Why Not Now? Reaching weight loss and fitness goals in 2016--All Welcome!

Rose&Mike

DIS Veteran
Welcome!

This is a thread for anyone ready to get serious about reaching their weight loss goals in 2016.

Looking for a group of folks with the following mindset:
1. Willing to be honest about their weight and what they need to lose.
2. Willing to give honest, yet positive feedback. No being mean, but being politely honest is ok. I know I can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect to lose.
3. Willing to check in a couple of times a week to talk about weight loss plans, progress, exercise, setbacks and personal stuff--as it relates to your weight loss journey.

I am happy to track as little or as much as you would like me. See post below. More instructions to come on weekly reporting.

I have found that the more active I am in positively talking about and problem solving when it comes to my weight loss, the more successful I am.

Here's to a healthy and successful 2016!

Last edited:
PARTICIPANTS
**You are welcome to join at any time. :)

DB%20WL%202.12%20am.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how the chart works...do we give you our numbers and you will enter them? Here are mine because I don't know how to edit your chart:
Pinkflmngo: Start 159, Goal 135, Pounds to LTG: 24, % to go: 100%, January Goal: 4
I would also like to lower my BMI from 28.2 to 24.0. Just once in my 63 years I want to NOT be obese or overweight on the BMI scale. I have made progress because I used to be 178 and a BMI of 31.6. But the holidays are over and I am ready for change.

Thanks,
Lynda

Forgot to introduce myself. I am married and 62 for another month, haha. I have 1 daughter who works at WDW as a manager in a resort. My husband works about 3 hours away from home and is not here very often. Cooking for one makes it easier to stick to a plan. I hate running because it is such hard work for me, but I love the satisfaction I get when I get it done! My goal includes at least 3 runs per week. I love my fitbit zip and usually have no trouble getting 10,000 steps per day, but the past month has been full of excuses. I would be happy to have fitbit friends. I do better when I know people are watching!
Lynda

I am Kim, I will be 50 at the end of Feb.
My current weight is 213.2. Goal weight 150-155 ish
Goals some sort of exercise every day for at least 30 mins and cut out pop.

Thank you for starting this.

Kim

Welcome!

This is a thread for anyone ready to get serious about reaching their weight loss goals in 2016.

Looking for a group of folks with the following mindset:
1. Willing to be honest about their weight and what they need to lose.
2. Willing to give honest, yet positive feedback. No being mean, but being politely honest is ok. I know I can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect to lose.
3. Willing to check in a couple of times a week to talk about weight loss plans, progress, exercise, setbacks and personal stuff--as it relates to your weight loss journey.

I am happy to track as little or as much as you would like me. See post below. More instructions to come on weekly reporting.

I have found that the more active I am in positively talking about and problem solving when it comes to my weight loss, the more successful I am.

Here's to a healthy and successful 2016!
Hi. I'm new to disboards and forums. Not sure how it goes and how to participate. But, I've been working on jogging some. More walker than runner. And always trying to lose weight. So maybe this will help

Hi I am 41 and I am going to start with a goal of 60lbs for now. I don't want a bigger number to overwhelm me. I am going to start out with walking and yoga since I have been doing nothing for months. Hoping as the weight comes off to start adding some jogging again. I got a new Fitbit for Christmas. YAY! Planning on using it alot. Focusing on eating as natural as possible and balanced.

I don't see the chart but will let you know anything else you need to know. Thanks Rose

Not sure how the chart works...do we give you our numbers and you will enter them? Here are mine because I don't know how to edit your chart:
Pinkflmngo: Start 159, Goal 135, Pounds to LTG: 24, % to go: 100%, January Goal: 4
I would also like to lower my BMI from 28.2 to 24.0. Just once in my 63 years I want to NOT be obese or overweight on the BMI scale. I have made progress because I used to be 178 and a BMI of 31.6. But the holidays are over and I am ready for change.

Thanks,
Lynda
Hi Lynda! I will edit the table. I am sitting at a 28.2 bmi as well. Great attitude about being ready for a change!

Forgot to introduce myself. I am married and 62 for another month, haha. I have 1 daughter who works at WDW as a manager in a resort. My husband works about 3 hours away from home and is not here very often. Cooking for one makes it easier to stick to a plan. I hate running because it is such hard work for me, but I love the satisfaction I get when I get it done! My goal includes at least 3 runs per week. I love my fitbit zip and usually have no trouble getting 10,000 steps per day, but the past month has been full of excuses. I would be happy to have fitbit friends. I do better when I know people are watching!
Lynda
I don't have a fitbit, but I have been thinking about getting one. :) My DH has a 45-60 minute each way commute, so not quite as far but it makes for long days. If I do not meal plan we end up eating junk.

I am Kim, I will be 50 at the end of Feb.
My current weight is 213.2. Goal weight 150-155 ish
Goals some sort of exercise every day for at least 30 mins and cut out pop.

Thank you for starting this.

Kim
Great goals Kim. I cut out diet coke in Dec 2009 and have not had one since. One of the best decisions I ever made. Unfortunately when I had to go to gf I let myself start having regular cokes. Big mistake. I love coke so much. Such a horrible habit, I know. But it is one of my goals for the new year as well.

Hi. I'm new to disboards and forums. Not sure how it goes and how to participate. But, I've been working on jogging some. More walker than runner. And always trying to lose weight. So maybe this will help
Hi Maggie. Welcome! If you would like to have me track your progress please feel free to post your numbers. If not you can participate through chat, etc.

Please introduce yourself.

Do you have a goal?
Here's an article about goal setting and weight loss in case you are interested.

http://exercise.about.com/od/weightloss/a/weightlossgoals.htm

My name is Rose, I am 48 with one DS who is in law school. My DH and I relocated to the Charlotte area 15 months ago. I had gained some weight back before we moved, but moving really did me in. It was a challenging transition for us, and even though we really wanted to move, it was tough. My DH loves his new job, but I have yet to find something that works for me. I volunteer 2 or 3 days a week at a children's home. I have also started a blog, but I am really slow at updating. :) I have been overweight for much of my life--and even when I wasn't overweight I thought I was. In 2010 I got down to 137--was wearing a size 4 and was thrilled--and sick. I had a lot of health issues and ended up giving up gluten. I also went through early menopause. I feel much better, but as of this summer I am now on bp meds. I have got to start taking better care of myself again.

So my goals include getting my weight down to ~145 which should put me at a healthy bmi, getting some kind of exercise ~30 min a day, and drinking 6 glasses of water a day. I also will give up coke--going to my last coke on NYE. :( It is such a bad habit.

Hi I am 41 and I am going to start with a goal of 60lbs for now. I don't want a bigger number to overwhelm me. I am going to start out with walking and yoga since I have been doing nothing for months. Hoping as the weight comes off to start adding some jogging again. I got a new Fitbit for Christmas. YAY! Planning on using it alot. Focusing on eating as natural as possible and balanced.

I don't see the chart but will let you know anything else you need to know. Thanks Rose
Great place to start! Yoga and walking are wonderful places to start. I know I have a tendency to overdo it sometimes, so you have to find that place between not enough and too much. :)

Can you not see the chart in the second post?

Hello all, my name is Tim. I currently weigh 346 lbs. My goals are to continue to exercise (I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a wk) continue to do half marathons (I've done two HM since the beginning of December), also to keep improving my times on my half marathons, and to lose about 120 lbs. My next race will be the Dopey challenge in two weeks. Anyway that's about me , look forward to this journey.

Thanks
Tim

Hi! My name is Darci and I would like to lose 50 lbs. That would put me at 145, so I weigh 195 or I did last Tuesday. Well, I was off plan during Christmas and it was a choice. Anyway, I've lost 24 lbs since labor day. I do low carb. My goal for excercise is 3-4 times a week. I am going to continue with treadmill, cycling, elliptical and weight training. Water is an issue for me as I stated in the other thread so 64 oz daily is my goal.

Great place to start! Yoga and walking are wonderful places to start. I know I have a tendency to overdo it sometimes, so you have to find that place between not enough and too much. :)

Can you not see the chart in the second post?

No the second post has a grey circle with a minus sign in it. Looks like a road sign in grey

I can't see the chart either. But I'm in. I can't take it anymore. I'm starting Monday. I'm at 155, need to be at 120. 35 lbs need to go! Anything else you need to know?

My doc told me to lose weight now! My family medical history is pretty terrible and I've been fortunate so far. But if I don't get back in control of it I won't stay so fortunate.

I lost 50 lbs 6 years ago and it felt AMAZING! I went from 165 to 115. I want that back!!!

:) Can anyone see the chart? Wanted to check before I try to fix it.

ETA: I changed where the link was coming from. Hopefully that fixed it. :)

Last edited:
Hello all, my name is Tim. I currently weigh 346 lbs. My goals are to continue to exercise (I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a wk) continue to do half marathons (I've done two HM since the beginning of December), also to keep improving my times on my half marathons, and to lose about 120 lbs. My next race will be the Dopey challenge in two weeks. Anyway that's about me , look forward to this journey.

Thanks
Tim
Hi Tim! Nice to have you. Very exciting about the Dopey challenge. I know there are a bunch of Wishers going to Marathon Weekend. I did the full a couple years ago--hardest thing I ever did! I have also participated in Princess 2x and all of the W&D halves. Just take it one pound at a time. :)

Hi! My name is Darci and I would like to lose 50 lbs. That would put me at 145, so I weigh 195 or I did last Tuesday. Well, I was off plan during Christmas and it was a choice. Anyway, I've lost 24 lbs since labor day. I do low carb. My goal for excercise is 3-4 times a week. I am going to continue with treadmill, cycling, elliptical and weight training. Water is an issue for me as I stated in the other thread so 64 oz daily is my goal.
Congrats on those 24 pounds Darci! You can do it! We have similar goals. I used to be a run, run, run, kind of person, but my chronic injuries have put an end to that. Looking for more balance this year while at the same time hoping to participate in W&D again this year.

I can't see the chart either. But I'm in. I can't take it anymore. I'm starting Monday. I'm at 155, need to be at 120. 35 lbs need to go! Anything else you need to know?

My doc told me to lose weight now! My family medical history is pretty terrible and I've been fortunate so far. But if I don't get back in control of it I won't stay so fortunate.

I lost 50 lbs 6 years ago and it felt AMAZING! I went from 165 to 115. I want that back!!!
I felt great without those extra pounds too! And while my doctor is being very kind to me right now, I know she really wants me to lose some weight too.

Well it looks like we are off to a great start!
I am suffering from the cold from you know where. Two weeks in and I am still miserable. Fingers crossed that by the 1st I am feeling better because I really want to start the New Year off with some exercise. The good thing--I really can't taste anything right now, so food is not that appealing. ;)

Assuming people can now see the chart I will update later today.

I'm in. I'm currently 33 years old. Yesterday, I weighed in at 148. My first goal is to lose 12 lbs by May. My January goal is 4 lbs.

Some background. I grew up an athlete but since then struggled with weight and terrible eating habits. I joined a gym 6 years ago and maintained at 136 for a couple of years. I got pregnant and gained 40 lbs! Within a year, I lost 37 and now a year later, I've gained 10 back. I work 2 jobs and struggle with the time, motivation and energy to exercise.

My immediate action plan (started yesterday):
1. Minimum of 25 mins of exercise 6 days per week
2. Minimum of 66 oz of water every day
3. No eating on the go, if I need to eat, I must pack the food from home

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!