Why Not Now? Reaching weight loss and fitness goals in 2016--All Welcome!

Hi there, wondering if it's too late to join your group? I am new to DIS boards and just found this thread. Not quite sure how this works but I am planning on using WW and FitBit. Motivated by my upcoming 20th anniversary trip to Aruba in June and ultimately would like to be at my goal weight by my next Disney trip January 2017...hoping that the fear of getting in a bathing suit in Aruba is enough to jump start my efforts! I am looking forward to the support and encouragement here!

Welcome @iheartdisney44

I was down 1lb this week which isn't as much as I would have thought but oh well. That makes me at 4.2lbs/8lbs for this month goal. My kids are off all week for March break so I hope I can keep my food in check with all of them here. Having a "fat" day today :( i was just trying on some tops for our Disney cruise next month and the ones I thought would be lose by now are still too clingy for my liking. I don't dare try on pants yet since that is where most of my weight is. I hate these days where you feel just as big as ever even after losing some weight.

I came across this thread today and would also like to join in if I could. I was off to a pretty good start through the fall but come Thanksgiving between having a lingering cold and then going on vacation, holidays and birthdays I managed to put back what I had lost plus a couple pounds. March 1st was my restarting point, I set a lofty goal of losing 11 pounds for the month and I have lost 3 so far. In the past I have done WW and it worked out well but all the tracking got old fast and the meetings just weren't for me (mostly because of the time factor). I have been going to zumba once a week and when time permits taking at least 1 if not 2 yoga classes but my primary source of exercise has come from walking my dog at night once dinner is done and cleaned up. As for my diet, I have been trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables and scale back on the cheese. I haven't been doing as well as I could be but as long as I am trying and losing it will just have to work for now, baby steps :)

@5xdisneyfans Don't lose hope! I'm FINALLY starting to see progress. I spent like three weeks working my butt off and not losing an ounce! Plus, at least for me, it took a few (4) years to gain this so 9 months or so of loss is better than 4 years! You can do it!!

@5xdisneyfans Thank You! @Poohlove I also did WW...about 17 times...and yes, it gets really old really fast tracking, weighing, and measuring! But I keep coming back to it because nothing else seems to really work for me and I've been able to stick to WW for longer than anything else I've tried. Baby steps, indeed! Good luck!

I have done WW watchers many times also but I am sick of them changing it. I am sticking with plain old fashion calories this time. I also found the WW I went too was not very good any more. Zero motivation and accountability. I know there are good ones out there but mine is not one. I have lost with it in the past but the last two times I tried it I really didn't get anywhere. If it is working for you than awesome! Slow and steady wins the race :)

Not sure where we are for weigh ins but I am officially at zero for the month. One WDW trip and 2 birthday party I hosted and I am at 0 loss. Ugh. Better than being up though and in the past I def would have been.

So now i am restarting March. I did notice that a number of shirts and shorts I brought on the trip were much loser than when I wore them last year. I pretty much wear a simple dress and flip flops every day, even doimg yard work, cleaning...so I have a few cute , nicer tops and such i bought for a trip last may and I hadn't really worn in months. I was pleased to see they were bigger on me as were the shorts. Yah!

WW does change too often for me. Not to sound like a loser but I really don't have many friends and the ones that I do have are so busy with their own thing so the meeting aspect offers a sense of support but the tracking part of it I find hard to keep up with. My real downfall is snacking, I will do great with my choices at breakfast and lunch but come dinner time I undo all I have done through the day. I have been trying to make it to the gym after dinner in place of snacking and have been doing much better but our schedule is so hectic that often times after dinner isn't until 7:30 or so and by then all I want to do is relax.

@Poohlove you don't sound like a loser. You probably have more friends than me but I choose that. I have not had much luck with people I can trust in my life so I don't get close to people. I don't share anything I am doing with people in my life anymore since I have found that it doesn't help but actually hinders my progress. That is why I love these boards. Everyone gets what you are going through and support one another. No judging or pressure. Night times are hard for me also. I love to snack at night when the kids are in bed and I have time to relax. I always try and save some calories for at night so I can have something and not go over for the day.

@5xdisneyfans I am right there with you on that!!! I too choose to keep people at a distance, I like to chat casually to people at my kids athletic events and at the classes I take at the gym and yoga studio but that is the extent of it. My one friend who I could confide in has become super busy with things in her life and now lives in another town so we don't get together as much but do try to have lunch every few weeks to catch up. These boards are great, it is nice to have people who are having the same day to day struggles and can offer real insight and support.

For my nighttime snack I have been trying to just have an apple or some grapes but a lot of times a cookie or some chips sneak in while I am making lunches for the next day :)

Hello and welcome to anyone new! This is a great group for support.

I thought I was going to be more active here this month, but I'm not doing so well. I wish I could just post from my phone since I often have time while at kids practices. I'm rarely on the computer, so I need to make some more time for checking in here at night.

I've been doing so good since I joined a Dietbet. I needed to weigh 162.4 and this morning I weighed 161.7. Now I need to keep it off until the official weigh in on Tuesday, but I'm not too worried. I'm thinking of doing another 30 day round. It really motivated me to track all my food and to exercise more.

I'll try my best to pop on here more this week. Have a healthy Monday!

Jill

Hi, I would like to join. I am 31. My current weight is 181.0. My goal weight 110.0 but I would be satisfied at 130.0. That means that I need to lose between 51-71lbs.

My goal for March is 5lbs and 510mins of exercise.

Last edited:
@jillbur I have problems using this site on my phone too, when I try to login it tells me my user name is already in use??? Back in the day the kids' practices were the only place that I had any kind of spare time. I see that you have had success with Dietbet, I was looking into that and think I might give it a try.

Welcome @Swilcox! My numbers are about the same as yours!

It's been a few days and I'm doing ok but not great. I've done 40/510 minutes of my exercise goal but I'm having trouble with my diet. I won't have another weight check until Monday. Here's to hoping I can do better over the next few days.

I had my official weigh in with my Dietbet today and I made my goal by 0.5 pounds! Whew! I loved having that motivation pushing me. Today I decided to splurge and have some desserts (cookies at work, brownie at home) and I feel terrible! Blah. Apparently after a month of pretty healthy eating, my body does not enjoy sweets like it used to. I'm right back at tracking calories and healthy foods tomorrow. DS12 and I are going to hit the gym while DS9 is at soccer practice tomorrow night. I'd love to join another Dietbet, but 4% is tough to lose in a month. I'd need to lose 6.5 pounds. I'm worried that as I get closer to my goal weight, 4% isn't realistic anymore.

Anyhow, I am rambling on. I'm glad to see so many new people joining our healthy journey, but I'm a little worried about Rose. I haven't seen her on for awhile. I hope everything is okay with her. Has anyone talked with her?

I have a busy weekend coming up, so I may not be on regularly. Have a healthy night :)

Jill

@jillbur I've noticed that too--I hope she is ok!

I'm plateaued again...sigh. Stuck at 13.5 lbs down for over a week now. Frustrating!
But there is a positive too! I'm finally seeing a difference in myself! And I put on a size smaller pair of jeans yesterday. Still have a long way to go but at least that part is encouraging. My foot is acting up again--the plantar fasciitis is much better though. I'm left with some sort of nerve issue in one foot that I've managed for years now, but it doesn't want to settle down anymore. So I'm heading to the doctor next week. Again.

Down 2lbs today. Making it 6.2lbs for March so far. I need to cut back on the carbs. They are starting to take over my food choices.

@Tigerlulu I have plantar fasciitis also and just when I think it is getting better or going away it comes back. Ugh

@5xdisneyfans PF sucks!!!!!

I'm finally down 1. Lol
So 1/2 lb from my March goal. I fought with the last .3 lb last month--guessing I'll fight this .5. Oh well. What totally made my day today was taking an updated pic this morning. I put it with a pic I had taken 5 weeks ago and wow! That was all the motivation I needed!

Feeling hopeful! Down 5lbs overall since staring 2/26. To finally start losing weight, I had to stop cheating on weekends. It has been really tough! Today, DH and I are going to opening day at Busch Gardens (which has great food!), so I am going to go ahead and call it a cheat day! My goal for next week's weigh in will be to not gain more than 0.5lbs. I am learning one day can make a big difference, unfortunately!

Great job everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter