• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is Disney so screwed up?

Nana Sue

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>
I am planning a WDW vacation 12/23 - 1/2 for 13 people which is no easy task. But Disney certainly isn't helping.... First of all, half the CMs don't know what they're talking about. I can't begin to tell you all of the misinformation I have gotten! For example, first I was told 90 plus 10 days forward and then I was told 90 + 10 or 100 days out to make my reservations. Why aren't they better trained??? Then the timing on everything doesn't mesh. Tomorrow I can make our dinner ressies for NYE but no one knows for sure what's going on anywhere, (besides the adult entertainment at Pleasure Island and the New Year's Eve show at Cirque). So, maybe I'll try for a illumination or wishes cruise, but no one has any idea what time that will be or if there will be two like last year (as a woman at recreation told me yesterday but then someone at recreation today told me that was not true, they only had one). This would all influence where and at what time I would make dinner ressies for NYE. I am not new to WDW or DVC and I think Disney is really getting screwed up. It is so maddening I could scream!!!!
EEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Thank you, I needed that!

Do they not still have Grand Gathering people to help? We didn't do an Illumination cruise, but it was one of the options last year.

I hope things get easier.

Bobbi :wizard:

Did I mess something up? Ninety days from December 23 (your first night and our first night) is not until Saturday. Then you can make reservations ten days out from that point. It is not 100 days in advance, per se, unless I missed something.

Doctor P is correct, it is 90 days from your first night, then you can make ressies for the next 10 days.

For example, first I was told 90 plus 10 days forward and then I was told 90 + 10 or 100 days out to make my reservations.
Well, I personally cannot determine the distinction your example outlines, so it perhaps isn't surprising that CMs would have similar difficulty, especially since you're working with them over the telephone and so they cannot read back what you wrote several times to try to understand it better, as I had. I do believe that is a very hard job, keeping up with the volume and variety of information people want to find out about WDW, and so I'm not surprised that I often know more about the particulars than the folks who actually are doing the job -- for whom it is not an avocation, like us, but rathers just a (relatively low-paying) 9-5 job.

You really had me scared when you said you had to make NYE dining ressies today! I thought 90 days out from NYE was October 1st and that was when I was going to call to make mine. We actually arrive at WDW that day, so we can't call for a dining ressie for that night until then (unless you have gotten information that says otherwise). It was my understanding that the 90+10 meant you called 90 days from your first day of check in and could make ressies for up to 10 days after that.

bobbiwoz said:
Do they not still have Grand Gathering people to help? We didn't do an Illumination cruise, but it was one of the options last year.

I hope things get easier.

Bobbi :wizard:
I was told by GG that they only book GG events. There is MK fireworks cruise and an Illumination dessert buffet and special seating for viewing but not a cruise.

Just to clarify, I did call this morning to varify that you can only make dining ressies 90 days out. That is correct, so that heart attack you nearly gave me was for naught. I am hoping to get my prefered ressie for NYE, and I don't want to miss out on it! I'll be calling first thing on October 1st!

Just to clarify. We are checking into OKW on the 19th of December so I was able to make my 90 days plus 10 days forward reservations on Tuesday. But because we will be there for more than 10 days that did not cover all of the reservations I wanted, just through December 29. Wednesday I could make my reservations for Dec. 30, and today I could make my reservations for Dec. 31. Hope that's clear enough for everyone...

Thanks bobbiwoz and nanajo1 for the idea of checking out GG. I never thought of that. Well, actually, I always thought it was for larger groups. Sometimes it's good to vent!

Nana Sue said:
Just to clarify. We are checking into OKW on the 19th of December so I was able to make my 90 days plus 10 days forward reservations on Tuesday. But because we will be there for more than 10 days that did not cover all of the reservations I wanted, just through December 29. Wednesday I could make my reservations for Dec. 30, and today I could make my reservations for Dec. 31. Hope that's clear enough for everyone...
Aha, now it makes sense! I hope there are NYE ressies left when I call 90 days out, but this plus 10 thing makes me pretty worried.

I believe that they are holding reservations back for the 90 day mark, also, Diane. At least that is the impression I am getting, and the hope to which I am clinging, LOL.

bicker said:
Well, I personally cannot determine the distinction your example outlines, so it perhaps isn't surprising that CMs would have similar difficulty, especially since you're working with them over the telephone and so they cannot read back what you wrote several times to try to understand it better, as I had. I do believe that is a very hard job, keeping up with the volume and variety of information people want to find out about WDW, and so I'm not surprised that I often know more about the particulars than the folks who actually are doing the job -- for whom it is not an avocation, like us, but rathers just a (relatively low-paying) 9-5 job.

A very good answer and one I am sure CMs will appreciate. Actually many are low paid, and have never been to the parks nor work in Orlando if you are calling WDW DINE or Reservations. They can only answer questions based on what is on their computer screen and if the guest gets too specific in asking questions then it does become confusing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter