enough to attempt to carry on 50th prices and refusal to allow uk visits for the whole of 2022 then more fool them. My guess is they will introduce some high price day tickets until atleast Jan 2022. But who knows they seem to have daily meetings seeing what they can strip away.

They wont allow me to even book past September. if they are stupid enough to attempt to carry on 50th prices and refusal to allow uk visits for the whole of 2022 then more fool them. My guess is they will introduce some high price day tickets until atleast Jan 2022. But who knows they seem to have daily meetings seeing what they can strip away.
I think it’s more to do with wanting date based tickets so they know park numbers rather than have unlimited people who could show up whenever then be disappointed at the gate to see full.

I think it could be the end of the UK special tickets, but we will see.

I agree it’s too early to assume Covid19 issues will have gone anytime in 2021.

The hotel prices are sky high even for the period they are for sale. I only think we will see discounts if near or full park capacity is there and they are back in a we need you position.

The whole situation seems to me to be a very good time for them to strip everything out and see what happens, if they dont suffer any type of down turn in numbers then they will carry on for the foreseeable future regardless of park capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!