Why Not Make It Three??? Or maybe FOUR?!?!? Or just MAYBE FIVE!!!!!

SO we're back from our Christmas/New Years trip and not happy about it!

But before I can get to that trip I need to finish last summer's trip...so let's continue, shall we?

We were called into our Akershus reservation a couple of minutes past our ADR time.

img_5127.jpg

img_5126.jpg

img_5128.jpg

So were taken in and lined up behind one other party to get our pictures with Belle.

img_5129.jpg

We were led through the restaurant to the front rotunda section, It was nice over there, just a few tables so not a lot of traffic of people coming and going the whole meal. We placed our drink orders and headed up to the cold bar.

Below is Skyler's first plate...cantaloupe and honeydew, croissant, cinnamon roll, blueberry muffin, and Mickey Waffles. She was happy with it all.

img_5130.jpg

This would be Tyler's plate...Mickey Waffles, some of some kind of bread, cinnamon rolls, and a croissant. He ate it all so I assume it was satisfying!

img_5131.jpg

Next is my plate...peaches, salami, a roll, Mickey Waffles with butter, and a croissant with jelly. All was very good and fresh. It did not seem to have been sitting very long.

img_5132.jpg

There was also plate...just peaches, honeydew and cantaloupe and swiss cheese.

img_5133.jpg

Shortly after we finished our server (earning her ears) brought our platter and more drinks.

img_5134.jpg

It was bacon, sausage, potato casserole, and scrambled eggs. I thought it was all good (especially the potatoes), Kids liked everything except the potatoes...but they are just weird! We did think that was kind of a small amount to bring for four "adults" so we did end up needing more of the bacon and eggs.

img_5154.jpg

Here is the cool ceiling where we were sitting.

img_5135.jpg

img_5136.jpg

And pictures around our table...

img_5138.jpg

img_5139.jpg

Cinderella was the first to come by.

img_5140.jpg

img_5141.jpg

img_5142.jpg

She didn't have much to say and was pretty business-y. Signed, did not comment on her page or the book (most others did, even if they couldn't even actually talk!), smiled and moved on.

Then Snow White came by...

img_5143.jpg

img_5144.jpg

She loved the book and her page (I do have to say, it is one of my favorites too!).

img_5145.jpg

img_5146.jpg

img_5147.jpg

Aurora was next. She was nice and commented on her page but wasn't overly friendly or anything.

img_5148.jpg

img_5149.jpg

img_5150.jpg

I mean she didn't rush through like she was in a hurry or anything, she just did not seem interested in talking to a bunch of "adults".

Next was Ariel...she's still Skyler's favorite!

img_5151.jpg

img_5152.jpg

img_5153.jpg

Some where in here a plate of Mickey Waffles was produced too!

IMG_9219.jpg

The castle is so pretty!

img_5155.jpg

The bathroom doors are labeled in Norwegian...

img_5156.jpg

We were only here for about 45 minutes...the joy of having an early ADR! Our waitress was new-ish so she seemed a little nervous but she was good...there when we needed her but not intrusive. We all really enjoy breakfast here. It has been a long time since we have lunch or dinner here. I think because for the cost, we don't think the lunch and dinner menus sound worth it when there is SO much other great food in the World Showcase...table service and counter service. We will most likely continue coming back here when we need a breakfast at Epcot.

I do not have my receipt for some reason, I thought I had such a great process this trip...apparently not! But going with the cost from Allears our total would have been $221.52 but we paid 4 dining plan credits!

Last edited:
At just about 9am, maybe a little after, we headed into the Frozen ride.

img_5157.jpg

img_5158.jpg

img_5159.jpg

I really hate that I cannot seem to get good pictures in here...the queue area is so fun! But this next one is horribly cool...

img_5160.jpg

img_5161.jpg

img_5164.jpg

And we all made it through the new Troll Ride. Tyler used to call this the Troll Ride when he was little...he hated it!

Then we hopped in line to see The Girls! This queue is so detailed! It is fun to walk through.

img_5168.jpg

img_5169.jpg

img_5170.jpg

img_5171.jpg

img_5172.jpg

OMG! The friend with Else was so mean! You could really tell she did not enjoy her job! The whole time we were in there...through the people in front of us, us, and the people behind us...she was just so rude!

img_5173.jpg

Anna's friend was much nicer...maybe over compensating because of the other one???

We pretty much walked right through this line and only waited a minute at the actual meet for the people in front of us to move on to Anna before we were let in to see Elsa. It was a great time to be visiting!

We headed out to see what was next.

img_5174.jpg

We headed up to Future World where we rode Test Track in the single rider line. The line was fast and two of us have always gotten to ride in the same car.

img_5175.jpg

Skyler found her future car...

img_5176.jpg

img_5177.jpg

img_5178.jpg

Yep, they did a whole photo shoot with that car!

We headed across to the other side. We ended up here...any guesses?

img_5181.jpg

See the hidden Mickey?

img_5182.jpg

img_5183.jpg

img_5184.jpg

img_5185.jpg

img_5186.jpg

I'm not sure what's with Tyler's face in that last one but I assure you he was having fun! I hope there are better photopass pics...I have not looked yet!

We headed on into The Land.

img_5187.jpg

And in for our ride on Soarin' using our Fast Passes. The line was fast and we had a great ride. Cary has discovered that the scene with the Eiffel Tower scares him recently. He does not know what about it and the rest of the film is fine but that scene he closes his eyes and holds on a bit tighter!

img_5188.jpg

And of course, Skyler cannot come in here without stopping for something to eat! So we grabbed an Odwalla Lemonade slushy...

img_5189.jpg

It was a good slushy...finely ground ice and not too sweet, not too tart.

And an Oreo Cheesecake Pop...

img_5190.jpg

The cheesecake was really good...fresh! We all enjoyed a little bit of it.

img_5191.jpg

We love Seasons...I don't think it will ever get on the MUST DO list but somehow it always makes an appearance whether it is for a snack or a meal. Our total here was $10.94 or 2 snack credits.

Last edited:
After our snack we headed over to visit our favorite Purple Dragon...

img_5193.jpg

img_5195.jpg

img_5196.jpg

img_5197.jpg

When we were done playing with Figment we headed back out to a relatively empty looking Future World...NICE!

img_5199.jpg

img_5200.jpg

And of course we have to stop here...

img_5201.jpg

img_5202.jpg

Mine is a Strawberry Acai Refresher, Skye's in a Mango Dragonfriut Refresher, Tyler's is a Vanilla Bean Cream Frappe, and there was an Iced Caramel Macchiato. We all enjoyed them. It was not crazy crowded like it usually is so that was nice. Skyler is a Starbucks freak so snack credits = Starbucks for her! Our total was $23.82 or 4 snack credits!

Last edited:

Wow...it has been a while and so much is happening in the world today...I have been wanting to write and not wanting to all at the same time. We are 39 days out from our next trip and I am not sure if it is going to happen or not. We are still holding out breath and crossing our fingers. It's not such a big deal if they phase open or some things are missing since this will be our longest and third trip of the year. We were planning to relax a bit more anyway but we do really need a vacation right now!

We have all our fast passes and dining lined up. At this point, if Disney opens on June 1st, we will need to rearrange our first two days. I think we would still go down, just stay either near the beach or at an off sight hotel (assuming that is even possible). We still haven't made the jump. We were thinking of taking some time to explore neighborhoods around Orlando where we have received apartment info on so that if/when we move down in about two years (Skye has decided she wants to be a Gator!) we can make a little better informed decision. If anyone has suggestions for apartment complexes that are in good areas with good amenities, let me know!

In real life, school is gone to e-learning (which we were set up for before this all happened), dance has essentially been cancelled for the year, badminton was cancelled the day before the first match, Game Stop is only somewhat essential (so Tyler has work here and there), Skyler turned 16 and did not get to go get her Drivers License she had been counting down to for nine months, but Cary and I are still working (I work at home regularly and he is in a plant that makes and packages pizzas so is essential...people need pizza!) and we're all still healthy so I guess we cannot complain too much!

But I think I am ready to continue again. So lets move on...

We left off with our Starbucks drinks at Epcot. I have a lot of pictures but not many notes so we may be doing a picture tour mostly....we'll see how my memory is brought back.

We headed back into
World Showcase as we had a lunch reservation to get to at 2pm.

img_5203.jpg

It wasn't horribly crowded back there. We took our time as we had about 45 minutes until we needed to be at lunch. We headed over to Via Napoli and checked in.

I love this
chandelier...

img_5205.jpg

So we waited about 3 minutes to be called and we were taken to just about the same seat along the back wall that we have been seated at before. It was crowded but not crazy over crowded. Now, we went in thinking we might have a problem here but thinking we had the issue worked out. See we only wanted to use three credits here. We were not ordering a big pizza. We were not intending to share credits. Skyler was going to order al la carte. So we were all going to be eating, we just did not want to use all four credits. We told our waiter what we wanted to do and he said something in a very thick accent we could not understand and soon the manager was there telling us we did not understand the dining plan and we could not do what we wanted to do. I explained to him again what we wanted to do and that we just did not need four appetizers and desserts and we were still going to order for four people. He told me I did not understand how the dining plan worked and that no place on property would allow us to do what we wanted to do. Now, we have used the dining plan MANY times. We have used it all over The World. We have used it at counter service, regular table service, deluxe table service. We have been using it almost from the time they started this version of a dining plan. We know how to use it. We knew Via Napoli were sticklers for their version of the "rules". But this guy was SO rude. We had planned that if we were told we couldn't use our plan the way we wanted to that we would just do a big pizza (like we usually do) and not use any dining plan credits. But he was SO mean. There was no way I was giving them my money. So we clarified that we would not be charged for leaving (he said we wouldn't) and we left. I really do not want to give them my money ever again but I know that is not going to change the staff's attitude or their practice of forcing dining plan people to use it the way they deem correct but it's on principal. But they do have good pizza. Which is all we've ever had from there so far (we were going to be branching out on this visit) and we like it. And the counter service window pizza is not even near the same thing. So, who knows, maybe we'll go back some day but we did not have Via Napoli today.

Well, now we had to see what else was open for lunch. So while we were walking, I pulled up the app and found lunch. But our reservation was not until 3pm so we had some time. As we walked past the America Garden Theater we say a show about to start so we stopped. We were able to easily get a spot on near the back and sit.

It was the Gaurdians Of The Galaxy Show...I had almost forgotten about it.

img_5206.jpg

img_5208.jpg

img_5211.jpg

img_5212.jpg

img_5214.jpg

img_5217.jpg

IMG_9222.jpg

It was a really cute show...basically a rock concert with a story. We all enjoyed it.

But it was time to head to lunch. There was quite a bit to choose from but as soon as I mentioned this one the all jumped on it, as I expected they would...it's one of our collective favorites. So we headed over there...

img_5218.jpg

Do you know where we're headed? I'd love to give Tokyo Dining a shot but they are not going to have that so I was able to get a 3pm ADR at Teppan Edo...a family favorite.

We arrived and checked in. We were seated right away.

First we ordered drinks. I had the
Nigori Mimosa - Unfiltered Nigori Sake, Orange Juice, Grenadine, and Sparkling Water...

img_5220.jpg

It was very pretty and tasted really good. I also got water for after.

There was another
Mojito - Mix of Rum, Sake, Simple Syrup, Fresh Limes, and Mint - Classic, Blood Orange, Blackberry and a coke (that we weren’t charged for).

img_5223.jpg

The kids both got soft drinks...not sure which. The salad was brought next.

img_5221_1.jpg

Which is just mixed greens with a ginger dressing. Tyler doesn't eat it but the rest of like it. It is a good starter for your meal!

Then the appetizers came out while the chef started the entrees. Skye ordered the Edamame-young soybean pods, served chilled.

img_5222.jpg

She loves Edamame! She takes then out of the pod and soaks them in soy sauce before eating them.

Tyler ordered the Wafu Ribs - pork ribs marinated with honey, soy, pineapple, and garlic... this is his go to here. They are not quite as good as they used to be...a little more fatty than they used to be but they are still good!

img_5224.jpg

I ordered the
Assorted Tempura - shrimp and seasonal vegetables. I think it was one shrimp, one zucchini, one squash, and something else I cannot remember. It is all really good (although I usually have to share my shrimp with Skyler!). It is lightly battered and fried but not at all greasy. The dipping sauce is really good and lite.

img_5225.jpg

While we were eating, the chef was cooking! We have hibachi around here but it is either too expensive or at our favorite Japanese spot, the wait for a hibachi table is always outrageous so we don't ever seem to get there around here. So for us, this is a treat.

img_5226.jpg

img_5227.jpg

img_5228.jpg

img_5230.jpg

img_5232.jpg

img_5233.jpg

img_5238.jpg

img_5239.jpg

He was not very personable or super talkative but he did all the tricks and made characters out of the vegetables...made one walk...LOL.

So Tyler ordered his usual...Filet Mignon (which is no longer listed on the menu).

img_5240.jpg

Tyler's

He doesn’t really eat the noodles and veggies though...he is all about the meat! Tyler does his medium rare. You are served as your meat is done so Tyler's is usually first. He loved his steak as usual!

You are also served rice. It has changed over the years from white to beef fried. This time we got a choice. The kids prefer white sticky rice so that's what we all got. Since Tyler doesn't eat the salad or the noodles, I let him have my rice too.

img_5241.jpg

I ordered the
Hotate - cold water ocean scallops served with garden salad, udon noodles, vegetables, and steamed white rice. I always want to branch out and try new things and this is one of the things I have wanted to try here. I love scallops (no one else does) but they can get rubbery if not cooked right (which is why I generally don't try to make them at home!) but these were perfect.

img_5242.jpg

img_5243_1.jpg

They had a good sear on them and the flavor was great!

Skyler always gets some version of chicken (which she says is the best chicken ever!). Today is was the
Nihonbashi - steak and chicken.

img_5244_1.jpg

This was a lot of food! It is not filet, it is sirloin but she has tasted both and likes them both. Surprisingly, the chicken is the longest to cook but she wont eat the steak until the chicken is done. But she came close to finishing it and she pulls out some noodles and will eat them...no veggies though.

The chef across from us was newish and was practicing tricks...he was missing a lot and dropping things and making a lot of noise. He played it out but his servers were running a lot. I will end up mentioning him again somewhere else in this report!

img_5248_1.jpg

For dessert Skye ordered the
Mango Mousse Cake - mango-flavored sponge cake with a smooth flavorful mango mousse decorated with a tropical glaze.

img_5249_1.jpg

It was really good, moist cake with a mild mango taste...you would think it'd be overly mango but it is not...it is a really good balance.

Tyler had the
Soft Serve Ice Cream - vanilla, green tea, or vanilla-green tea swirl...plain old vanilla.

img_5250.jpg

I ordered the Ginger Mousse Cake - layered sponge cake with ginger mousse and a ribbon of rich chocolate icing to top it off...again, it has a mild ginger taste that goes so well with the chocolate...I really liked this cake!

img_5251.jpg

All in all, we love it here. We were glad we ended up here in the end. Everyone has something they love here and we all leave full! We have come here even off the dining plan. And yes, I know we ended up using that fourth credit...but it really wasn't about not using the credit, it was about that we did not need all that food! And had the manager at Via Napoli not been rude and condescending, we would have stayed but ordered differently and paid out of pocket. But in the end, we were all happy that we changed venues. And we will be back!

We were there just over an hour (seems like it should be a long meal but it is really efficient while not feeling rushed!). Our total was $258.05 but we used 4 credits...and it was well worth it!

Last edited:
After lunch we headed around the world. We hit Morocco next.

img_5253.jpg

img_5254.jpg

img_5255.jpg

img_5256.jpg

img_5257.jpg

Then on to France...

img_5258.jpg

img_5259.jpg

Then over the bridge...

img_5260.jpg

img_5261.jpg

And into the UK...

img_5262.jpg

img_5263.jpg

img_5266.jpg

img_5267.jpg

Soon we were in Mexico...

img_5269.jpg

Skyler started buying small food like gifts for her best friend here and we took a trip on the River of Time...

img_5276.jpg

img_5271.jpg
img_5272.jpg

img_5273.jpg
img_5275.jpg

We then headed over to China...

img_5277.jpg

We love China and could spend forever there!

img_5278.jpg

Panama found his family...

img_5279.jpg

img_5281.jpg

img_5280.jpg

And headed back out and about...

img_5282.jpg

I am sure we hit the countries in between but I don't have pictures again until USA. We stopped at Fife and Drum for a snack. We got a Barq's® Root Beer Float - Barq's® Root Beer Float with Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and Mint Leaves...

img_5284.jpg

And a I Am Groot...

img_5283.jpg

The tape was basically a pop tart with an edible decal. It was actually really good and fun! I don't remember flavor it was though. The float was a good float. We were there at about 7:52pm and spent $10.75 or 2 snack credits.

Last edited:
We hung around munching with these guys...

img_5285.jpg

...who were not shy AT ALL! And no, we did not feed them...it was too good for ducks! We took our time exploring the rest of the countries back around World Showcase and finally made it back around to Future World. We had a dinner ADR at 8:55pm at COral Reef. Now I was nervous because every time we have had a reservation that was not at opening, we have had a crazy long wait to be seated so we headed in a little early and were told we probably would not be seated until closer to our ADR time. The kids are always worried that we will not get a "good" table so they are always on edge until we are seated. There are bad boot tables here with high backs that do alter your view so I get it but there are also some good tables that are not booths that have great views too. So about five minutes before our ADR time we were called in and led here...

img_5288.jpg

Needless to say, everyone was pleased.

img_5289_1.jpg

img_5292.jpg

img_5299.jpg

The restaurant was clearing out slowly so I assume we were in the last time slot for ADRs. We were not rushed at all but as people cleared out, no one else came in.

For drinks I ordered The Abyss - Skyy Vodka, Bacardi Superior Rum, Blue Curaçao, and Pineapple Juice. I don't remember much about it but i drank it so it must have been good...it was pretty, for sure!

img_5303.jpg

We also ordered the
Captain's Rum Runner - Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Blackberry Brandy, Créme de Banana, and Tropical Juices topped with a float of Plantation Original Dark Rum...which was definitely not as pretty but we liked it.

img_5304.jpg

Tyler ordered a Coke and Skye got the Watermelon Lemonade.

img_5305.jpg

We had decided to use three credits here because Skyler wasn't very hungry and there was plenty she could share if needed. The waiter, Sean, brought the rolls and butter...and everyone was thrilled...they were super soft and warm...so good!
img_5306.jpg

On to appetizers...we ordered the Shrimp Cocktail - Traditional Cocktail Sauce, Charred Lemon...and traditional in presentation, it was not. It was a really fun way to get a shrimp cocktail and we all enjoyed not having the shrimp already doused in sauce...the kids would never put sauce on a shrimp! There are only three of them so it is definitely an appetizer though! It was three nice sized, fresh, cold shrimp and the sauce was your traditional cocktail sauce with a bit of a wang to it! These three did not last long...

img_5307.jpg

Skyler ordered the Caesar Salad - Parmesan Cheese, Croutons as the mail portion of her meal. It was a decent size and nice and fresh and she enjoyed it.

img_5308.jpg

img_5311.jpg

And Tyler ordered the "fried shrimp" as it is listed on my receipt. Is is not on the menu online but I believe is was a firecracker shrimp type thing and as opposed to the shrimp cocktail, this had a lot of shrimp and was plenty for us to share. It was a solid appetizer too.

img_5309.jpg

img_5310.jpg

For entrees...Tyler ordered the "Top Sirloin Steak" as it is listed on the receipt. Again, it is not on the menu now. I don't know that is came with fries but if not, he asked to sub them for whatever did come with it. And Tyler has yet to find a Disney steak he does not like so he was all good!

img_5312.jpg

I ordered the Lobster Seafood Boil - Lobster, Scallops, Shrimp, Andouille Sausage, Corn, Potatoes, Ouzo-Garlic Butter, and Spiced Cioppino Broth (Substitutions Are Not Available). This was wonderful! All of it was well seasoned and cooked perfectly. It was a lot of food. I do believe mine had mussels in place of the scallops though and has a crab claw too.

img_5313.jpg

We also ordered the Oven-roasted Herb Chicken - Seasonal Vegetables, Curry Vinaigrette. It was a good dish. Nothing outstanding but nothing bad either. Skyler helped with some of the chicken. We enjoyed it enough.

img_5314.jpg

For dessert we ordered the Seasonal Cheesecake - shortbread Cookie, Fruit Compote. Isn't it pretty??? We all enjoyed this a lot!

img_5315.jpg

Tyler ordered the The Chocolate Wave - Warm Flourless Chocolate Cake, Raspberry Gelato...who's presentation has really gone down hill over the years but was just as good as ever!

img_5316.jpg

And I ordered what is on the receipt as "Cake Angel Food" (no sugar added) dessert that does not look like it is on the menu anymore...but I did not want to share...this was SO good...lightish...sweet even without sugar added...just a great dessert. Inevitably, i did share and everyone enjoyed it.

img_5317.jpg

We had a great time watching fish while we ate. The place really cleared out while we were there and we were one of only a few tables left in there by the time we were paying our bill.

I know this place gets a bad rap but we have been many times and every time we have been pleased. Sometimes the service is not as great as other places but that just saves me tip money. The food has always been to our liking. And you can't beat the aquarium to eat by. I would guess we will be back sooner or later. I struggle with Epcot dining though because there are SO many good places to dine! We were here about an hour and a half and out total was $202.66.

Last edited:

On the way out of Coral Reef, Skye needed a photoshoot...

And it was still raining a bit but was an almost empty park, which is really cool to see. By this time of an evening we are usually not in Future World so this was fun!

img_5319.jpg

img_5320.jpg

img_5321.jpg

img_5322.jpg

img_5323.jpg

The kids love the light up side walks and hope they don't disappear with the new changes!

img_5324.jpg

img_5325.jpg

img_5326.jpg

That, stretched out is now my wallpaper on my phone!

And look, there are other people here...

img_5327.jpg

I believe there was a bus coming shortly after we arrived at the stop and there was a couple of other people waiting. We got back to Pop around 11:30pm.

img_5328.jpg

We all got ready for bed and we were out pretty quickly...

Last edited:
August 1, 2019 (Thursday) arrived early and we were out soon after.

img_5329.jpg

We did not wait long for the bus and were soon arriving at Animal Kingdom for the day! We love Animal Kingdom and cannot understand people who skip it or say it is a half day park. We could spend all day there and still not feel like we had enough time. Skye and I went through the no bag line and the Ty went through bag check...so while we waited we took pictures.

img_5330.jpg

img_5331.jpg

They were through quickly and we headed in...

img_5332.jpg

img_5333.jpg

I love all the lamps and lamp posts and signs and benches here...everything has something to look at.

img_5334.jpg

img_5335.jpg

Oddly enough, we cut right and headed to our first fast pass for the day...Everest.

img_5336.jpg

img_5337.jpg

img_5338.jpg

img_5339.jpg

We pretty much walked right on and then headed back over to Africa.

img_5340.jpg

img_5341.jpg

img_5342.jpg

It was way more crowded over here!

img_5343.jpg

img_5344.jpg

img_5345.jpg

img_5346.jpg

Standby was a bit longer than 5 minutes but not bad and we had time to waste before our brunch ADR so we waited.

Last edited:
Once off our long safari (it was long due to multiple animals crossing or coming too close to the road) we headed back towards Asia. We did a lot of park crossing this morning but it was worth it in the end. We started with fast passes for Everest at 9:05am and then hit the safari stand-by. and, obviously, now we're heading back to Everest.

img_5413.jpg

img_5414.jpg

img_5415.jpg

img_5416.jpg

img_5417.jpg

img_5418.jpg

img_5419.jpg

img_5420.jpg

We stood in the stand-by line that was not very long.

img_5421.jpg

img_5422.jpg

img_5423.jpg

img_5424.jpg

img_5425.jpg

img_5426.jpg

img_5427.jpg

img_5429.jpg

img_5430.jpg

img_5433.jpg

img_5435.jpg

img_5437.jpg

img_5439.jpg

img_5440.jpg

And we headed back to Africa. LOL...

img_5441.jpg

img_5442.jpg

img_5443.jpg

img_5444.jpg

And we headed to brunch.

Last edited:
Outside the restrooms near our destination we watched these guys for a bit...

img_5446.jpg

We had a 10:30am ADR at...

img_5445.jpg

We checked in and had to sit for a few minutes but it wasn't long. Once we were called we were taken into the main room, a few tables in.

img_5447.jpg

We met our waitress, Veronica. She was an older woman who seemed a bit overwhelmed already but she was kinda like your mom so she worked out well. We placed our drink orders and had to ask for straws when they came. We headed up to the buffet.

img_5449.jpg

img_5451.jpg

These are Skyler's first trip...croissant, glazed donut holes, and a chocolate croissant...and Mickey Waffle, Tater Tots, Pancakes, a Simba Waffle under the pancakes, bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs.

img_5452.jpg

Tyler's Donut Holes.

img_5453.jpg

Tyler's plate of Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, a Mickey Waffle and a Simba Waffle.

img_5455.jpg

img_5457.jpg

My first plates (and I am not going to be able to tell you what it all was...a Simba Waffle, Sausage, Bacon, Ham, Scrambled Eggs, Grits, and for the rest your guess is as good as mine! And then Donut Holes, a fruit salad, cantaloupe and grapes, a tomato salad, a chocolate crossaint, and a cinnamon roll.

img_5458.jpg

Me and Skyler had Jungle Juice.

img_5459.jpg

A plate of tater tots, breakfast potatoes, some kind of omelet, and bacon.

Donald was the first around...

img_5460.jpg

img_5461.jpg

img_5462.jpg

img_5463.jpg

I had ordered an African Bloody Mary for my drink also. It took a while getting there though so I was glad I had the Jungle Juice!

img_5464.jpg

It was very watered down...I don't mean that it was short on the booze but that it was a very thin drink...a lot of the Bloody Marys I have had have been a thicker, tomato juice type drink. This was more the feel of water. The flavor was ok, the bacon was good but it was not the best drink I had this trip and I don't think I'd order it again.

Also, we ordered the Captain's Mai-Tai. It is not on the menu so I am not sure what it was made with here but he enjoyed it.

img_5465.jpg

Mickey came around next...

img_5466.jpg

img_5467.jpg

img_5469.jpg

img_5470.jpg

Daisy was next around...

img_5472.jpg

img_5474.jpg

img_5475.jpg

And Goofy was last around...

img_5476.jpg
img_5477.jpg

img_5478.jpg

img_5479.jpg

In here, we all had grabbed other plates but we were waiting on lunch to be out and shortly after Goofy was through, it was so we headed up some more.

img_5480.jpg

This was a Skyler Plate of Mac & Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Leg, Corn Dog Nuggets, and Green Beans.

Mickey stopped by again real quick!

img_5483.jpg

We each went up for more but i do not have any other pictures. This was a perfect time to be here. We got to enjoy Breakfast and Lunch (at the Breakfast price if we had been paying) and it was not super crowded. We saw some of the characters twice and they had tome to hand out a bit. This is normally a loud place but it was not too bad today.

We love Tuskerhouse for all meals (it is one of the few buffets we will go to for lunch and dinner). I find it difficult to pay out of pocket for buffets though so when not on a dining plan we tend not to come. All in all everything was fresh and full. Even when they started changing over to lunch the breakfast food was kept up for a bit. There is a lot to choose from here for regular plan people and the adventurous ones too.

We were there for about an hour and it did not need to have been that long but we had had a busy morning and were just enjoying our brunch.

Our total here was $186.91 or 4 dining credits.

Last edited:
After Brunch we headed out...

img_5484.jpg

img_5485.jpg

And we hopped a train back to Rafiki's Planet Watch at Conservation Station or whatever it is called now!

img_5486.jpg

img_5487.jpg

img_5488.jpg

img_5489.jpg

It is quite a walk from the train station to Conservation Station.

img_5490.jpg

img_5491.jpg

img_5492.jpg

img_5493.jpg

img_5494.jpg

img_5495.jpg

img_5496.jpg

img_5497.jpg

img_5498.jpg

img_5499.jpg

img_5500.jpg

img_5504.jpg

We love watching the Kimono Dragon, he is always so active and seems to respond to things going on outside his enclosure.

img_5502.jpg

We went out in the petting area and actually spent a long time in there...

IMG_5363.jpg

IMG_5364.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5366.jpg

Apparently, that guy (above) rules the roost! Last time we were there for the Animation thing, they brought him inside to show what tricks he does and said he was one of the models for Hei-Hei.

IMG_5367.jpg

IMG_5369.jpg

When it was time to go inside to draw we headed that way. This session was drawing Ed! I really like the old set up at Hollywood Studios better but this works. Everyone gets a seat and a clip board, paper and a pencil. The animator sits up front in the center and there are large screens on each side to follow along with. They don't speed through but they don't go slowly either, so you have to keep up. Here's our finished products...

img_5505.jpg

img_5506.jpg

Not sure why I only have two pictures??? If i find the others I will add them. After our drawing session, we headed back to the station. We had a slight wait but it was not long

img_5508.jpg

Last edited:
When we arrived back in Africa we headed down the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.

img_5510.jpg

img_5511.jpg

img_5512.jpg

And then we got to our favorite part...Skyler would stand there and watch these guys all day...

img_5513.jpg

img_5514.jpg

img_5515.jpg

img_5516.jpg

img_5517.jpg

img_5518.jpg

He's easier to see here...see the baby wrapped around her arm??? He was so cute!

img_5519.jpg

img_5520.jpg

img_5521.jpg

img_5525.jpg

img_5529.jpg

We finally dragged her away...

img_5532.jpg

And we headed back out into Africa...

img_5533.jpg

img_5534.jpg

img_5535.jpg

We headed towards Pandora. I really like the back route from Africa to Pandora...it's really pretty along the water.

img_5536.jpg

img_5537.jpg

img_5538.jpg

img_5539.jpg

img_5540.jpg

img_5541.jpg

We stopped at Pongu Pongu for a
Night Blossom - Non-Alcoholic Specialty Beverage - layers of Apple and Desert Pear Limeade topped with Passion Fruit Boba Balls. We all love the boba balls! The total was $6.38 or1 snack credit.

img_5543.jpg

Last edited:
We had fast passes for 3:15pm for Flight of Passage. My kankles have a love/hate relationship with this ride. Sometimes we all cooperate and sometimes we don't. I love the ride but I never know if I am going to be able to ride.

img_5544.jpg

img_5546.jpg

img_5548.jpg

img_5549.jpg

So I we all went through and since it was mid day at the end of our trip I was pretty sure I would not fit on the ride but I tried. Nope. So they showed me where to wait for my party and when they came would we were given an anytime fast pass for the next 24 hours! I guess there is a silver lining. So not all was lost.

After hanging around at the base of the Tree we headed over for one of everyone's favorite snacks!

img_5571.jpg

Eight Spoon Cafe is one of the kids' favorite for
Baked Macaroni & Cheese. It used to be better though. It used to came "baked" in little black plastic ramekins with bread crumb topping. I think the serving size is bigger now but they were better before...however, they still love them! We only ordered two but they gave us three. Cary ordered the Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Shrimp and Sweet Chili Sauce.

img_5572.jpg

It was actually really good! The kids didn't like it but me and Cary did. The total was $16.69 or three snack credits (at 4:33pm).

We took our food over to Flame Tree's seating area to eat.

img_5573.jpg

There are so many fun places to sit over there!

From there we headed over to...

img_5574.jpg

...where this was happening...

img_5575.jpg

Off to the right we saw this guy...

img_5577.jpg

...before heading in to see these guys...

img_5579.jpg

img_5580.jpg

img_5581.jpg

img_5582.jpg

IMG_5372.jpg

(we decided Chi-chi should never see this!)

We rode stand-by. I'm not sure what the wait time was but it couldn't have been long since we waited for it.

After laughing at Tyler being scared on this ride, we headed into DInoland for more fun. The dance party was in full party mode when we arrived. It was misty raining but it wasn't too terrible.

img_5583.jpg

img_5584.jpg

img_5585.jpg

img_5586.jpg
img_5587.jpg

img_5588.jpg

img_5591.jpg

img_5592.jpg

img_5593.jpg

img_5597.jpg

img_5598.jpg

img_5599.jpg

img_5600.jpg

img_5601.jpg

The Dino-bash was fun, probably would be more fun if it wasn't wet. Chip and Dale are SO cute in their dinosaur costumes! There was a lot of interaction and the DJs were creating a very cool atmosphere.

img_5602.jpg

As we moved on, we found these guys...

img_5603.jpg

We don't generally see snails in Illinois so they were a fun find.

So we headed off towards Asia again.

img_5604.jpg

img_5605.jpg

img_5606.jpg

And we jumped in line for our anytime fast passes we got from Flight of Passage here...

img_5607.jpg

After, we stopped at what is listed on my receipt as "Trek Snacks" where we ordered a Mickey Pretzel with Cheese and a Frozen Orangeade.

img_5608.jpg

img_5609.jpg

It did not take long for this to disappear. I happen to like the Orangeade better than lemonade. The total was $12.55 or two snack credits.

So then we kept on our way around the path.

img_5610.jpg

img_5611.jpg

img_5612.jpg

img_5613.jpg

img_5614.jpg

img_5615.jpg

img_5616.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter