Why is it so hard to find a kid appropriate cat costume?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
My kids want to be a cat & dog for Halloween. Went online to find costumes & all the little kid cat costumes are so......racy!

Anyone have any reccs for online stores that sell cute and appropriate cat & dog costumes for kids?

How old are your kids? You could do a cat costume yourself pretty easy.
same color leggings/sweatpants and top, sew a tail on, put some cat ears on and draw a nose and wiskers.

My dd's first Halloween she was Marie :love:

I'd just buy an ears and tail set at Wal-Mart.

Last year I made a cosplay costume for the Pokemon Litten. (Basically a black cat with red markings on the face.) I already had a black cat ears and tail set. I made the facial markings out of felt and attached them to the headband with the ears. Found a black shirt and a black pair of pants. Added the red stripes to the ankles of the pants. Done!

sailorstitch

Claire's also has ear and tail sets for different animals and classic costumes - cat, mouse, dog, devil. They also have makeup kits for nose and whiskers. Just add sweats or leggings/tops.

We did what a pp said. DD wore black leggings and a black long sleeved shirt. We bought a headband with cat ears and the tail that was like a belt around her waist with the tail hanging in the back. they were sold as a set. I also bought the makeup to paint the nose and whiskers. It was one of the easier costumes.

I don't know how big your kids are, but we have a cat mascot head from Walmart. It would be too large for a small child though. If they are bigger kids you could try it. My daughter has a cat "onesie" pajama and the cat head and if she goes trick or treating this year, that's what she will wear. She is 16 :)cat.png

My daughter was a skunk in a musical, and we made the costume. Would be the same for a cat, minus the white stripe :-). Black hoodie, with ears sewn onto the hood and a tail sewed on the back. Black leggings. It was super cute.

I did my own with an ears, paws, and tail set from Claires. Black velour leggings, a long-sleeve black tee, and a furry belt and leggings set made from scrap faux-fur fabric. And killer face makeup (pro tip: Sharpie doesn't smear and will last all day for school parties but it'll come off with Neutrogena makeup remover wipes).

My girls have been cats a few times and we did black leggins and sweatshirt and added some ear, tale and whisker....super easy.

As for the racy costumes, the model on thr package always seems worst than they are. It is annoying. Just add some leggings and bodysuit/ turtle neck. My young teen was a wolf last year and looked nothing like the model on the cover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter