Why Not Make It Three??? Or maybe FOUR?!?!? Or just MAYBE FIVE!!!!!

So we were kinda running late, which would become our theme for this trip! We drove over, luckily there was basically no traffic, and parked in the Lime garage. We quickly made our way around to lunch and arrived right at 11am.

img_4591.jpg

Ever since this first opened here and the kids were little, this has been one of the ones they ask for every time. We don't make it here all the time but we do periodically and this seemed like the perfect fit.

img_4592.jpg

We were taken right in past a pretty long line of people and led to our table. I just love it in here so there's going to be a lot of pictures...be warned!

img_4593.jpg

img_4594.jpg

img_4595.jpg

img_4596.jpg

There were maybe five tables seated when we walked in but it got more and more crowded as we were there.

img_4598.jpg

img_4599.jpg

We were seated in the ice cave! We have been in here before and we really like it in there!

img_4614.jpg

img_4600.jpg

We were seated up against the cave wall. Our waiter came over pretty quick and we placed our drink orders....diet for me, coke for Tyler, and lemonade for Skye.

img_4601.jpg

After we placed our orders I went for a walk and they all called me a tourist.

img_4602.jpg

img_4603.jpg

img_4604.jpg

img_4605.jpg

img_4606.jpg

img_4607.jpg

img_4608.jpg

img_4610.jpg

img_4611.jpg

img_4612.jpg

img_4613.jpg

...to be continued...

Last edited:
...continued...

So our orders were placed, we got refills on our drinks and soon our appetizers arrived. For appetizers we ordered the
Mozzarella Sticks

img_4615.jpg

They were hot and fresh and gooey and cooked all the way through so all of the cheese was melted inside rather than at a lot of places where the middle seems still hard. We also ordered the
Pepperoni Flatbread

img_4616.jpg

...and this was a really good flatbread! The crust was thin and cooked all the way to the middle. It was crispy but not hard. It was hot and melty and the pepperoni was a bit spicy but not overpoweringly so. We all agreed this was a great appetizer!

We were finished with our appetizers just minutes before our entrees came out.

IMG_9159.jpg

I decided on the
Colosso Beef Nachos for Two

Monterey Jack, cheddar cheese, black beans, pico de gallo, green onions, sour cream

img_4617.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg
Thi

These were HUGE and really good! There was enough of all the toppings..you know like at some places all the toppings were plopped in the middle? Well, these weren't like that! There was toppings over the whole plate and even between the layers. It was so good and filling and I even left some on the plate!

Tyler ordered the

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich

Zesty marinated fried chicken breast, buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles, Texas Toast served with seasoned fries

img_4619.jpg

IMG_9162.jpg

He had them leave off the blue cheese crumbles though. He really liked this and it was a very big sandwich too! He said it had a great flavor but it was not too hot where you had to take a breath between bites. The fries were hot and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. He ate about three quarters of it and took the other quarter back with us... I ate it that night and it really was very good!

Skyler ordered the

Fish-N-Chips

English-style with seasoned fries, coleslaw, tartar sauce

img_4621.jpg

With a side of
Raptor Rice

img_4620.jpg

IMG_9161.jpg

I was surprised at how large the portion of fish was! Two large pieces with a light batter and it was not greasy at all. The chips were basically steak fries and soft to bite. The rice was ok. It is a huge side though and we all kind of picked off of it a little. It was basically wild rice with a little bit of seasoning.

On the way out I snapped a couple more pictures...

img_4622.jpg

img_4623.jpg

img_4624.jpg

img_4625.jpg

img_4626.jpg

img_4627.jpg

img_4628.jpg

We were there until about 12:15pm. Our bill was $109.91 and we forgot that I believe they do a Disney VIsa discount for lunch AND we had a coupon in the little book we were given at the hotel...completely forgot!

Last edited:
After finishing up, we headed over to the Dino Store because Skyler promised Chichi a dino friend!

We looked around a whole and Tyler decided to make one too. Skye decided on a blueberry smelly thing for Pterry and Tyler decided on sound for Manny (can you guess what they got?). The guy stuffing them made Skyler do silly things and we all laughed...it almost seemed like he was flirting (he was youngish looking) but I really wish i had a video of him stuffing Tyler's and what he made him do...everyone was laughing...it was hilarious!

We were in there a while and the kids ended up getting backpacks for their new friends and Skye got Chich a t shirt that says "We do not eat our friends" a bunch of times and some dino undies.

img_4630.jpg

That truck was totally overtaken by DINOS!

img_4631.jpg

img_4632.jpg

We headed out and Tyler ran the food and friends to the car and Skye and I headed over to the meeting place...of course taking pictures along the way...

img_4634.jpg

img_4635.jpg

img_4636.jpg

img_4637.jpg

When we arrived at the meeting spot Skye and I watched some kids playing in the fountain for a bit before the guys arrived.

We were planning on checking out The Void! I had mentioned this to them before going and Tyler, of course, was all over it but we could not decide which one to do! Skye liked the idea of Ralph but Tyler wanted Star Wars. So we walked over there and walked right up to someone else getting an explanation from a cast member. She told her the Star Wars one had a better mission but the Ralph one was about two years newer and has better graphics. So we decided on Ralph and were able to get right in. First you go sign your releases in a computer (I had to do Skye's because she's a minor) and it prints our plastic wrist bands. Then for the Ralph one you pick your characters from a rack by the hall entrance.

img_4638.jpg

img_4639.jpg

IMG_9163.jpg

IMG_9164.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg

At one point someone changed their mind!

So we had a small wait to get in while we waited in the hall. We were the only ones for Ralph at the time but the Star Wars line was longer. They take in groups of one kind together but groups of four go together. You are not allowed to take pictures in there. There is a place in the room you get your equipment in for you to leave your bags. Everything is hooked onto a rack. So you step into the vest hanging there (they have different sizes and even on the larger side I had no problem getting in one) and hook it on. Once you are in correctly they lower the helmet and explain to you how to correct the vision and then secure it in place. This was so weirdly cool! You can hear each other in the earpiece in the helmet (but I could not hear myself) and as soon as he un-attach you from the rack and you look at each other, well, we all giggled! You turn into the character you scanned. It was odd getting used to it and knowing you were in a virtual world but that you were still in the real world. You do actually walk through the rooms and have to do certain things. Ralph was like a giant video game. It was super cute and fun. Things appear real and even for non-video game people (except Tyler, of course) this was still awesome! When your game is over, you are lead back to where you started and instructed push the mask up and they stand you in a square and take a picture before taking you to the rack and re-hooking you up and instructing you how to remove the helmet and the vest.

We really did enjoy this and would recommend it for anyone on the fence!

As we were leaving, Tyler suggested we go back through the Star Wars side. I said it was too expensive so he offered to pay! WHAT!?!?!? Tyler's offering to pay for something for someone else??? I told him we'd see how the day goes...

Last edited:
After our trip through The Void we were near something I really wanted to try...

img_4640.jpg

img_4641.jpg

We found a table with three chairs near the ledge and sat while Skye went 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck to order.

I wanted to try the awesome looking

Taco Cone

choice of filling, Shredded Lettuce, Guacamole, Sour Cream, Pico de Gallo, Queso, Cilantro, Jalapeño and a Lime Wedge

img_4643.jpg

I got it with Brisket Barbacoa. I was so excited for this after seeing pictures. Well, it was disappointing...very flavorless. Maybe it is the way the cone requires to to be made and eaten...maybe it would have been better as a bowl because it would have been easier to get everything together but it really did nothing for me and I ended up throwing half of it away...and THAT is not like me!

Tyler wanted tacos so he ordered the

Tacos (3)
choice of filling with Guasacaca, Crème Fraiche, Pico de Gallo, Salsa Verde, Queso Fresco and Cilantro in a Tortilla with a Lime and Jalapeño

img_4644.jpg

He ordered them with just cheese but the came with more than just cheese, as you can see. He got the Grilled Tri Tip Steak and it was very fatty. In fact one of them, the whole if the meat was connected fat...he pulled it out and had nothing left in the taco. He scraped off one of the other ones but he was not thrilled with the taco or the meat on his either.

So I am hoping this was just an off day for the truck because the concept of a taco cone is very fun. And we have had things there in the past and it has not been this bad. At this point there are so many other great places to eat at DIsney Springs, I don't think it will get our business anymore but you just never know...it is tacos after all, and everything is USUALLY better in a tortilla.

They do not issue paper receipts here and had to send it to Skye in a text message, which was weird.

img_4642.jpg

So as you can see our total was $25.54 for food we threw away more than half of and it was 2:42pm at this time.

Last edited:

So we sat there while eating and a bit after. It was HOT and we were deciding what we wanted to do.
img_4645.jpg

img_4650.jpg

img_4651.jpg

So we headed to look at some art...so many cool things in there!

img_4649.jpg

And at that point, we were at a loss for what we wanted to do next. Tyler was pushing to back to The Void...so we did.

We paid for our slot and had about a 15 minute wait until our return time. Our return time was 4pm and one session for the four of us was $151.77! So we just hung around nearby. When it was time we headed back in.

IMG_9167.jpg

We signed our releases and got our bands. There are no cards to choose for Star Wars. We had kind of a long wait this time. We passed the time watching three boys of varying ages without adult supervision peel the paint off the wall and scratch words into the paint. Finally it was our turn. When you first go in you have to watch a small into and pick the color of your storm trooper. The guys in there recognized us as having been in for Ralph earlier. We put on our gear and they sent us in. We turned into Storm Troopers with a trim of the colors we choose. As soon as we got inside, my arm freaked out! Every time I moved into a certain position my arm went off by itself...if was funny but annoying! It wasn't worth raising my hand and having someone come to fix it though. This mission was so much more exciting than Ralph! Fire and shooting and puzzles and Darth Vader etc...it was much more interactive and we felt like we actually had more to do than with Ralph. Some if it was so realistic that it was more scary than Ralph also! My recommendation would be Star Wars if only choosing one...but if you're with younger kids or people who might get scared (and not like it) then Ralph would be better.

We were glad we did both. Now Tyler wants to hit the other ones in other states because apparently there are different missions in different places.

Tyler bought a hat and we got the picture this time.

Last edited:
By this time we were getting a little hungry. SO we headed to another place I wanted to try. I know, it seems like we keep doing things I want to do. Well, that's because no one listens when i start talking about trips so I make all the decisions. BUT, I make MOST of them based upon what I know at least most of us will like...sometimes there's no pleasing everyone all at the same time!

img_4652.jpg

We came upon our next stop and we all decided what we wanted...B.B. Wolf's Sausage Company! We found a table and went to order. It took a bit to get our food but that was because they were preparing it as it was ordered.

img_4654.jpg

img_4653.jpg

img_4655.jpg

img_4656.jpg

The kids decided to share the
All-Beef Quarter-Pound Plain Hot Dog

served with Chips

img_4657.jpg

img_4658.jpg

img_4659.jpg

Of course, Tyler got the larger "half" of the dog but Skye scammed on the chips. The loved it...it was a good, hot, fresh hot dog on a bun that was heavy enough to handle the larger hotdog.

I decided on the

Three Little Pigs

three mini versions of our Specialty Dogs: Pastrami Reuben Dog, Hawaiian Island Dog and Texas Chili-Cheese Dog served with Chips

img_4664.jpg

As you can see, the menu online says it includes chips...the menu on the building does not...and we did not get any.

img_4660.jpg

img_4661.jpg

Hawaiian Island Dog.

img_4662.jpg

Pastrami Ruben Dog.

img_4663.jpg

Texas Chili Cheese Dog.

WOW! Now these were better than I expected and made up for my bad Taco Cone from earlier. The dogs are huge and the toppings were so unique and tasty! My favorite was the Ruben, which is odd because I am not a lover of the taste of sauerkraut...love the smell but not the taste. But on this dog, it was great. It was not super strong in flavor so maybe that's why i loved it. The other favorite was the chili dog...which I kind of expected. It was very good. It was a meaty chili and the Frito gave it a good crunch. The the Hawaiian one was super good, don't get me wrong. It's just that I had to order favorites. All of them were good...I enjoyed them all!

We also ordered 2 sprites.

We all left relatively full and happy with our meal. It was 5:20pm and we paid $42.01. We would eat here again in the future!

Last edited:

After we had our snack we decided we wanted to catch a bus to a different destination.

img_4665.jpg

We headed to the bus load zone where there was a bus waiting and off we went to our favorite hotel!

We just love Animal Kingdom Lodge. We did not have any dining planned here this time around though so we figured what better a time to go than now! Tyler's first line of business was food, of course! So we headed down to The Mara.

img_4666.jpg

img_4667.jpg

We had run to the bathroom, that was actually locked! Apparently here, you have to be staying here to use the bathroom now...LOL! Luckily someone was walking in so we were able to follow. Afterwards we went into the huge seating area of The Mara and found a table. There were people there but it was not crowded. The kids went up to see what to get. I wasn't really hungry so told them to just get a few snacky things and we'd all share. They decided and came back with a tray and a light up pager.

For drinks they got a Mango Slushy that is not on the menu I am seeing and a Gold Peak Tea

img_4668.jpg

The slushy was pretty good without too much Mango flavor (mango is one of those flavors that I do not like too strong). Skyler is on a tea kick lately and enjoyed the tea.

She also grabbed a pack of
Zebra Domes

Chocolate Mousse baked with Amarula Cream Liquor-coated White Chocolate drizzled with Chocolate Stripes and Chocolate Shavings

img_4669.jpg

img_4672.jpg

These are one of those things that seem to be loved by most. I like them but I don't LOVE them. But either i have not had them in a while or they have changed something because I thought they were better than usual. I had most of these. Skye tried one and thought it was ok but did not meed more. Tyler was waiting on his food so he was not interested.

She also grabbed a Minnie Cupcake....that I am not seeing listed on the menu.

img_4670.jpg

img_4673.jpg

It was ok...super cute though with the pearls and jimmies inside. The frosting was super sweet though so we did not even eat all of it, and usually Skye would leave cake before frosting!

Shortly after they sat down Tylers buzzer buzzed and he went to get his

Pepperoni Flatbread

Freshly prepared Flatbread topped with Pepperoni, Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella

img_4671.jpg

It was similar to the other flatbread we have had in The World. He loved it.

Gosh we wish we could spend the money to stay here again, it has just gotten SO expensive I am not able to justify it if we're just going to be there to sleep and shower. Maybe someday we'll slow down a bit.

Anyway, we had a great snack. It was fun to visit a counter service we have not had in a long time. We have been to the Lodge for Boma and Jiko but not just to bum around. SO we would return if the opportunity presented itself.

It was 6:45pm so even being dinner time it was not bad crowd wise. Our total was $30.30.

Last edited:
After dinner we went to explore. It was super humid out and we knew it was going to rain soon. we first headed over to the side/back of the pool area past Jiko (we love Jiko!).

There was some construction going on on the building behind the pool but the Flamingos did not seem to be bothered by it!

img_4675.jpg

img_4676.jpg

Look at that cute little grey baby flamingo!!!!

img_4677.jpg

img_4678.jpg

I don't think I have ever actually seen a flamingo SWIM!

img_4679.jpg

In the area next to the flamingos was this guy...

img_4680.jpg

Then we walked back along the other side of the pool. I hate that they put fences up around the pools...I get the reasoning behind it but it just ruins the beauty of the view I think.

img_4681.jpg

We walked all the way around and headed back inside the Lodge.

img_4684.jpg

And then back outside to see what could be found!

img_4686.jpg

img_4687.jpg

And then the sky opened up and it poured!

Last edited:
We headed back inside and found a nice place to sit for a while...

img_4690.jpg
img_4691.jpg

It was super warm and humid out here but it was nice until we were too hot to sit there anymore and we decided to explore some more!

We walked all the way down to the end of the walk way stopping to look along the way. The stairwells at the end of the halls are great places to view animals!

img_4692.jpg

img_4693.jpg

img_4694.jpg

img_4695.jpg

img_4696.jpg

img_4697.jpg

img_4698.jpg

img_4699.jpg

img_4700.jpg

img_4701.jpg

img_4702.jpg

img_4703.jpg

img_4704.jpg

Once we made it back to where we started we headed back into the beautiful lobby!

img_4705.jpg

img_4706.jpg

We looked through the gift shop and bought our rain ponchos ($47.97) and headed out to the bus stop...and waited about 15 minutes for one to come by.

img_4707.jpg

We headed back to Disney Springs and to the car. We decided we did everything we wanted to and more so we were going to call it a night.

We got back to the room and packed up everything we would not need in the morning and showed Chichi and Elle their new buddies and Chich's clothes.

img_4710.jpg

img_4711.jpg

We had grabbed a movie downstairs again but I forget what it was...probably because we did not really watch it. Tyler made us play a few rounds of Uno and then we crashed when we couldn't handle it anymore!

Last edited:
July 29, 2019 (Monday) was a big day for us! I got a text at 7am saying our room was not ready yet. SO at 7:15am we started getting showered and getting the rest of all our stuff packed up. We called for the bell service guy to come help us to the car. It was a different guy than the first day but the were both very nice and personable. We returned our movie to the machine and i pulled up the van to be loaded. Over all, we really liked The Double Tree! I am still struggling with not staying on property for a whole trip but our two nights was a little more than one night at Pop! We had two rooms, two bottles of free water, free DVD rentals (like a Redbox type thing), free resort charge and half off parking that no matter when we pulled in was still very close to the front door. We had a great view. We had a microwave and a fridge. The pool was cold but other than that, was decent. They do get 60 day fast passes and extra magic hours (for whatever that's worth anymore!). It was close to Disney Springs and they did have a shuttle but we did not use it. It would definitely be in the running for some place to stay once I decide Disney has out priced us.

img_4712.jpg

Bye, bye pretty view!

When we were just about to turn into Pop Century we saw this...

img_4713.jpg

I am having an odd reaction to the Gondolas. I love the idea of them. They are very cool to look at! But at the same time they are kind of an eye sore in some places...particularly most of the stations and turn abouts I have seen so far. Maybe it will grow on me more, I don't know. We were hoping they would open for passengers early but they never did while we were there.

So we turned in and went to the desk to make sure our bands are working and that our dining plan was good.

img_4714.jpg

img_4715.jpg

img_4716.jpg

It was all ready to go and while our room was not ready yet she did tell me that we did get the 70s building (I had requested 60s or 70s) so I was pretty happy. I wanted to overlook Hourglass Lake but I was pretty sure I would not get that...but I was still hoping!

We jumped in line for a bus to Hollywood Studios, which seems to be the place we have started our last five trips!

A bus came along pretty quickly and while the bus stop is still far from the entrance, it is so much nicer to see what looks like a finished project (mostly).

img_4717.jpg

We enjoyed looking at who was on all the gondola cars...there's some really good choices there. We had fast passes from 9:45am - 10:45am at Toy Story Mania so we got right in with no lines at the turn styles and headed that way. We headed right in and about three quarters of the way through the line before we slowed down.

img_4719.jpg

Mr Potatoe Head was talking but our line did not cross in front of him. We went to the left of him and pretty much walked right into a car.

img_4720.jpg

img_4721.jpg

We always try to guess who we are going to get on our car. Skye won (but I don't remember what our choices were). Skye and I went together.

img_4722.jpg

This was our side. Tyler won, then Skye, then me. The kid that Tyler said was going to win, did. Tyler said he was a baseball player (based upon what he was wearing) so he knew he was going to be good. He was bummed he lost but happy he guessed who would get best for the ride (or whatever it is they display at the end).

img_4723.jpg

img_4724.jpg

img_4725.jpg

img_4726.jpg

It was getting close to our lunch ADR at 11am so we high tailed it out of Pixar Place and headed to Sci Fi DIne In Theater.

img_4727.jpg

Last edited:
We arrived right at 11am and went to check in. They handed up a buzzer and said it would be a few minutes. We walked outside...and our buzzed buzzed. We were led in by our waiter to a four seater car. I don't think I even knew they had four seaters...we've always has a six seater with hitch-hikers in the back! Our waiter was Khalid and he was really good...kinda like a grandpa.

img_4729.jpg

img_4730.jpg

img_4733.jpg

We were planning on using three credits here but we were not that hungry right now so we only ended up using two.

The kids ordered the
Milk Shakes
Oreo Cookie, Chocolate, or Vanilla

img_4734.jpg

Tyler had the vanilla and Skye had the cookies and cream milkshake. I had a water. THe shakes were thick and the kids both loved them.

In general, Skye does not usually get an entree here. She likes the buffalo wings though so that is what she usually gets as her meal....and she did again. Tyler wanted them too and there was not anything speaking me so we ordered two order of the

Crispy Chicken Tenders

Your choice of Spicy Buffalo, Chipotle BBQ, or Szechuan Sauce served with Celery Sticks and Blue Cheese Dressing

img_4736.jpg

With buffalo sauce on both. These used to be little nugget sized balls of chicken...this time they were huge tenders. Skye had one more than Tyler and hers were considerably larger than his. They both loved them and ate most of them. I had one and it was good. I think Skye actually even left part of one because she was too full to eat them all and no one else had room either.

I had the

Sci-Fi Barbecue Platter
Smoked Pulled Pork, St. Louis-style Ribs, Grilled Chicken, and Sausage served with Jalapeño-Cheddar Cornbread, Southern Coleslaw, and Cowboy Beans finished with Coca-Cola® Barbecue Sauce

img_4738.jpg

Now, I wasn't sure if I would end up thrilled with this or not. I mean I like barbecue but depending on how it's cooked could make or break it for me. Well, I loved it and it was more than enough food! The chicken was super moist and flavorful. I thought the ribs had too much sauce on them but once i was able to get rid of some of that they were fall off the bone tender and tasted so good! I loved the cornbread...I did not taste any jalapeno and it was not hot at all. I don't do coleslaw so I cannot speak to that. The sausage was good. I thought the beans were ok but were a little too sweet for me. My favorite was the pulled pork. It was very well seasoned, not fatty, and super tender. It would have made a great sandwich but it was wonderful on its own. I was very happy with my choice and very glad we did not order another credit worth because this was a ton of food!

Tyler ordered the
Flame-broiled New York Strip Steak

Seasonal Vegetables, Roasted Potatoes, and Bacon Vinaigrette topped with Herb Butter

img_4739.jpg

img_4740.jpg

None of us had paid attention when he ordered so he forgot to ask to sub fries. So he caught Khalid shortly after he ordered and asked if he could sub fries for the potatoes and Khalid said it was no problem, he'd change it on the order. Well, when it came out, well, you can see it came with the potatoes and asparagus. He reminded him about it and he returned quickly with a plate of fries.

img_4742.jpg

So this worked out well because as much as Tyler does not like potatoes and asparagus, Skyler does! So nothing went to waste. The potatoes were really well cooked...not hard but not mushy and seasoned well. The asparagus was typical Disney asparagus...very good! Skye was good with her tenders, potatoes, and asparagus. Tyler actually thought the strip was really good and practically licked the plate! The fries were typical fries and just what he wanted. No one ate the tomatoes because Tyler doesn't do tomatoes at all and Skye does not like them cooked...and I was full!

We were able to take our time and relax while eating. It was filling up while we were eating though.

img_4743.jpg

img_4744.jpg

When it came time to order dessert we decided on two but we were really full!

IMG_9174.jpg

IMG_9175.jpg

img_4745.jpg

We ordered
Warm Glazed Doughnut

with Cinnamon Apples and topped with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce

img_4746.jpg

YUM!!! I don;t know what else to say. Everything was right with this! It was a fresh glazed doughnut, certainly did not taste like a pre-frozen dessert. Everything went perfectly together! I ate most of this.

The kids had the

House-made Sci-Fi Candy Bar

Cookies and Cream Mousse, Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Sauce

img_4748.jpg

img_4750.jpg

I think Tyler has ordered this every time we have been here. It is really chocolaty and would be great with some ice cold milk or a scoop of ice cream.

Khalid was awesome, probably the best we've had here (they usually are careless as soon as they find out you are on the dining plan). He not only did not have an issue with us being on the dining plan but even after he found out we were only using two credits for the four of us, his care of us did not change. He refilled our waters and coke quickly. He did not charge us for the coke (we expected to be playing for it as an extra drink). He did not charge for the extra fries Tyler got. He talked to us about the doughnut dessert and how he has used it in a peach version for Thanksgiving dinner at home.

img_4751.jpg

We were there until around 12:30pm and it was just us taking our time. We were not rushed out and we did not wait for anything. We like it here. Would we lose sleep if we did not eat here? No...but We do enjoy it so I am sure we'll be back. Our total here was $125.98...or 2 deluxe dining credits!

Last edited:
After lunch we headed out of there and had some time to waste before our next fast passes.

img_4753.jpg

img_4754.jpg

img_4755.jpg

img_4756.jpg

img_4757.jpg

And we walked into a pre-show about to go in at Muppet Vision 3D. We love to look around the pre-show area but don't love standing around in there for very long on the incline so this was perfect timing!

img_4758.jpg

img_4759.jpg

img_4760.jpg

img_4761.jpg

img_4762.jpg

img_4763.jpg

img_4764.jpg

img_4766.jpg

It was a fun show but then we walked out into this...

img_4767.jpg

Where did all those people come from???

We went to walk through the Muppet Store (that is no longer the muppet based store!).

We walked Pizzerizzos and it was OPEN!!! We have never gotten to eat here (since it was Pizza Planet) becasue every time we have been here it is closed. SO we were excited to see it open even though we were not eating. We walked through and up stairs to check it out.

img_4769.jpg

img_4770.jpg

img_4771.jpg

img_4772.jpg

img_4773.jpg

img_4774.jpg

img_4775.jpg

img_4777.jpg

img_4778.jpg

I love all the garbage cans. The whole place was really cute, food looked good. We did not have any but we are hoping it is open on our next trip so we can finally eat there.

Last edited:
We decided to head towards our next fast pass and take our time if something comes up. Skye wanted to see Olaf but his sign said a 15 minute wait. Usually that would not be bad but the line was way past what looked like 15 minutes so we passed. We came upon the Frozen Sing Along just going in...so in we went! THis is another line with a steep incline that is horrible to stand in line on so when we can walk right in, we do! We were afraid we would not make it...we were in the stragglers that were filling in the rest of the theater after everyone who waited in line had filed in. We found seats up towards the front and towards the right side. Not too bad, we have never sat that close before.

img_4780.jpg

img_4781.jpg

img_4782.jpg

img_4783.jpg

img_4784.jpg

img_4785.jpg

img_4786.jpg

img_4787.jpg

img_4788.jpg

img_4789.jpg

img_4790.jpg

img_4791.jpg

Skye loves this show...in fact we all do, even Tyler although he won't admit it and he won't let us see him singing either! The female historian is one we have seen before but the male one we usually see her with was not there...although the new guy was pretty funny!

We then headed in in our quest...

img_4792.jpg

Gertie was closed! What??? Why??? It's summer and hot and crowded...why is Gertie not selling ice cream???

We headed down Sunset Boulevard shopping through stores...partly to shop and partly to soak up some air conditioning! I love the sight of Tower of Terror but I do not enjoy the ride too much. None of us really do except Skyler...and she keeps trying to get us to go on with her …

img_4793.jpg

img_4794.jpg

And finally it was time for our 1:25pm - 2:25pm fast pass at ...

img_4795.jpg

img_4796.jpg

img_4797.jpg

We had no wait before we were into the pre-show area and then a very short wait before we were riding! I love this ride but I always get anxious before take off! We were off quickly and on our way to the next thing.

I had forgotten about Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy. We noticed it back there and noted we wanted to return later to check it out.

Last edited:
So we headed back across the park towards our next fast pass. While on the way we got our text that our room was ready. I was relatively pleased with the info I got but I knew we did not get the building that would look right over the water so I was a little bummed but you cannot tell exactly what room you got from the map they send so I was still hoping for a good room placement.

We got to Star Tours for our 2:40pm - 3:40pm fast passes. There was some hold up at the fast pass tap but we were through pretty quickly and waling to our ship.

img_4798.jpg

We had a great ride through two lads we have been to many time that ended in Skyler's favorite scene. But we keep watching out for scenes we have not seen...even if we don't know what they are.

We had used all our fast passes so we were now looking for what to do next. It was super hot and all the attractions seemed to have long wait times. So we cut into ABC Commissary to cool off a little and devise a plan. It was big time crowded in there and we were lucky to find a table. We made sure to stay only as long as we needed to and then gave our table to a large family looking for seats...however, even though we were not leaving until they had the table they were super rude and two kids practically sat on top of Skyler in the booth. She was really grossed out! It was kind of rude considering we could have just sat there longer or not bothered to make sure no one else grabbed the table as we left (we have had that happen to us when we were table stalking before!). We did not have a ton of time before we had to head to dinner but we did have some so we decided to head up towards Center Stage and ran into this...

img_4799.jpg

img_4800.jpg

img_4802.jpg

img_4803.jpg

img_4804.jpg

img_4807.jpg

We had decided that we needed to head to guest relations to upgrade our passes to Annual Passes so that was the next thing on the agenda.

img_4808.jpg

On the way Skyler remembered she had not had Starbucks today so we stopped at the Trolly Car Cafe at about 3:45pm. The line was not bad, remarkably!

We did not get any pastries or food type things but I did take some pictures of the offerings.

img_4809.jpg

We ordered the

Caramel Frappuccino® - Venti

img_4810.jpg

Skyler ordered the

Strawberry Crème Frappuccino® - Venti

img_4811.jpg

Tyler ordered the

Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino® - Venti

img_4812.jpg

Service was pretty quick and we were outta there in no time. They do have paper straws so we grabbed a few and went on our way. They were all good and Skye was impressed with the amount of strawberries in hers. A lot of times it a gamble if you will actually be able to see strawberries or not. The cost was $18.72 or three snack credits.

We took our drinks and headed up to the front of the park and to the right of the exit and right into a cast member earning her ears and asked to upgrade our passes to Annual Passes. It took a while for this transaction since she was training bit they were both very nice and helpful. It ended up being about $300 more than I was expecting because of the way the hoppers are charged on the date based scale so I was not happy about that but it is still a benefit to us in the long run. So beware when calculating the cost of the upgrade. She suggested if we had called the night before they could have given me a correct price...I'll remember that next time. Since I was paying most of it in cash and part on my card, they called another cast member earning his ears and his trainer to accept the cash. Soon we were walking out with our annual pass cards, our magic bands activated, our info about the benefits of the annual pass and less money! But happy!!!!

We headed over to the boat launch. These was a boat filling but we did not make that one. We were stopped just inside the shade on the dock. It was about 20 minutes until the next boat came by and in that time we watched fish and ducks swim around and a kid lose their magic band in the water.

img_4813.jpg

img_4814.jpg

img_4815.jpg

And soon enough we were pulling up to the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

Last edited:
I have always loved reading your reports. I think the first one I remember was when the kids were pretty young and their father joined for part of the trip. I can’t believe how they’ve grown. Skye is just beautiful and Tyler is a very handsome young man. Please continue to update.

So we journeyed into The Yacht Club and made our way around to The Beach Club. The kids and I stayed at Yacht Club for two night once a long time ago. We got a great room on ground level facing the water and Epcot. We loved it...not as much or in the same way as we love Animal Kingdom Lodge but a lot! We have also eaten at Captain's Grill (now Ale & Compass), Yachtsman Steakhouse and Cape May Cafe for various meals. So we explored our way around towards our dinner ADR.

img_4817.jpg

img_4818.jpg

img_4819.jpg

We were a little early so we sat in the lobby and played Uno. We found this funny...

img_4820.jpg

...I assume he was on his way to The Neverland Club or something like that. We played a couple of hands.

img_4823.jpg

img_4826.jpg

Until our buzzer buzzed.

img_4827.jpg

img_4828.jpg

We were seated in the first section by the buffet along the left as you walk in. Our waitress was Jan M. and she was an older lady that was friendly and an ok waitress but she seemed to be overwhelmed. She took our drink orders and we headed up to the buffet.

For a drink i ordered the

Piña Colava
Bacardi Raspberry Rum blended with flavors of Coconut, Pineapple, and Raspberry Purée

img_4834.jpg

I have had these before so I knew I would like it. We are not big drinkers and don't have any advanced knowledge of drinks but this is a good basic smoothly style drink that goes down super easily.

There was also a Mai Tai spree and had the

Captain's Mai Tai

Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Bols Amaretto, and Tropical Juices topped with a float of Myers’s Original Dark Rum

img_4835.jpg

Like I said, this started the quest for Mai Tais of different varieties...who knew? I liked that is was fruity and not overpoweringly alcohol tasting. She also brought us waters. The kids had their usual.

I did not take pictures of the buffet as there was already quite a bit of people around and I did not want to get in the way but I do have pictures of some of our plates. The buffet is set up as a big square and starts with salads and goes around clockwise to the main courses. They have all sorts of food from salads to veggies to soups to seafood to pastas to a carving station and a kids section. The desserts are on two little side bars on either side of the entrance (which is kind of weird but at least it's out of the big line so if all you are getting is dessert you don't have to fight your way through the big line.

The waitress brought us a couple of empty metal buckets and crab leg eating utensils and some HOT towels...caution, they are really HOT! SO here we go...

Tyler's first plate...

img_4829.jpg

Kid's Cheese pizza, spaghetti and meatballs and a roll.

Skye's first plate...

img_4830.jpg

Kid's cheese Pizza, buttered bread, and plain spaghetti noodles. They were both pleased with their choices.

My first plate...

img_4831.jpg

Crab legs, corn bread, broccoli, mashed potatoes and gravy, boiled potatoes, a cup of butter and corn on the cob. It was all good. The corn bread and boiled potatoes with the butter on them were my favorites on this plate. The crab legs were great but there is so much work in eating snow crab for such little reward!

I also had a bowl of Clam Chowder...

img_4832.jpg

...and it was not something I finished or would grab again...it was very flavorless and was mostly potatoes, which usually is not a problem for me. I would probably say this was the worst thing i tasted all meal.

Skyler's second plate...

img_4833.jpg

Mac & Cheese (which needed salt badly!), fish nuggets, beef from the carving station (but i don't remember what it was), and a baked chicken leg. She enjoyed it all! The beef was her favorite though and the fish niggets her least favorite (not that she did not like them though!).

Here’s another plate and we went back for more peel and eat shrimp at one point...

img_4837.jpg

We really enjoyed these this time!

We had a few more plates and a huge plate of crab legs among us...like a tower of legs! We sat there a long time digging out meat and seeing who could pull the biggest chunk of meat out in one piece before heading to the dessert tables. I think we tried just about everything they had for dessert...

img_4839.jpg

So from the bottom left...white cake with caramel sauce (there was three different kinds of cake squares with two different sauces to put on them), lemon custard pie, Oreo bonbon, fruit tart (my favorite!), lemon raspberry custard thing, worms in dirt (Skye re-confirmed that she DOES NOT like dirty worms!), mickey head thing (??), chocolate cupcake with raspberry frosting, and white cake with lemon frosting. The kids tasted all of them but I do not know what the verdict was. The lemon raspberry custard was super sour and no one liked that. The mickey head thing was almost like fudge, I know Tyler liked that one. The rest were just ok. We were there a while digging in our crab legs and relaxing. We did not see Jan too often but she was around. I did get a coke after I finished my drink. We never needed plates removed for very long or refills.

All in all we like Cape May for breakfast and dinner but we kinda found on this trip that we (especially Skyler) just does not eat enough to justify the price if we were paying out of pocket. I mean, ya, we get to try a lot of things rather than having to choose one thing but I think the quality of what you get for the cost at an a la carte meal is better than a buffet so it is more worth it. We will be back if it fits in but I think we will be avoiding buffet style meals in the future (especially for dinner). Our total was $246.82.

Last edited:
We headed out to this beautiful picture...

img_4840.jpg

img_4841.jpg

img_4842.jpg

Skye decided she wanted her feet in the sand so headed that way for a bit.

We had decided to walk through Epcot to a bus because...WHY NOT???

img_4843.jpg

This is one of the places I am not sure I like the gondolas to be...it seems like it is taking up a lot of space in what used to be a pretty open area before you got into Epcot. The building is dark and not very cheery. It does seem to fit in well as far as the style though.

img_4844.jpg

img_4845.jpg

img_4846.jpg

img_4847.jpg

img_4848.jpg

img_4849.jpg

So between the gondolas and the Remy construction, there is a lot going on over there. I hope, and assume knowing Disney, that once the construction in France is completed, the view will be pretty again not just a side of a building. We did really enjoy watching the gondola cars go by and I am glad they are not all just plain colors...makes it fun to look at.

Security check was basically nothing and we walked right though using our new annual passes on the way. It was starting to drizzle a little off and on so we kept wanting ponchos and then not wanting them. Skye was listening to a British mom and her two little boys talk as we were walking in. She loves accents. They were heading to dinner and at one point the mom asked "Is that me that smells so nice?" and the she thought that was so funny...said with the proper British accent. And then she went on to explain to her cute little boys that they were going to a nice dinner and they had to "keep their shoes on" and Skye thought that was hilarious! So for the rest of the trip any time the kids would smell something that smelled good they would ask if it was them that smelled so nice and the other would remind to keep their shoes on...in a fake British accent, of course!

We made it to the UK.

img_4852.jpg

img_4853.jpg

img_4854.jpg

img_4855.jpg

img_4856.jpg

And we made it to Canada!

These ducks were begging for food and did not even care too much that kids were trying to pet them...

img_4857.jpg

img_4858.jpg

img_4859.jpg

img_4861.jpg

img_4862.jpg

img_4863.jpg

img_4864.jpg

It looks so weird up in front where they removed the tiles...

img_4866.jpg

img_4867.jpg

img_4868.jpg

This was on the wall on the way to the bus. I don't know how I feel about it. It's pretty. I guess I'm going to have to wait and see. There are parts of Epcot that need something done with them but I am not sure the entrance was one of them.

We headed to our stop...the furthest one as usual. And we only waited a few minutes before we were on a bus on our way to find out where we were sleeping for the next four nights.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!