Why is Disney not looking after it’s UK guests?

Just over a week ago I attempted to cancel my reservation and Disney were not keen for me to do it. After a bit of to and froing with them I'm holding on to it for the minute as I really would like to go, if possible. I'm curious to know if any other Brits have attempted to cancel and got the same reticence from Disney.

And that is why Disney has been vague/unhelpful/unsupportive, pick a word, towards their international guests.

It really doesn't matter right now what kind of Guest Recovery they do ; if your borders are closed to non-essential travel, there's no active international vacation planning. and you're supposed to quarantine yourself upon arrival to a new location so you'd need about a month of self-isolation on either side of the border before enjoying your holiday.
Don't feel alone, all the Canadians and Europeans are also feeling the uncertainty of it all...
I’m totally with you, I’m not trying to re-arrange for this year But for next. It either happens in next 2 weeks or not at all. So it’s all very well Disney thinking we can wait, but it’s not as simple as that.

I was hoping to modify my December hotel to somewhere else on property but looks like I can't.. also not able to book anything else in 2020 on Disney or Virgin.. Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow!

We moved our nine day DVC reservation from this September to next February. We did it over the phone with Member Services to ensure the points went in and out of the correct use year.
If we don't use the points by the end of February we lose them.

ford family

I assumed the news about the UK was about having to pay your tickets by a certain date?

Chip and Dale are the greatest glad someone shares my taste!

im gutted not to be going this year, lied to myself past 4 months that it would all be fine... sooner there is a plan the better. Feels like at the moment it’s a waiting game to try and hold on to people deposits and force people to make the decision to cancel despite US U.K. travel not looking at being close to being in place.

I guess it’s going to be wait for a cure / vaccine whenever that becomes available, then Disney will start to push bookings for 2021 with deals.

Feels like at the mo it’s hold your nerve to keep your deposit than getting a good deal for next year

It seems maybe it’s just the U.K. sellers being told full balance to be paid by 10th June as after no new ticket activations.

It seems maybe it’s just the U.K. sellers being told full balance to be paid by 10th June as after no new ticket activations.

I’m really not sure if this is coming from Disney, my tickets are on my Disney package and booked through Disney and no-one has said I need to settle the balance early 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m really not sure if this is coming from Disney, my tickets are on my Disney package and booked through Disney and no-one has said I need to settle the balance early 🤷🏼‍♀️
Disney is allowed to not make its own booking this route, they know you make the ‘purchase’ before they took tickets off sale.

Does anyone know if the cancellation of the dining plan warrants a claim for a full refund/cancellation of hoiday when booked as a package via a travel agent?

I don’t think so Welsh Dragon. I‘m sure I’ve read that a few days ago and somebody quoted it when told you can move your holiday to next year but as it is not a date we are offering free dining means you lose the free dining,

It's only for people who've only bought tickets. If you've bought tickets as a part of a package this doesn't apply to you :cutie:

We moved our nine day DVC reservation from this September to next February. We did it over the phone with Member Services to ensure the points went in and out of the correct use year.
If we don't use the points by the end of February we lose them.

ford family

how long did you have to wait to speak with someone?
my daughter has to cancel her august 5th trip (15 nights) and needs to do so with member services to get the borrowed points back into the correct year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!