Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies! - A Dec. 2013 TR *Completed

I just discovered this TR last weekend, and powered through it. I didn't even realize until reading the last post that I was finishing reading at the same time that you were finishing writing!

I don't think I sum up all my thoughts in one post, but I will say that your final thoughts were beautifully written and definitely made me shed a few tears. It was such a pleasure to read along and see the magic through Landon's eyes. I hope that someday in the not-to-far off future I can have moments like the ones you shared. :lovestruc

Now I am off to read the next one; I'm excited to follow along in "real time" for this one! :goodvibes

GREAT wrap-up!! :thumbsup2 You summed up the "baby's first trip" feelings so well! :goodvibes I loved reading your report and can't wait to follow along on the new one and see Landon grow up at Disney!

I might have to steal your "final thoughts" format. :rolleyes1 Out of all my reports, I've only written one real wrap-up, since I always had another TR to jump right into (Dec. 2010 was the only one). And I do this time too, but I feel like Izzy's first trip needs some sort of tribute.

Anyway, heading over to the new report now. Can't wait! :cool1:

Bravo Alicia!

Wonderful summary! I forgot how much I loved those pictures of Landon and your mom with their ears on facing an empty Main Street! Just lovely.

And then your mom's picture of Dumbo was truly hysterical. Was that really Dumbo? Just sayin! :rotfl2::rolleyes1

It really was cool to watch Landon light up with the different characters. What wonderful memories.

And it was cool that Landon ended up with his very own fan club. I can only imagine that it grew larger in May.

Thanks for the great TR! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Loved the wrap up Alicia, all of Landon's adorable moments all rolled into one!
What a fantastic trip. Thank you so much for sharing it with us! And I'm so happy there's another one started too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Alicia, I loved this trip report. I think it was my favorite that I've read from you! It was so cool (and also a little scary, hahaha) to hear about all the firsts with a baby and see his excitement in all the photos. He's such a cutie. Thanks for writing this and I'm excited for the next one!

Thank you, Marissa! :goodvibes I think this was my favorite trip report I've written. It was a lot of fun to talk about Landon and all the new things we got to experience at Disney.

I may or may not have teared up a little...

I totally agree with every point!

Love the wrap up Alicia and all the walks down memory lane with you. I feel like we are real life friends.. I guess that's just the power of the DIS.
Hopefully one day we can meet " in real life". You just get it. <3

Thanks, Marcie! I appreciate the fact that you get all the Disney feelings and emotions. I'm sure both of us having boys helps with that.:rotfl:

The DIS is such a great place in terms of bringing people together. I definitely consider you both a DIS and real life friend! I just love seeing all your pictures of Laws and Landy on Facebook and hearing about bringing something that's NOT soda to work on accident.:rotfl2:

Hopefully, one day we'll both be in Disney at the same time. I'd love to spend some time hanging out in our favorite place together. Not to mention letting the boys meet each other. Between the three of them, there'd sure be a lot of laughs and mischief.:lmao:

Aww Alicia, I so loved reading your summation of a trip that can't be broken down into just one moment. Disney is a collection of moments that together create one magical vacation. Your entire story captured that so well and it was a true pleasure to follow along. I'll admit, I was initially wary of reading a TR with such a young child as a focus, but you completely changed my mind. Just fantastic!!! Plus as an added bonus, I got to know you and Alex which is something I am very grateful for. One of these days our paths will cross. :goodvibes

Thanks so much, Rob!
I know there's a lot of TRs floating around with babies as the focus, so I appreciate you taking the time to read mine. While Landon was the biggest topic in my report, I like to think I gave my mom, Alex, and myself our due, too. :confused3

Yes! One day we'll be in Disney at the same time and actually KNOW each other. :rotfl2: I can't believe we were staying in the same decade at Pop, saw the same friend of Ariel on the same day, and were literally on the same street during Wishes and didn't even know it.

Great report Alicia! I read even if I didn't always make it to comment. I found a lot of useful information for our upcoming trip with a baby! I loved seeing how excited Landon was, he's such a cutie :goodvibes

I completely understand about reading and not commenting. You've got a baby, it's an accomplishment to have time and energy to sign onto the boards.:lmao:
If you have any questions about doing Disney with a baby, feel free to ask. It's not as scary as it sounds. And, actually, traveling with an under 1 year old is LIGHTYEARS easier than traveling with a toddler.
I'd kill for those days where Landon slept/ate/or sat through Disney.

I just discovered this TR last weekend, and powered through it. I didn't even realize until reading the last post that I was finishing reading at the same time that you were finishing writing!

I don't think I sum up all my thoughts in one post, but I will say that your final thoughts were beautifully written and definitely made me shed a few tears. It was such a pleasure to read along and see the magic through Landon's eyes. I hope that someday in the not-to-far off future I can have moments like the ones you shared. :lovestruc

Now I am off to read the next one; I'm excited to follow along in "real time" for this one! :goodvibes

Welcome! And thank you for reading my TR from start to finish. I have to say, I'm impressed. I usually get intimidated when I stumble into a TR that's almost finished, and I'm guilty of skipping over the middle parts.:rolleyes1
This was a really fun TR to write and I'm grateful I completed it, because I know I'll appreciate going back and reading it years down the road. It's a great timekeeper. Heck, even seeing the photos of Landon 10 months ago shocks me at how little he looks.

GREAT wrap-up!! :thumbsup2 You summed up the "baby's first trip" feelings so well! :goodvibes I loved reading your report and can't wait to follow along on the new one and see Landon grow up at Disney!

I might have to steal your "final thoughts" format. :rolleyes1 Out of all my reports, I've only written one real wrap-up, since I always had another TR to jump right into (Dec. 2010 was the only one). And I do this time too, but I feel like Izzy's first trip needs some sort of tribute.

Anyway, heading over to the new report now. Can't wait! :cool1:

Thanks! A baby's first trip is incredibly unique, and I'm so glad I stuck to my guns and finished this report before I forgot everything. I know I'll appreciate it years down the road when I want to go back and remember this experience. I'm sure you feel the same way about your report.

It was hard deciding how to do a wrap-up and even harder picking pictures. My photobucket album for this trip had 871 photos!:eek::rotfl:
But I figured hitting the "firsts" and absolute favorites was the best way to go. Definitely steal the format if you want. I'd love to re-look at the pictures of Izzy at the beginning of your trip and go back and see some of your favorites. It brings a fresh perspective to the trip when you sum it all up.

Bravo Alicia!

Wonderful summary! I forgot how much I loved those pictures of Landon and your mom with their ears on facing an empty Main Street! Just lovely.

And then your mom's picture of Dumbo was truly hysterical. Was that really Dumbo? Just sayin! :rotfl2::rolleyes1

It really was cool to watch Landon light up with the different characters. What wonderful memories.

And it was cool that Landon ended up with his very own fan club. I can only imagine that it grew larger in May.

Thanks for the great TR! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thank you, Mary Ellen.
I had a lot of fun writing this TR, probably my favorite one to talk about, to date. And when I was going back through my photobucket and picking pictures, I just loved seeing how many great photos I had from a period of 8 days.

And I have to say, the idea of writing a wrap-up with my firsts and favorites came from you. I love reading your final post and remembering some of the great photos and experiences you had on your trips, so I decided to steal the idea.:rotfl:

Loved the wrap up Alicia, all of Landon's adorable moments all rolled into one!
What a fantastic trip. Thank you so much for sharing it with us! And I'm so happy there's another one started too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank, Wendy! It was one of my favorite Disney trips I've taken, and it was certainly the most fun to write about, so I was happy I got to share it with other DISers.

Ok so here I am again.... Way behind but I will catch up.... because well you are done with this TR.

I thought it was cool that we got to see the back side of main street.

I don't think for a second that me not liking coffee is odd. I know for a fact that I am not alone in this one.

We were having a very serious talk about how I was unable to get a pin I liked from MVMCP. He had the same issue until he got to get a DVC pin. I'm just saying.

Yeah the main problem with the scoop trade was there was some really rude traders who get there and steal all the pins worth having. I did manage to get a cast member exclusive pin that is really cool.

Yay I loved the wrap up.... Its crazy how different he looks his little chubby cheeks. It really was a great trip. Now to move on to the next TR.

Just finished reading your report and have so enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing your vacation with all of us! I think my favorite pictures were Landon with the princesses - what wonderful keepsakes for you and how fun for him to look back on someday!! Looking forward to your May trip report!!

You may not be able to sum up your baby's first trip in just a few words, but you sure did a great job of it using 2 posts of words and pictures!

I enjoyed your TR and your summary was just spot on. I think every parent who has taken a baby completely understands everything you were saying. It is a magical experience, even in those not so magical moments.

Thanks for sharing and I'll head over to check out the May trip! :thumbsup2

And Alex... you're right. Not liking coffee is completely normal. :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Ok so here I am again.... Way behind but I will catch up.... because well you are done with this TR.

I thought it was cool that we got to see the back side of main street.

I don't think for a second that me not liking coffee is odd. I know for a fact that I am not alone in this one.

We were having a very serious talk about how I was unable to get a pin I liked from MVMCP. He had the same issue until he got to get a DVC pin. I'm just saying.

Yeah the main problem with the scoop trade was there was some really rude traders who get there and steal all the pins worth having. I did manage to get a cast member exclusive pin that is really cool.

Yay I loved the wrap up.... Its crazy how different he looks his little chubby cheeks. It really was a great trip. Now to move on to the next TR.

Gosh, what took you so long to catch up. :rolleyes::lmao:
Just kidding, of course. I'm happy that you got the chance to read and get caught up.
Isn't it nuts to see 8 month old Landon?!? He looks so little! And his attitude was so manageable back then.:rotfl2:

Just finished reading your report and have so enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing your vacation with all of us! I think my favorite pictures were Landon with the princesses - what wonderful keepsakes for you and how fun for him to look back on someday!! Looking forward to your May trip report!!

Thank you so much for reading!

Those princess pictures are adorable. Hands down, his favorite parts of the trip were getting to see those ladies. Normally, I'm not one for face characters, but how could I say no when Landon reacted that way?:goodvibes

You may not be able to sum up your baby's first trip in just a few words, but you sure did a great job of it using 2 posts of words and pictures!

I enjoyed your TR and your summary was just spot on. I think every parent who has taken a baby completely understands everything you were saying. It is a magical experience, even in those not so magical moments.

Thanks for sharing and I'll head over to check out the May trip! :thumbsup2

And Alex... you're right. Not liking coffee is completely normal. :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Thanks. Baby's first trip is a really special thing. Stressful, but definitely worth it. But I don't have to tell you that, you've done two different first trips. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter